PDA

View Full Version : crappy idle: 80lbs inj on stock LS1

FPSeth
June 26th, 2013, 10:25 AM
2002 camaro auto LS1 w/ Procharger D1, all stock sensors, trickflow/Bosch EV1 80lbs inj

Before you all harass me for putting 80lbs inj where they don't need to be and for not having correct injector data before tuning- I know, but I'm trying to work with what I have here in front of me.

Only issue is at idle, on start up it it will idle really lean until I just 'blip the throttle' then it falls into a rich afr- but look at my VE table- it makes no sense that I have 100%VE @ 55-60kpa in the idle areas then a sudden drop off into the 30's @ 'normal' vacuum areas. Rest of the tune up is great with minimal corrections.

I attached a log of me putting it between N and D and you can see how bad the AFR jumps at idle, yet the IBWpw is not that different. Could this just be a matter of bad small pulse injector data and latency data or is there something on these GenIII's that I'm missing or that I screwed up?

FPSeth
June 28th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Nevermind- I done figured it- something called an A.I.R. Pump that was coming on @ 12g/sec, which, of course when it was a wimpy NA LS1 that was a lot of rpm's but with a D1 blowing down its throat thats a hair over idle. These old cars are so funny with their EGR's and A.I.R.'s and god knows what other emissions crap.

joecar
July 7th, 2013, 08:58 PM
So AIR pump was it...? Cool, glad you found it (I'm running behind in looking at people's files)... :cheers: