PDA

View Full Version : torque management or fueling issue or rev limiter issue???

C Murda
July 4th, 2013, 11:25 AM
when i go to brake stall my truck to either launch in boost or do a burn out or anything really (its an auto) my truck will surge at around 1800-2000RPM as if i was hitting a rev limiter. it makes it really hard to launch good or even do a simple burnout... i do have my RPM limiters all up under "engine protection" along with other things in that section disabled. is this an issue to be dealt with and tuned through my TCM? if so im really starting to not be a fan of EFI Live as all the little box tuners out there can fix this issue and some can even tune your TCM yet the all mighty EFI Live which is well known doesnt even give us the options of COMPLETE tuneability. whats the use of tuning a race engine with one software if you need something else to tune the transmission in order to actually USE the power??? sorry im just a little upset here as i was under the impression that EFI Live did everything we needed when i bought it...

DoghouseDiesel
July 4th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Slow down tonto, easy fix. The software works, but nobody can't control your skills with it.....15434

C Murda
July 4th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Slow down tonto, easy fix. The software works, but nobody can't control your skills with it.....15434

I already have all that disabled....wish it were that easy

cindy@efilive
July 4th, 2013, 09:09 PM
when i go to brake stall my truck to either launch in boost or do a burn out or anything really (its an auto) my truck will surge at around 1800-2000RPM as if i was hitting a rev limiter. it makes it really hard to launch good or even do a simple burnout... i do have my RPM limiters all up under "engine protection" along with other things in that section disabled. is this an issue to be dealt with and tuned through my TCM? if so im really starting to not be a fan of EFI Live as all the little box tuners out there can fix this issue and some can even tune your TCM yet the all mighty EFI Live which is well known doesnt even give us the options of COMPLETE tuneability. whats the use of tuning a race engine with one software if you need something else to tune the transmission in order to actually USE the power??? sorry im just a little upset here as i was under the impression that EFI Live did everything we needed when i bought it...

No option currently available has COMPLETE Tunability, unless your using a factory development tool. I'm not sure I've ever seen any aftermarket device (including our own) advertise that they do. Each product on the market caters to a range of customers. No one claims to be the 'be all and end all', but EFILive does cover a whole range of scenarios that the box tuners cannot.

EFILive doesn't offer TCM tuning. Our website has never listed we did.

You are entitled to your opinion, EFILive is not the right answer for everyone, and we don't claim it to be. EFILive isn't an EASY option. You need to learn how to use software. You need to understand how that software interfaces and interacts with your vehicle. You need to learn how to read results and interpret those into making tuning refinements. The skill of the tuner will determine the outcome. The software is the same tool for all customers, it's a matter of how it is used.

Cheers
Cindy

comnrailpwr
July 4th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Very well said Cindy..

DoghouseDiesel
July 5th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Soooo, are you gonna post a data log or tune file of said burnout failure? Then we can actually see where the problem is.

C Murda
July 5th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Soooo, are you gonna post a data log or tune file of said burnout failure? Then we can actually see where the problem is.

Ill post it when i get home from work.

@Cindy, i never said efi live advertised their product as an end all solution just from tye way people make it sound..which is a good thing for you guys though right? Im not putting any blame at all on the product i should have done more research beforehand but when i got in the game of tuning my truck i was time limited with the newest release of your software amd did NOT want to get stuck with a V2 that was updated and wouldnt allow me to delete my truck. Ill blame the EPA if anyone haha.

Anyways im hoping along with many other peope that you guys will offer TCM tuneability in the very near future! My only option is to get a H&S box tuner if i want to do my own tuning which ALSO can be used to tune the ECM... and to me seeing as i spent nearly a grand on efi would be a complete waste of money.

C Murda
July 5th, 2013, 09:42 AM

this is the file imm currently running

never did a log file as i didnt have any equipment with me in the truck... this just happens all the time!

