PDA

View Full Version : CSP5 and EDA Release for 06-07 Cummins

cindy@efilive
July 17th, 2013, 04:04 PM
EFILive is pleased to announce the public beta release of CSP5 and our Enhanced Data Acquisition (EDA) enhancement for 06-07 5.9L Cummins Customers.

CSP5, EFILive's custom operating system for the Cummins CM849 ECM allows customers to switch 'on the fly' between 6 different tunes, all stored in the ECM's flash memory. Five tunes are accessible through CAN bus switching, and a sixth tune can be switched using an input on one of the ECM's connectors.

By having multiple tunes instantly accessible, customers no longer need to re-flash their ECM to change their tunes to suit changing conditions (eg. racing, towing or power limiting). Simply build up your tunes, flash the ECM once and then select your desired tune through your EFILive hardware (or other approved switching devices) at any time.

http://download.efilive.com/Email/CSP5_Tables_750W.png

Enhanced Data Acquisition (EDA), revolutionizes the way customers scan and log data. Exclusive to EFILive, EDA aims to simplify the task of logging by creating a single group of 45 parameters hand selected by tuners as essential tuning feedback items. Some EDA parameters are not even available on the Dealership scan-tool.

With logging speeds of up to 50 frames per second and each frame containing 45 data parameters, this enhancement is the envy of every other Cummins data logging system in existence, including earlier versions of our own software. EDA's speed and data selection is simply unparalleled, with most other scan-tools lucky to get just 15 (not so useful) SAE PID's at 12 frames per second.

http://download.efilive.com/Email/CSP5_Log_V8_750W.png

A range of security measures have also been added; tunes are automatically locked from being read to stop unauthorised copying, and password protection is available for tune selections. Blackbox logging (BBL) for Cummins completes the updated features for this release.

To access these features, customers must be running July 18, 2013 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22927-EFILive-July-18th-Beta-Release-(CSP5)) (or later) V8 and V7.5 software, and update their FlashScan V2/AutoCal firmware.
CSP5 upgrade documentation can be found in the July 18, 2013 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22927-EFILive-July-18th-Beta-Release-(CSP5)) (or later) installation by navigating to Program Files>EFILive>V8>Documentation and look for the document 'Cummins 5p9L CSP5 User Guide.pdf'.

EDA scanning is only available on CSP5 upgraded ECM's using FlashScan V2 or AutoCal hardware.

In addition to switching via FlashScan V2 or AutoCal, integration of EFILive's proprietary CSP5 custom operating system with 3rd party products is restricted to approved providers. EFILive recommends that customers confirm that their chosen integration product is approved for use. A list of integrated partner products can be found here (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22926-CSP-Switching-solutions)

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
July 17th, 2013, 04:59 PM
CSP5 and EDA FAQ:

As with any new product comes a common list of questions that will be asked, we have started this FAQ in the hope you may be able to find the answer you are looking for right away.
If any questions are posted that should be included in this FAQ they will be removed and added in.

Q - What is CSP5?
A - CSP5 is a modification EFILive has made to the ECM's factory OS (Operating System) that allows the selection of six user definable tunes on the fly.

Q - What is EDA?
A - EDA (Enhanced Data Acquisition) is yet another OS enhancement EFILive has applied to the ECM code that gives users lightning fast super detailed data logging capabilities.

Q - What Dodge Cummins powered vehicles are supported?
A - At the time of writing the 2006 to 2007 5.9L with the CM849 ECM. Future upgrades will include the 2008 - 2009 6.7L CM2100 ECM.

Q - Why 'only' six tunes, I'd like 10.
A - The ECM has limited free space, 6 was the best compromise between a good selection of switchable tables and available free memory in the ECM.

Q - So how to I upgrade to this?
A - Install the software versions (or later) listed in THIS (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22927-EFILive-July-18th-Beta-Release-%28CSP5%29) post. And please follow the user guide included in that installation.

