PDA

View Full Version : Reading Codes on V2 -Descriptions NOT FOUND

jurish
July 12th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Team,
When I read DTC's with my V2, it pulls them up fine but when I try to select the code to see what it means, its tells me description not found or something like that..

Is there a text file that has to be uploaded to the V2 or is this just broken firmware?

joecar
July 12th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Got V8 S&T, goto BBx, goto DTC, checkmark the GM or Chrysler DTC check boxes, click Save, click Program, exit.

jurish
July 13th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Got V8 S&T, goto BBx, goto DTC, checkmark the GM or Chrysler DTC check boxes, click Save, click Program, exit.

That fixed it!!! Thanks!!

EagleMark
July 13th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Got V8 S&T, goto BBx, goto DTC, checkmark the GM or Chrysler DTC check boxes, click Save, click Program, exit.Is that why I have descriptions for SAE and others and not GM?

joecar
July 13th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Is that why I have descriptions for SAE and others and not GM?You mean you have descriptions for the SAE defined DTCs and not the GM Enhanced DTCs...?

What are some of your DTC's that don't have a description...?

If you look at the BBx DTC tab you will see checkboxes for modules (PCM, BCM, ABS, ...), not for SAE vs GM.

EagleMark
July 14th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Yes, it seems I never get GM enhanced descriptions? I'll have a look today at what is missing but I've become used to not even looking for GM stuff?