DoghouseDiesel
July 5th, 2013, 10:19 PM
You need to go back in and look at your fuel limiters. You're not even giving yourself any power under 2000 RPM's.

comnrailpwr
July 5th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I would learn the software and how to tune before you start jumping to conclusions. Efilive is very complex and I learn stuff every day. With the short time it has been released it already trumps everything on the market. Be patient and learn the software/principals of engine operation and it'll work out.

C Murda
July 6th, 2013, 07:52 AM
You need to go back in and look at your fuel limiters. You're not even giving yourself any power under 2000 RPM's.

i was trying to make a fuel mileage tune and this was with someone else's help. i am trying to learn and wasnt sure if what i currently have is optimal for a mileage tune? i mean if you or anyone wants to help me out or even make me a decent power tune or give me tips i can paypal some $$? haha im more of a visual learner so simply telling me what to do is a bit difficult..my truck is pretty much stock cept for full 5" TBE, 100% emissions delete, intake horn, charge pip upgrade. FASS is on the way but not until after i close on my house.

DoghouseDiesel
July 6th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Are you friggin kidding me? You're over there boo boo lippin' the software because you can't do burnouts, and it's all F'd up, and it doesn't do what you want, blah, blah.....and you wanna go, oh, this is my mileage tune....

Wow! What a waste of friggin' time. I hope the next guy sees this thread the next time you have a temper tantrum. My door is closed kid, hopefully someone else will help ya next time.

Have a day.

C Murda
July 6th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Are you friggin kidding me? You're over there boo boo lippin' the software because you can't do burnouts, and it's all F'd up, and it doesn't do what you want, blah, blah.....and you wanna go, oh, this is my mileage tune....

Wow! What a waste of friggin' time. I hope the next guy sees this thread the next time you have a temper tantrum. My door is closed kid, hopefully someone else will help ya next time.

Have a day.

woa woa calm down there guy who's the one having a temper tantrum now over nothing at all? mileage tune, power tune, tow tune who cares what tune it is id like to be able to light up my tires regardless. if you'd reread what ive posted you'd see that i said i was learning and that i WASNT putting the blame on EFI live directly. i took responsibility for not doing my own research in time due to the current release of the updated V2 (no delete capability so i rushed to get one before i lost my chance) and i also stated that my impressions of EFI live were from word of mouth like how everyone likes to talk things up saying it was the best it can do everything you want. AGAIN MY FAULT FOR NOT DOING MY OWN RESEARCH BEFOREHAND. now that ive restated the things i said earlier im going to restate again that im new and yes im here asking for some help is that so wrong of me? for anyone to just throw a tantrum like you just did and tell me to basically F*ck off over something that was no big deal at all after i was simply asking for some help is kinda like a bi polar bitch.

DoghouseDiesel
July 7th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Like I said, have a day. It's guys like you that have made me not tune for the public any more.

You have no idea what you want, don't know how the software works, cry because your stock truck doesn't make 500 hp, and can't get 27 mpg towing 15k through the mountains.

It's also why I refuse to look at or help guys with their home brew tunes, because usually they're crap and it would take more time to un-"F" the tune than it would to start fresh.

Bipolar? Bipolar comes from dealing with 'tard after 'tard that "gots me a diesel pick 'em up truck".

My favorite saying when it comes to this stuff is a saying my grandfather told me a LONG time ago....a poor craftsman often blames his tools. It's not the hammers fault you hit your thumb.

Good luck with your tire smokin', boost launchin', mileage tune.

C Murda
July 7th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Like I said, have a day. It's guys like you that have made me not tune for the public any more.

You have no idea what you want, don't know how the software works, cry because your stock truck doesn't make 500 hp, and can't get 27 mpg towing 15k through the mountains.

It's also why I refuse to look at or help guys with their home brew tunes, because usually they're crap and it would take more time to un-"F" the tune than it would to start fresh.we

Bipolar? Bipolar comes from dealing with 'tard after 'tard that "gots me a diesel pick 'em up truck".

