PDA

View Full Version : Big Problems Installing DSP5

dannym22
July 15th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Hi guys, I hope this is ther right place for this. I have a 2008 LMM and I got my autocal in the mail on Saturday. I started installing the DSP5 switch and when I went to remove the top (larger) plug from the ECM, the slides must have been broken previously and basically fell out in a thousand pieces when I pulled the plug out. Now I have no way to hold the plug in. I spose I also need to add that I forgot to disconnect the batteries when I removed the plugs (I'm an idiot sometimes). I put the plug back in and also put the lower plug back in (which held the top one in pretty well) then I used a couple of zip ties to hold the top plug in place and when I tried starting the truck, the dash reads "Engine Power is Reduced" and my EDGE CTS gives me the following codes: P2127, P0047, P2565, P0118, P2610, and P0090.

As I watch the bottom plug when pulling down on the handle to lock the slides into place, the plug gets pulled into the ECM, so I feel like some of the pins are just not making contact in the top plug because the slides are gone. I found this thread this morning: http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/efi-live/136723-truck-wont-start-after-efi-ecm-install.html and it seems like his threw a bunch of codes and acted similarly when he didn't have the bottom plug fully pulled into place.

I am hoping there is a way I can get a new slide mechanism for my plug and I am also worried my ECM is bad because I forgot to disconnect the battery when I pulled the plugs out. I found the entire plug here: http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/ConnectorDetails.aspx?ItemId=1115 but I would like to know if I can take the slides out of this one and put them in my plug to avoid pulling all of the wires and replacing in the new plug.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, I can't have my daily driver out of commission!! Thanks!

GMPX
July 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM
EFI Connection is probably your only option, you might have to buy an entire plug assembly but it will include your broken bits.