PDA

View Full Version : Flash Scan 2 not flashing PCM

Chevy 97
July 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM
http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj539/Chevy971/20130704_143650_zpsa0b851f5.jpg (http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/Chevy971/media/20130704_143650_zpsa0b851f5.jpg.html)

Hopefully this picture helps. When I am ready to Flash my PCM I uncheck the high speed box, not do the status check, which in the picture shows that I did and I had the high speed box check, still the same issue at the end, Once I press start and you get the two warnings that you have to read and check the box to continue, after I press continue on the second box, all I get is What shows on the picture. I have never used this before, not sure what is supposed to happen after you press continue, I know this isn't suppose to happen, also it looks like it is trying to disconnect. I have left the laptop think for over 10 minutes today without no change. I know I will have to do some more reading but I am getting a little frustrated.

Chevy 97
July 6th, 2013, 03:20 PM
If I am reading this right will the V8 build 229 I should be able to flash my LS1B PCM. The V7.5 build 235 hangs up when you got to start, until you unplug the cable then plug it back in. You try to Flash your PCM it hangs up right after you press continue after the second warning. You have to unplug the USB cable in order to get out. I did update the V2 scan/tool with the latest versions of the bootlock and firmware. I can see I am not the only one having this issue. My tune is in the V7.5 version though.

I have windows xp. Acer Aspire laptop.

I went to the help menu on the V7.5. I went and checked the V7.5 Scan went to edit then properties and checked to see if the right USB cable was chosen, and it was. I then went to the V7.5 tune portion, went to edit, then properties, couldn't find anything there to choose the correct cable. I have no issues with the Scan on the 7.5 but I do have issues with the V7.5 tune, the V8 works fine.
Thanks

joecar
July 7th, 2013, 01:36 PM
What vehicle...?

What V7 build version...?

joecar
July 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM
BTW: you can get a screenshot by doing SHIFT-PRTSCR and pasting into file.

Blacky
July 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM
You really should use version 8 to read/flash controllers, but if you want to continue to use V7 then it may be worth investigating whether or not the problem is a permissions restriction.

More info here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18861-Public-release-March-29-2012&p=168783#post168783

Regards
Paul

Chevy 97
July 7th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I was able to transfer my file over to the V8 scan tune. Went to full flash my pcm just about done and I get a code for Check sum failure.

Chevy 97
July 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
V7 build 235 v8 is build 229 And the update to the V2 is 2.07.45. I did transfer my tune over to the V8 but not really sure why I am getting a Checksum failure when I am just about flashed. The PCM is an LS1B 99-2008. I swapped the pcm into my 97 k1500

Blacky
July 7th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I was able to transfer my file over to the V8 scan tune. Went to full flash my pcm just about done and I get a code for Check sum failure.

Can you locate the *.htx trace file from the failed flash and send it to me at paul@efilive.com
The trace file should be in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace

Regars
Paul

Chevy 97
July 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Can you locate the *.htx trace file from the failed flash and send it to me at paul@efilive.com
The trace file should be in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace

Regars
Paul

I went out to where my laptop was, I started to read what the codes were. I tried flashing one more time but it was with the tune I actually saved in the V8 program from the tune I transferred over. It actually worked, and I was able to start the truck. Now that I know I can flash from the V8 I don't need the v7.5 unless I am fine tuning my tune. Just wondering how long it will be before we can do this on V8.

Blacky
July 7th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Just wondering how long it will be before we can do this on V8.

That's the million dollar question... I don't have an answer.
We're working on it as fast as we can. The sooner we can retire the V7 software and move over to V8 exclusively, the better.

Regards
Paul