My favorite saying when it comes to this stuff is a saying my grandfather told me a LONG time ago....a poor craftsman often blames his tools. It's not the hammers fault you hit your thumb.

Good luck with your tire smokin', boost launchin', mileage tune.

Alright there big guy. Again take your panties out of your ass and calm the fuck down. You were giving me shit about my tune file i uploaded and i simply said what it was a mileage attempted tune IM NEW!!! We all started somewhere....ya i was a bi t frustrated but to throw a bitch fit back at me just shows you arent "the bigger man' either so stop trying to be. Its great you can tune ypuve clearly been at ot longer than i have and ya im sure you are irritated at SOME other peope that really are idiots but im here trying to learn i manned up and took responsibility for my actions as i was simply a little frustrated. Not pointing any blame at anything or anyone besides myself which is why im here trying to get help. You wanna be a tough guy dick about it all then by all means ggo ahead but maybe offering some honest advice as a professional and maybe youd be respected and a reputable guy. Maybe you can care less about this but again forums are here to help and socialize not to blow things up cause your a big shot and you think you are better than everyone else.

DoghouseDiesel
July 7th, 2013, 04:32 AM
Slow down tonto, easy fix. The software works, but nobody can't control your skills with it.....

And, I digress to my original post.....

jordylee18
July 7th, 2013, 07:32 AM
C Murda, grow up. Jeez. Rich knows what's up. You do not. Efilive is, bar none, the best tuning option out there for the cummins on the stock ecm.

C Murda
July 7th, 2013, 08:03 AM
And, I digress to my original post.....

although from the get go you were bashing on me.... you then looked to be somewhat helpful when you asked me to post a file and i did.... then you come around to say go back and look at all my fuel limiters... again helpful to point me in a direction and let me restate this for the millionth time IM NEW!!!! so when i replied saying it was SIMPLY a mileage tune that i got help with from another person i WAS NOT implying i knew at all 100% of what i was doing so if my fuel limiters are whats holding me back then hey i DID NOT KNOW THAT! you came in here from the start with your panties in a bunch because i was being a bitch myself not understanding the product and what was going on (how am i to know that my current tune wouldnt allow me to do a heat cycle?) IM LEARNING!!!!! without any thanks to you though... we all start learning some where and being a forum for EFILive youd think the more knowledgeable people here would be helpful as that is why forum exist! clearly your first post was already aimed at me being a bitch in my first post ok you could have ended it there and be a little helpful rather than continue to grow a vagina. if you are "well experienced" than why dont you try and be helpful on a forum. if everyone on here was like you then people who were new in the diesel tuning world would get nowhere and why even have a forum?

C Murda
July 7th, 2013, 08:10 AM
C Murda, grow up. Jeez. Rich knows what's up. You do not. Efilive is, bar none, the best tuning option out there for the cummins on the stock ecm.

quit nut swinging... why dont you read EVERYTHING in a thread before you post... quote me where i said i knew anything??? quote me where i said "rich" didnt know anything.... good luck! the only thing i may have said against him is to quit acting like a big shot... he may be on a high horse because of his experience and his truck being 1000+ but no need to act like a dick towards the new comers in here who are looking for help

if i had all the skills and know how to do anything with this software id definitely be out there helping others when ever i had the chance...a little help goes a long way i wouldnt just tell people they are idiots when clearly they are learning and have said they were new...

DoghouseDiesel
July 7th, 2013, 08:49 AM
If you want sugar coating, go to the damn ice cream shop. You wanna waste time runnin' your yap, go get a shrink. I'm neither, nor do I give a rat's azz about your respect.

The reason I'm baggin' on your dumb azz is YOU set the tone for the whole thread. YOU come with your little girl panties tied in a knot because you can't do burnouts and race Civic's and other typical diesel ricer BS. At first, I said screw it, don't bother with the kid, he just fits the mold for the typical dip chit, and as I suspected, you didn't disappoint. You come in here belly aching about everybody and everything and then, when I asked you for a datalog (which is what we use to fix problems) all you could come up with is "well it does it all the time" and a tune that looks like everybody elses version of My First Tune.