Q - Why is it called CSP5 when there is six tunes?
A - Does it matter? no really, because only 5 are selectable via the CAN bus and it keeps in line with our Duramax DSP5 systems.

Q - Speaking of Duramax, CSP5 has some features DSP5 doesn't, can you make them the same.
A - Sorry, we can't, different ECM's have different capabilities, the LBZ and LMM are probably the least friendly ECM's to put code modifications in to.

Q - I bought a switch from 'x' company but it doesn't seem to work, can you help?
A - Any device that is intended for use on CSP5 must be approved by EFILive before we tell them how it's done. If the switch doesn't work then chances are it's not approved and we cannot help you out. See more HERE (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22926-CSP-Switching-solutions).

Q - I don't run EFILive tuning but love the EDA data logging, however my ECM isn't working with it.
A - Correct it won't, EDA is only available on CSP5 ungraded ECM's.

Q - I have a switchable tune from another tuning company, can I put yours over theirs?
A - If you mean combine them then no, best to get a factory flash back to stock or you risk bricking the ECM.

Q - I can't read my CSP5 tune from the ECM.
A - CSP5 tunes are automatically locked from reading, there is no bypass to this option.

Q - How do I remove CSP5 tuning if it's locked.
A - The locking only applies to the read function, any programming tool can still flash over the ECM.

cumminsDK
July 18th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Awesomeness!!!

TheHardWay
July 18th, 2013, 01:09 AM
Forgive my ignorance, as I am relatively new EFI.
Where does the CSP5 switch plug into? Does it have an OBDII plug and remain plugged in there to allow switching between tunes?
I ask because I am running EFI, buthave an Edge Juice that I use for gauges. The Edge must be plugged in in order to read a couple of the parameters. I have a feeling that I will only be able to use one or the other, and not both.

WyoFreeride
July 18th, 2013, 01:11 AM
BBL with EDA is awesome. Soooo much better than hauling a laptop around everywhere. While developing a tune, you can make 5 different changes (one to each tune) and see how they react without having to flash 5 times. I have flashed the test truck at least 30 times in the last few days testing different configurations, and everything works great.

bcbracing
July 18th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Loving this new feature, great work guys. I have one question though. I cant seem to find the timing calculator anywhere, is this feature not included in the new update?

comnrailpwr
July 18th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Timing calculator was missed for this release. It will be implemented in a future release.

bcbracing
July 18th, 2013, 02:50 AM
thanks

Motorzane
July 18th, 2013, 04:08 AM
I see the PTO option. Awesome

WyoFreeride
July 18th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Loving this new feature, great work guys. I have one question though. I cant seem to find the timing calculator anywhere, is this feature not included in the new update?

Until its added back, you can copy the required tables to another file, run the calc, them copy timing back. A little cumbersome, but better than no calc at all

KhakiCummins
July 18th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Is BBL added for all supported Cummins or is it just for the 06-07 Cummins at this time?

2007 5.9
July 18th, 2013, 06:07 AM
BBL is ONLY avail when running csp.

WyoFreeride
July 18th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Where does the CSP5 switch plug into? Does it have an OBDII plug and remain plugged in there to allow switching between tunes?
I ask because I am running EFI, buthave an Edge Juice that I use for gauges. The Edge must be plugged in in order to read a couple of the parameters. I have a feeling that I will only be able to use one or the other, and not both.

If you have an Insight monitor and when Edge releases the update to allow CSP5 tune switching, you will be able to use that. If you have an Edge tuner (the Original Juice with Attitude, Evolution, Etc) then you will not be able to switch tunes with that hardware.

The SoCal Diesel CSP5 switch connects to the OBDII port, you can also use the other switching solutions noted above, or use your V2 or Autocal.

Once you switch tunes, you could disconnect whatever device you used to switch with, and the tune selected will remain selected.

(As far as I know on all this, I'm sure someone will correct me if I was incorrect anywhere)

2007 5.9
July 18th, 2013, 07:52 AM
No edge implementation anytime soon...looks like my insight may be a paperweight!!!

catman3126
July 18th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Subd

cindy@efilive
July 18th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Timing calculator will be added back for our next release.

