PDA

View Full Version : Lean on tip in

1bar
April 3rd, 2006, 03:09 PM
I am not sure if I am using the right lingo, but I have this lean problem as soon as I hit the gas to let the clutch out. It goes to 19.1 to one and stumles for a split second.

Also it is 19.1 at cold start up until it hits about 110 degrees coolant temp and then it smooths out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Glenn

dfe1
April 4th, 2006, 01:48 AM
What engine modifications have you done? If it's going that lean, chances are you either don't have enough asynch pulse width (the EFI equivalent of accelerator pump) or the VE table in the area of your throttle transitions is extremely lean. The 19.1 AFR at cold start is probably the result of the air pump running.

1bar
April 4th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I have been on here before but and I forgot to give details.

The car is a stock motor with a turbo and 60 lbs injectors. The VE table is really lean so maybe that is the reason. I have the injectors scaled right and the VE in the idle area is lean. The car no longer has the air pump on it.

I am thinking about trying to hook up the boost reference part of the regulator, but I don't know how to scale the VE's

Thanks for the help,
Glenn

1bar
April 8th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Any other thoughts gentleman?