PDA

View Full Version : PIDs for early Allison 1000?

beav
June 25th, 2013, 12:23 PM
It appears that the pid list is greatly reduced when the Allison is not behind a dmax. I have an 01 Allison 1000 behind an 08 6.7 Cummins. The truck is an 06 F250. I am also using Destroked's Allison TCU and XFC. Is it possible to gain access to more tranny pids - like TCC enable, duty, etc?

THEFERMANATOR
June 25th, 2013, 12:46 PM
If your using DESTROKED's kit, then your using an 03-04 LB7 TCM. Not sure what all applies in a stand alone environment. I connect the V2 and then validate PID's, whatever comes up is what I can use.

beav
June 28th, 2013, 09:41 AM
If your using DESTROKED's kit, then your using an 03-04 LB7 TCM. Not sure what all applies in a stand alone environment. I connect the V2 and then validate PID's, whatever comes up is what I can use.

Thanks for the info...

I'm trying to troubleshoot some issues (aside from the point) and really need to see the TCC PIDs. Will these PIDs ever come available in EFILive (question directed more to EFILive support team of course).

beav
June 30th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Ok, got the PIDs to finally show up. Can't explain how or why but may have had something to do with some stars that aligned...

On to the troubleshooting, I was able to confirm that the TCC slip and duty cycle are responding as they should based on the tables (stock tune).

Thing is, I am seeing some crazy scaling in the TPS input. When I push the pedal in 5-10% or so (hard to tell exactly) the input reading in EFILive is 65-75% or better. Obviously this changes lots of things in the tables and causes slightly delayed shifting and difficulty getting it to shift into 5th. For example, if I am not over 65 mph or so, it will not shift into 5th until I either speed up or let off the throttle slighty (which is something like moving from a 80% TPS reading to a 65% reading when the actual pedal position is less than 15%).

Anyhow, my direct question would be, what can manipulate the TPS PID so drastically when I am giving a linear input voltage per pedal position to the XFC? I've hear that the MAF sensor may come into play along with other metrics. Just put a brand new MAF on.

I can provide the log file if you think it would be helpful...

beav
June 30th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Actually, which TPS PID should I be using? All I have accessible is the GM.TP. Seems that I should be using the SAE.TP, but it is X'd out.

THEFERMANATOR
June 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Not sure on the TPS PID as I haven't found one for the TCM that reads out correctly. The TCM looks for the ECM's APPS percentage and comes up with a TPS off of that. When I log the TPS on mine it is always off the chart weird, but if I log the ECM's APPS it reads out correct to the shifts. Sounds like you need to adjust your XFC's TPS scaling.

beav
June 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Not sure on the TPS PID as I haven't found one for the TCM that reads out correctly. The TCM looks for the ECM's APPS percentage and comes up with a TPS off of that. When I log the TPS on mine it is always off the chart weird, but if I log the ECM's APPS it reads out correct to the shifts. Sounds like you need to adjust your XFC's TPS scaling.

Here is a link to my other post that is more specific to the TPS scaling issue. Take a look at the log graph and let me know if you can confirm anything or possibly provide some addition insight. I'm really stuck on this without Destroked's support. They really told me that it is just plug and play other than just entering the voltage for 0% and 100% TP into the Alg1 input calibration.

link here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22812-Throttle-Position-%28TP-%29&p=194010&highlight=#post194010)