Let me break this down real simple for you..... THIS SOFTWARE IS SMARTER THAN YOU! It's a tool, it's only as good as the person using it. This isn't beginner tuning, this is for people that have a damn clue, have actually tuned and built motors, understand how parameters inter relate with each other. YOU are none of the above. YOU are the guy that simply needs to let others write you the tunes and send you an AutoCal to push a button and load a tune, like 99% of the rest of the market.

You wanna learn, you come in with an open mind and a legitimate question, not like a 2 year old that just had his teddy bear taken away. You wanna learn, you go to one of the classes that people offer to learn how NOT to screw your stuff up. You wanna learn, you read, you browse, you form intelligent questions and post data logs so folks can see what is going on. YOU didn't do that, you came in running your suck like a pissy pants like school girl.

So, get over your butt hurt and accept the fact that you had 1- no clue what you were doing, 2- wasted my F'n time trying to do shit with your "mileage" tune that is stuff you do with a race tune, and 3- decided to run your mouth so you wouldn't look like the rest of the diesel rice trash that I like to push off on the kids to tune.

Respect? I don't give a "F" about your respect. I let my work speak for itself and I'll let you respect me dragging your azz across the state sideways getting 17 MPG doing it. You want respect, don't act like a fuggin' little kid when you can't figure out something that's smarter than you.

Do us all a favor and stick to plug and play like the rest of the kids. Otherwise, I suggest you either smarten up before you bitch or grow a thicker skin, son.

Lemme guess, you're rockin' a Soot Life sticker in the back window too?

C Murda
July 7th, 2013, 10:24 AM
If you want sugar coating, go to the damn ice cream shop. You wanna waste time runnin' your yap, go get a shrink. I'm neither, nor do I give a rat's azz about your respect.

The reason I'm baggin' on your dumb azz is YOU set the tone for the whole thread. YOU come with your little girl panties tied in a knot because you can't do burnouts and race Civic's and other typical diesel ricer BS. At first, I said screw it, don't bother with the kid, he just fits the mold for the typical dip chit, and as I suspected, you didn't disappoint. You come in here belly aching about everybody and everything and then, when I asked you for a datalog (which is what we use to fix problems) all you could come up with is "well it does it all the time" and a tune that looks like everybody elses version of My First Tune.

Let me break this down real simple for you..... THIS SOFTWARE IS SMARTER THAN YOU! It's a tool, it's only as good as the person using it. This isn't beginner tuning, this is for people that have a damn clue, have actually tuned and built motors, understand how parameters inter relate with each other. YOU are none of the above. YOU are the guy that simply needs to let others write you the tunes and send you an AutoCal to push a button and load a tune, like 99% of the rest of the market.

You wanna learn, you come in with an open mind and a legitimate question, not like a 2 year old that just had his teddy bear taken away. You wanna learn, you go to one of the classes that people offer to learn how NOT to screw your stuff up. You wanna learn, you read, you browse, you form intelligent questions and post data logs so folks can see what is going on. YOU didn't do that, you came in running your suck like a pissy pants like school girl.

So, get over your butt hurt and accept the fact that you had 1- no clue what you were doing, 2- wasted my F'n time trying to do shit with your "mileage" tune that is stuff you do with a race tune, and 3- decided to run your mouth so you wouldn't look like the rest of the diesel rice trash that I like to push off on the kids to tune.

Respect? I don't give a "F" about your respect. I let my work speak for itself and I'll let you respect me dragging your azz across the state sideways getting 17 MPG doing it. You want respect, don't act like a fuggin' little kid when you can't figure out something that's smarter than you.

Do us all a favor and stick to plug and play like the rest of the kids. Otherwise, I suggest you either smarten up before you bitch or grow a thicker skin, son.

you're an idiot and clearly you must be on my "childish, kiddish, tanto etc..." level as you just keep ranting on like a giant vagina...you are worse than a woman at this point and arent gripping the actual concept.

let ME break it down for YOU.

