PDA

View Full Version : Just spoke to Ford..injectors rated at 40 not 43.5!

Redline Motorsports
April 3rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
I just spoke to Ford Motorsports today regarding an injector part # issue. During the conversaion I asked the guy what flow rate the FMS injectors are rate at. He told me they where 40 psi not 43.5 psi. What doesn't make sense is if Bosch makes the injector, what is the Ford version rated at 40 and the GM rated at 43.5?

I know this topic has been skimmed before but I never have been convinced of the verdict!

Thanks

Howard

1998ws6
April 3rd, 2006, 06:39 AM
what injectors in particuliar are they talking about? 42's, 30's, 36's ?

Redline Motorsports
April 3rd, 2006, 06:55 AM
I believe they are all the FMS injectors. This should include the ones you noted.

John Skiba
April 3rd, 2006, 08:24 AM
39.15psi but you hear so many things and the math is a whole different thing.

John Skiba
April 3rd, 2006, 08:28 AM
Actually, can people who have had their injectors flow matched, can you post your flow #'s, test pressures, etc.

Redline Motorsports
April 3rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
good topic that needs a resolution!

1998ws6
April 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
On a stock 2003-4 lightning, (green top '42'# injectors.here are the injector values.

40.680 High Slope
39.699 Pressure Drop flow is rated at.

The 40 psi delta p is realistic, since it is used in the calibration, but not to get the '42#' number.

Ryan

Redline Motorsports
April 3rd, 2006, 02:25 PM
Can we assume the 40 is for all the FMS injectors? Anyone know about the Motron's??

jfpilla
April 5th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Can we assume the 40 is for all the FMS injectors? Anyone know about the Motron's??

I'm finding, so far, that 40 gets me + trims. 43.5 has been working best with the testing I've been doing. My trims are better and all the A/F tables fall into place. However, I still need to try some more configurations. My car is out of action for another week or two, though.
I should mention that my testing involves IOSet.

redhardsupra
April 5th, 2006, 09:29 AM
I'm finding, so far, that 40 gets me + trims. 43.5 has been working best with the testing I've been doing. My trims are better and all the A/F tables fall into place. However, I still need to try some more configurations. My car is out of action for another week or two, though.
I should mention that my testing involves IOSet.
same here, my svo 30s had PERFECT fuel trims comparing them to the trims obtained the same day on stock injectors. svo 42s were very close on fuel trims on few other cars i tuned as well. i'm sticking with 3bar rating.
another thing to check is the part numbers, i've seen 3 different numbers of green tops.

John Skiba
April 5th, 2006, 11:28 AM
same here, my svo 30s had PERFECT fuel trims comparing them to the trims obtained the same day on stock injectors. svo 42s were very close on fuel trims on few other cars i tuned as well. i'm sticking with 3bar rating.
another thing to check is the part numbers, i've seen 3 different numbers of green tops.

I agree with Joe & Red as I find my "Accel" injectors to be best at 43.51psi.

I know someone has a database of bench flowed injectors that we use commonly at different test pressures. I think you guys would find the data interesting at different pressures. I have some graphs for older type injectors.

jfpilla
April 5th, 2006, 11:39 AM
In the next month my SVO 30's will be available for flowing. I can't wait to get numbers.

Redline Motorsports
April 5th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Seems like the only real way to resolve this is to have each set flowed. Thosen guys at Ford where convinced thats where they are rated at. I believe the group here as its people like us that make these injectors work in the real world.

I guess if we stick with the 3 bar method and use auto ve tuning then whats the difference......

jfpilla
April 5th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Seems like the only real way to resolve this is to have each set flowed. Thosen guys at Ford where convinced thats where they are rated at. I believe the group here as its people like us that make these injectors work in the real world.

I guess if we stick with the 3 bar method and use auto ve tuning then whats the difference......

It could be my imagination, but it seems that when the tables are in sync the tune is stable and if the MAF and IFR values are correct A/F at WOT is what is programmed. My A/F B3618 is set at 13.4 and at the track the WB reads 13.5. I like being able to depend on getting what I program.

Thanks to John Skiba IOS is not taboo.

oztracktuning
April 5th, 2006, 05:45 PM
injector data on the dyno the other week - showed my svo30 injectors to be running at precisely the same duty cycles as shown in efilive. this i guess means my ifr table is accurate and its the one thats made rated at 40psi.

1998ws6
April 6th, 2006, 12:12 PM
injector data on the dyno the other week - showed my svo30 injectors to be running at precisely the same duty cycles as shown in efilive. this i guess means my ifr table is accurate and its the one thats made rated at 40psi.

How is the data logged on the dyno?

If it connects to a injector wire, then I would expect that the injector duty cycle as measured by a outside source, or the pcm itself.

Ryan