PDA

View Full Version : B3643 PE Commanded Fuel Step Size

Lextech
June 27th, 2013, 11:49 PM
I am curious about table B3643 PE Commanded Fuel Step Size. Would I want to Zero out this parameter for a Boosted application? To make it transition to and from Stoich faster. From the example in the software it appears that a .99 change to the table will make a 3/10th of a second change. Am I understanding this right? Am I being too picky? Here is the Description in the software.

"As Power Enrichment mode is transitioned in/out this is the commanded fuel step size, this value is updated approx 20 times per second.

Eg (using EQ Ratio):
If the target EQ Ratio is 1.2 and the step size is 0.01, it will take approx 1 second before the commanded fuel returns to stoichiometry (EQ Ratio = 1.0).

Eg (using AFR):
If the target AFR is 12.0 and the step size is 0.1, it will take approx 1.3 second before the commanded fuel returns to stoichiometry (AFR = 14.63)."

Jeff
(Moderator: If this is in the Wrong Sub Forum---Please Move) I see this as a boosted and non boosted Gen3 question.

BLK02WS6
June 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I would leave it at 1.00 - that is plenty fast for any application... As long as you don't have any delays, you won't have a problem...

Lextech
June 29th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Thank You,

Jeff