PDA

View Full Version : New member - T43 Camaro or Corvette?

JBCobra
July 7th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Hi,

New member here. I am building a Cobra replica in the Uk.

I have a 2012 L99/6L80E Engine and Transmission from a Camaro. Unfortunately I don't have the ECM - but research has narrowed down that an E38 is the correct controller.

So the big question. Originally I was going to get the E38 flashed as 2012 L99 Camaro keeping VVT, AFM but removing VATS, EVAP etc... with a dummy VIN and this should be ok to communicate with the existing T43 but a bit more reading has suggested that if I want to get TAP Up / Down working with a steering wheel paddle shifter then I should start over and have the E38 AND T43 flashed as Corvette calibration?

Now being new to this I'm guessing this is something I can't do myself with EFILive? Or can I? (I work in Computer Software industry and am not afraid of computers :-)

If any of you experts were doing this, what approach would you take to ensuring a hassle and bug free setup? At the moment I have almost a blank sheet of paper in that the 2012 T43 is the only part set in stone as I will be acquiring ECM when I know what it is I need to do.

I read that putting a pre-2011 calibration on a T43 will make it stay in limp mode as it's not backwards compatible?

Also, how does the code get sent to the T43 when the OBD2 connection goes to the ECM - i.e. when tuning or flashing does the ECM recognise that it needs to pass code through to the T43?

Thanks for reading and hopefully I put this in the right place.
Thanks
JB