PDA

View Full Version : Timing calculator.

Quinton
June 25th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Okay I'm clueless to the timing calculator for the cummins tuning in efilive. I've used Josh H's calculator for a duramax and it was easy. How do you set your % BTDC?

Quinton
June 26th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Anyone?

2007 5.9
June 26th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Are you looking for directions to find it?

Quinton
June 26th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Are you looking for directions to find it?

No, I'm talking about the timing calculator in efilive's v7.5 software for dodge. Idk how to use it. I have Josh H's calculator in excel for Duramax's. I don't know how to adjust for say 50% BTDC on the cummins calculator in v7.5.

2007 5.9
June 26th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Open it up and input the % you wish in the cells and click apply.

Quinton
June 26th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Open it up and input the % you wish in the cells and click apply.

Isn't that just the lowest % timing set point?

2007 5.9
June 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM
The values you put in the cells within the timing calc ARE the %.

Quinton
June 26th, 2013, 11:01 AM
I don't get it. If I want the timing set at 50% before top dead center how do I put that in? This is the calculator I use. All you do is put in your % you want BTDC and minimum timing then you copy and paste your main injection pulse and fuel pressure and it does it for you. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/27/haja5e5u.jpg

Wheelz
June 26th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I don't get it. If I want the timing set at 50% before top dead center how do I put that in? This is the calculator I use. All you do is put in your % you want BTDC and minimum timing then you copy and paste your main injection pulse and fuel pressure and it does it for you. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/27/haja5e5u.jpg

You are way over complicating this. The calculator in EFI live lets you set the percentage BTDC for EACH cell in that table. So instead of your excel calculator only letting you define a single percentage that applies to the entire table, you can set your cruise area of the table to ~90% BTDC and your power range at 50% BTDC and blend them together for a nice smooth map.

If you want it to work like the excel book just select every cell in the timing calculator table and set it to 50%

Quinton
June 26th, 2013, 11:29 AM
You are way over complicating this. The calculator in EFI live lets you set the percentage BTDC for EACH cell in that table. So instead of your excel calculator only letting you define a single percentage that applies to the entire table, you can set your cruise area of the table to ~90% BTDC and your power range at 50% BTDC and blend them together for a nice smooth map.

If you want it to work like the excel book just select every cell in the timing calculator table and set it to 50%

Ahhhhh!! Okay. I feel stupid now. I completely understand now. Thank y'all both very much.

2007 5.9
June 26th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Glad you got it.