Cheers
Cindy

WyoFreeride
July 18th, 2013, 08:17 AM
No edge implementation anytime soon...looks like my insight may be a paperweight!!!

No good, I was thinking about one for a couple people interested, The DashDaq might be the ticket instead, assuming it gets the CSP option sooner than later.

2007 5.9
July 18th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Called Drew Tech this morning and the cust svc guy had no clue what I was talking about.

GMPX
July 18th, 2013, 08:46 AM
To be fair to Drew Tech, we've only been dealing with the guys in the Tech department, what they are working on may not have flowed through to the customer service people.
Timing calc will be in the next update (to cover all CSP tables).
There is no need to leave a switching device in the truck (such as a V2), the tune is never forgotten once selected, even if you disconnect the battery! The only time the tune changes from what you last selected is if you reflash the truck, unfortunately that is just what the ECM does after it reinitialises itself after a reflash.

Motorzane
July 18th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I get a "Error: $0194: Write failure." When I try to program the Black V2. It goes through fine on the Blue V2

GMPX
July 18th, 2013, 09:37 AM
From the EFILive Error Codes Document

Error $0194.....

Usually this means that the target file system is full.
If you are programming BBX configuration data, try reformatting the Config file system using the drop down option on the [Program] button. Then [Program] the BBX configuration data again.
If you are reading or data logging, check that the SD Card (or FlashScan’s/AutoCal’s internal memory) has enough free space.

Motorzane
July 18th, 2013, 10:59 AM
From the EFILive Error Codes Document

Error $0194.....

Usually this means that the target file system is full.
If you are programming BBX configuration data, try reformatting the Config file system using the drop down option on the [Program] button. Then [Program] the BBX configuration data again.
If you are reading or data logging, check that the SD Card (or FlashScan’s/AutoCal’s internal memory) has enough free space.

That fixed it! Thank you very much

GMPX
July 18th, 2013, 11:19 AM
FYI, you can access that reference document from the Windows start menu >> EFILive >> V8 >> Documents >> "EFILive Error Codes", or from within the V8 Scan and Tune Help menu.

jordylee18
July 21st, 2013, 05:10 AM
I'm having problems upgrading a 2601 OP to CSP. I upgraded one of my 2601 tunes to CSP and then tried to upgrade another 2601 and it says op not supported. It's saved in ctz format. Any ideas?

Motorzane
July 21st, 2013, 05:21 AM
I'm having problems upgrading a 2601 OP to CSP. I upgraded one of my 2601 tunes to CSP and then tried to upgrade another 2601 and it says op not supported. It's saved in ctz format. Any ideas?

Was the V2 plugged in when you tried to do the update

jordylee18
July 21st, 2013, 05:41 AM
]
Was the V2 plugged in when you tried to do the update

I tried both ways.

Heres the tune I want to convert. I got it to work once, cant now.

[ATTACH]15571[/ATTACH

GMPX
July 21st, 2013, 09:22 AM
The option shows up fine for me with the file above. Only the USB side of the V2 needs to be plugged in before you start V7.5 Tune Tool, doing that should allow the option to show up.

easymon
July 21st, 2013, 01:05 PM
Yes i was scratching head for same thing went back and read v2 plugged in before opening v7.5 tune tool maybe try rebooting computer .

_PSI_
July 25th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Will we be able to trigger relays and/or switch tunes based off an ECM value? For example, WOT triggers a relay? I heard something about using the grid heater circuit?

comnrailpwr
July 25th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Yes you can enable the 12v grid heater control circuit based off multiple preset values such as rpm, speed and fuel pressure.... grid heater must be disabled to do this tho.

_PSI_
July 26th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Yes you can enable the 12v grid heater control circuit based off multiple preset values such as rpm, speed and fuel pressure.... grid heater must be disabled to do this tho.

