PDA

View Full Version : Need tables for limp modes

bobo
April 3rd, 2006, 06:42 AM
It seems that no matter what you do to eliminate the codes 0299 and 0088 it will still send the ECM into a limp mode. All the limp mode tables and c1804-1806 do not help. Any way to get these tables built into the LLY stuff? I want to control the limp mode so it don't go there, but still sets a code. This will help me isolate what is causing the codes. I know how to get the codes, now I need to see what the ECM is seeing that sets the code.

Max Power
April 3rd, 2006, 01:09 PM
Well I am no expert on how codes and limp modes are handled but would assume that the codes are set parallel to the limp tables. In other words even though you shut off the codes the routine still carries through with the limp. Does that make sense? I could be wrong. If i am right we need to find those tables.

bobo
April 3rd, 2006, 01:25 PM
You are right. The codes shut off, but the limp mode still occurs. Now we need to find all the limp mode tables so we can control them. It is a PITA while logging to stop logging so you can clear DTC's to shut off a limp mode code.

bobo
April 5th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I think Ross pointed me in the correct direction fro a 0299 fix. Now for the 0088 limp fix.....

Here is the deal....my valve used to blow open at 26000 psi...now it don't. I logged the rail psi spike on the 4-5 shift(80mph). At about 100mph the rail psi had climbed up close to the desired and then the code came...intant limp and my truck fell on it's face. I have the light coming on, so I know when it happens.

Here is my thinking...the rail psi spike triggers a "watch mode" for the rail psi. Once the ECM sees the psi climbing again, it throws the code. The workaround could be to find the proper limp table. The best fix would be to have a table to set the upper rail psi limits. Right now they must be set somewhere around 180MPa or at about 26100psi. If the ECM sees these limits, it sets a code.

IdahoRob set a P0238 boost sensor A circut high code. That is what limped his truck in the 1/4. He is running stock boost tables with twins. We have the 0299, 0238, and 0088 codes setting limp mode. Turning off codes via DTC processing enablers and DTC MIL enablers is pointless. You might as well see the code you are setting if it is going to change how your truck runs. The ECM can sense the code, it just don't report it to you. We need tables for ECM limits on each individual code so it don't set the code at all, not even to the ECM....Ross..Paul...are you busy right now? I need a big favor. Rob wants to race this weekend. Any chance he will be able to do it without codes? Anyone know why a 0238 would set. I have set one on OnetallGMC's truck once with modified tables. I don't remember if it limped. Also, when eliminating the EGR on a BD turbo or twins equipped truck, the P1404 code needs to be eliminated. Who knows what it does to the ECM program whan it is set? I don't think it hurts anything, but it is there and needs to be eliminated.

GMPX
April 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Bob,

P0088 should be taken care of now.
Is IdahoRob running a non VVT? (Excuse my ignorance). EDIT << I should read posts more thoroughly!!
I assume he is as that DTC is basically the same as unplugging the sensor.

P0299 should be kept in it's box by changing C0802 & C0803.

Cheers,
Ross

bobo
April 5th, 2006, 02:18 PM
His sensor is hooked up as far as I know. He is using the stock turbo set at the stock settings. I have no idea why this code is coming up.

DURAtotheMAX
April 5th, 2006, 02:48 PM
hmmmm interesting. Im setting an 0238 code at the track as well...truck falls on its face in the last 50 feet.

GMPX
April 5th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Guys, check the Beta section, you have updated cal files to play with :D

Cheers,
Ross

bobo
April 5th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Ross, thanks for working on this so hard. We'll test it out and see how it works! I'll report back. Thanks again. You freakin' ROCK!!

GMPX
April 5th, 2006, 11:52 PM
No problem, I'm just a day behind in everything else now ;)

Good Luck,
Ross

05lly2500hd
April 8th, 2006, 07:50 AM
hmmmm interesting. Im setting an 0238 code at the track as well...truck falls on its face in the last 50 feet.
same here, just not at the track.

02gmcwaldoch
April 8th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Guys, check the Beta section, you have updated cal files to play with

This may be a stupid question but, where's the beta section?

JESSE

GMPX
April 8th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Only for our beta testers, sorry.

Cheers,
Ross

bobo
April 9th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Ross' fix worked...no more codes. The bad news is....it only works on this cal right now!

02gmcwaldoch
April 10th, 2006, 09:48 AM
I have maxed out the B0732 table and I can't seem to get my truck to go into limp mode anymore. It throws the code but doesn't kill anything. Hope this helps!

JESSE

tunedportcj5
October 3rd, 2006, 07:23 AM
Any updates on this?

GMPX
October 12th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Yes, a while back we added in some tables to stop limp mode.

Cheers,
Ross

tunedportcj5
October 13th, 2006, 12:30 AM
I'm not able to find them, what tables are they?
thanks

GMPX
October 17th, 2006, 11:57 PM
What code were you getting? P1093? Parameter C1806 will allow you to stop limp mode.

Cheers,
Ross