PDA

View Full Version : Changing decimal place for logged pids

Gelf VXR
July 12th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Forum admin

Can i increase decimal place for GM.APCYL_E40_DMA for logged and export data? In the SAE. generic file, I cant find units for g cyl?

joecar
July 12th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Hi Gelf VXR,

do you mean for displaying on the scantool charts...

on the chart go rightclick->chart properties, click the Series tab (the second tab over), click the series number (1,2,3,4) and in the Format box change the number after the "%."

joecar
July 12th, 2013, 03:56 AM
i.e. the fractional precision is a function of displaying on the chart/gauge and is not related to the data itself (the log captures the data to its naturally widest available precision).

Gelf VXR
July 12th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Hi Joe

When i export data, g cyl is only to two decimal places, i wanted to see 3 or 4?

Same as shown in the data TAB

joecar
July 12th, 2013, 07:00 AM
oh, exported data... IDK...

Gelf VXR
July 12th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I asked this same question back in 2009

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9940-Export-data-and-decimal-precision&highlight=

I still can't locate the units for g cyl? gps is there

Gelf VXR
July 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM
I'm guessing as this is a GM DMA pid that it can not be changed in the SAE.generic file?

Is this an Efilive programer only change?

Blacky
July 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
No, you can't change the precision of DMA PIDs (or any PIDs that are not defined in sae_generic.txt) in the V7 software.

You could try creating a calculated PID that just returns the value of the APCYL PID and specify the precision in the calc_pids.txt file where you define the new units for your new calc PID.

Regards
Paul

Gelf VXR
July 12th, 2013, 12:12 PM
No, you can't change the precision of DMA PIDs (or any PIDs that are not defined in sae_generic.txt) in the V7 software.

You could try creating a calculated PID that just returns the value of the APCYL PID and specify the precision in the calc_pids.txt file where you define the new units for your new calc PID.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 12th, 2013, 12:34 PM
You could also do it in V8 by defining new units like this:

Using the MAF PID as an example which is defined by default as g/s with zero decimal places,. Lets say I wanted to display/export it as g/s with 2 decimal places.

I'd set up a new unit called g/s_alt and a conversion from g/s to g/s_alt with a precision of 2. Note: you can choose any name for the new units.

It is important to use the specify the group "Flow". That will cause this unit to be available as a display option for all PIDs defined using the g/s units (i.e. MAF) when you are selecting PIDs to display in the charts.

Note: the precision is set to 2.

Right click on the purple area to select the MAF PID and the g/s_alt units.

To export data from V8, just highlight the portion of the chart you want to export, right click and select "Copy", then paste into Excel.

Regards
Paul

Gelf VXR
July 12th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Cheers