PDA

View Full Version : Can I read ABS Codes?

JPaupst
July 13th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Looking to figure out how I can use my Autocal to scan ABS Codes. Is it possible or only engine and tranny codes?

joecar
July 13th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Yes you can read ABS and BCM codes.

JPaupst
July 14th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Yes you can read ABS and BCM codes.

How do I set it up to read abs codes then. I tried last week but didnt find any codes even though the light was on anda shop then scanned it for me. I tried looking through the PID list but found nothing so how can I do it?

bronson1376
July 14th, 2013, 12:13 PM
On my flash scan v2 i just plug it in to the obd2 port and not the computer turn the key to the on position(YOUR AUTOCAL SHOULD BE THE SAME IM ASSUMING):thumb_yello:. Then go into diagnostics on the device, then go to trouble codes, display DTCs, and then go down to MFG ALL DTCs. That should give you any code the truck is throwing. Let me know if this works

JPaupst
July 14th, 2013, 01:38 PM
On my flash scan v2 i just plug it in to the obd2 port and not the computer turn the key to the on position(YOUR AUTOCAL SHOULD BE THE SAME IM ASSUMING):thumb_yello:. Then go into diagnostics on the device, then go to trouble codes, display DTCs, and then go down to MFG ALL DTCs. That should give you any code the truck is throwing. Let me know if this works

When I hook up the Autocal to the OBD2 port I can either full flash or program any of the tunes or log data and check live PID's but when I go to check DTC's it scans but last week when my ABS light was on due to a bent hub on the LH Front(apparently) it wouldn't read the ABS code. It just said no codes stored or whatever. I didn't see any option on my Autocal for MFG ALL DTC's. Do you scroll down before checking for DTC's then or where is that option does it have to be set up first somhow?

joecar
July 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
ABS code would be MFG code... you should be able to scroll down.

JPaupst
July 15th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I tried again. Could not see anything that said MFG Codes or anything like that. Then I checked my email and got this reply from EFI...

"The Scan Tool functionality built into AutoCal will currently only read trouble codes from the following CAN modules:

ECM Engine Control Module
TCM Transmission Control Module
FSCM Fuel System Control Module
TCCM Transfer Case Control Module
GPCM Glow Plug Control Module

We intend to add the ability to read trouble codes from other CAN modules (including the ABS module) in a future update.

Regards
Paul"

So I assume the Autocal wont read ABS codes then. Is it just guys with the V2 saying you can or has anyone read them with their Autocal?

joecar
July 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I thought AC could read the codes same as V2.

wesam
July 15th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I tried V2 to read ABS codes without luck
I think even V2 can't read ABS codes

GMPX
July 16th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Getting the DTC's from the modules isn't the major hurdle, it's the 1,000 or so DTC descriptions that needs to accompany all the codes for all the modules, ABS, BCM etc. We have traditionally taken the stance that we will support diagnostics on modules we can tune.

bronson1376
July 17th, 2013, 03:56 PM
I have a v2 and it does read ABS codes

Highlander
July 20th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Getting the DTC's from the modules isn't the major hurdle, it's the 1,000 or so DTC descriptions that needs to accompany all the codes for all the modules, ABS, BCM etc. We have traditionally taken the stance that we will support diagnostics on modules we can tune.

The forget the description... Actually reading the codes is so important.... and the 97-04 gives you the code number and no description and it REALLY helps a lot... That is what alldata is for... :)

The descriptions could be added as a "cax" or submitted to you guys as part of a user database......

mistress
August 25th, 2013, 05:05 AM
I have had luck get abs code when making a live data logging when driving 08 lmm kodiak. After stop logging u go in and see trouble code. I had my computer plug in when doing the logging.