THIS SOFTWARE IS SMARTER THAN YOU! It's a tool, it's only as good as the person using it. This isn't beginner tuning, this is for people that have a damn clue, have actually tuned and built motors, understand how parameters inter relate with each other. YOU are none of the above. YOU are the guy that simply needs to let others write you the tunes and send you an AutoCal to push a button and load a tune, like 99% of the rest of the market.
when did i say or act smarter? where on the fine print or anywhere does it say this is a tool not for beginners? this is a tool for tuning and in order to learn to use a tool you need to have the tool! how could i or anyone else ever learn with out actually using EFI Live?

sorry daddy i bitched like a little girl then quickly got over it why are you still mad at me? classes are in Texas im in MA work 6 days a week and am buying a house i dont have any time to go there for ONE class along with im sure "99% of the market". i DO read and SEARCH a lot but unlike my favorite forum (ls1tech) this forum is full of either people like you (stuck up full of themselves ass holes) or people that just dont add any input at all and are no help. also the search engine on this forum is lacking, that or there just arent any people out there asking questions... wait no there are TONS of questions with NO answers i dont know how many threads ive come across with a member asking a question and NOT ONE response!

haha i never said i "had a clue" i was "over my butt hurt" a LONG time ago when you showed interest in helping then you threw a menstrual cycle bitch fit and kept going with your eyes shut. im not wasting your time no one has a gun to your head you keep being a little bitch trying to be a big and bad big shot again all while not eating your "pride" and just throw out some useful information (although at this point i could care less about your information you'd prob set me up for failure anyways out of spite). who determines whether or not a mileage tune is "allowed" to do a burnout like youre implying is only meant for a "race tune"??? i think EVERYONE would like to at least be able to do a burnout regardless what "tune" they are running. a burnout isnt race tune specific or else i guess my gfs car must have a race tune from the factory as it can do a burnout oh wow! then to say you'll drag my azz across state getting 17mpg hahaha ok love the typical troll online tuff guy talk.

oh and ill take your advice ill surely smarten up before i bitch i guess or at least ill make sure not to upset any other members like yourself cause YOU have wasted MY time in trying to LEARN! as for "thicker skin" i think you should take your own advice there big guy!

have a day!

oh and at least i can admit where i was wrong, you on the other hand just keeps going on and on about how good you are and you are above everyone else this aint no beginners shit... although box tuners arent either they are idiot boxes as you just select a setting and go... i had one and i want to be in control and learn which is why i went to EFI Live...

cindy@efilive
July 7th, 2013, 10:31 AM
I quit reading 5 or 6 posts ago.....here is the deal.

C Murda, if you want tuning help, ask for it. Ask for help in a nice polite way "Hey I'm trying to do XYZ and I think I've done everything I need, but I'm still not getting the results I'm looking for, can anyone take a look at my tune/log/offer some pointers?"

Questions like that will get you a lot further than some rant. I know you've said it wasn't your intent and it was aimed at yourself, but the fact is, this is the internet, once you've delivered lines like this, it's not going to matter what else you say - people forget that and are still left with this.....

if so im really starting to not be a fan of EFI Live as all the little box tuners out there can fix this issue and some can even tune your TCM yet the all mighty EFI Live which is well known doesnt even give us the options of COMPLETE tuneability. whats the use of tuning a race engine with one software if you need something else to tune the transmission in order to actually USE the power??? sorry im just a little upset here as i was under the impression that EFI Live did everything we needed when i bought it...

If your trying to learn how to tune then you have a couple of options:
1. Look into Starlite Diesel's how to tune books.
2. Investigate tuning classes.
3. Purchase a tune from a reputable tuner. I'm not sure if any will leave their tunes unlocked so you can view/edit/change from their base, but it's a question worth asking.

Cheers
Cindy