I've searched high and low, still can't seem to find anything like this. Any pointers?

comnrailpwr
July 26th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Sure, open up your csp tune in tune tool. Click EFILive Custom Calibrations>CSP5 Output>Parameters
Table F1185 must be disabled to use this feature.

cindy@efilive
July 26th, 2013, 08:44 AM
It's documented in the user guide.

Search for CSP Output Driver.

Cheers
Cindy

zuki_dan
July 29th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I am having a problem with the Black Box logging with the EDA software. It is logging and recording data that is not correct. I am attaching a log from black box logging. I have reformatted both the V2's internal and SD card and also the configuration files. I have followed the CSP5 user setup manual twice now. I also removed and reinstalled the EFI live V7 & V8 software.

I have tried 2 different CSP5 tunes one via Black Box upload and the other via pass thru with V8 software. The logging will display and record correctly via the V7 scan software using pass thru logging.

The OS:55450202 Cals:45325853AH, 45325733AH

Has any body had this problem? Do you know how I can fix it? I was really looking forward to not have to lug the laptop in the truck.

Thanks in advance,
Dan

2007 5.9
July 29th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Please watch the videos http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22963-CSP-5-Video-walkthrough

zuki_dan
July 29th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Les, Thanks for the quick reply.

I went and watched the videos again. I am attaching a screen shot of what the V8 software BBx programming page looks like every time I open it. When you opened yours in the video it was empty under scan and tune tab. I have to delete the controllers because there is not enough memory on the V2 to program all controllers that automatically pop up.

screen capture (http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y463/zuki_dan/V8Programmingscrrencapture_zpsa6bd2223.png)

I have gone in and deleted the all the controllers except cmb849 in the scan and tune tab. I have moved the EDA file over and changed tune names and proceeded to full program.

I previously also changed the setting under "F6:Devices, F6:Logging" to automatically reload last selected PID per the user manual. I will try without that this time to see if it makes a difference. I also went into EFI Live Explorer and re-programmed the boot block and firmware once more.

Thanks,
Dan

zuki_dan
July 29th, 2013, 11:57 AM
I have gotten it working now. Thanks Les. I don't know exactly what was causing it, but I may try to turn the auto pid back on tomorrow and try again.

DieselMafialb7
August 2nd, 2013, 02:38 PM
I cant see how to apply the csp upgrade were do you upgraded it to csp ?

edit nm it pulled up finally though I noticed only on certain tunes will it allow the upgrade???

also it show csp 1-5 does it not use the base tables and use just the 1-5

cindy@efilive
August 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
The upgrade document explains all how the table population works.

Cheers
Cindy

gneal02
August 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM

What's the deal with Edge, I thought they were on board? I have quite a bit of time and money sunk into my insight setup, I'm gonna be pretty pissed if they don't support this.

cindy@efilive
August 3rd, 2013, 03:18 PM
What's the deal with Edge, I thought they were on board? I have quite a bit of time and money sunk into my insight setup, I'm gonna be pretty pissed if they don't support this.

EFILive and Edge have not reached an agreement.

Cheers
Cindy

gneal02
August 4th, 2013, 03:27 AM
EFILive and Edge have not reached an agreement.

Cheers
Cindy

Well that stinks, who's being the stubborn one?

easymon
August 4th, 2013, 02:22 PM
The way i take it is there all or most waiting on full public release so they dont have to redo when final release. Comes out.

beav
August 9th, 2013, 04:28 AM
I see that 07-09 is now in Beta. When do you anticipate public release?

GMPX
August 9th, 2013, 09:03 AM
It will go to public release shortly, everything seems to be going well, we are continuing to update the user guide with extra info.
The update won't be just for CSP5, other things will be included (not necessarily Cummins related), so everything will be compiled in to the same public release when they are all ready.

beav
August 9th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Excellent! Something else that I meant to ask...for us swappers, will the CSP5 o/s allow for disabling SKIM that actually works without having to rely on C&C file?

GMPX
August 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
CSP5 makes no changes to theft, but are you talking 6.7L here?

easymon
August 13th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Have a ? is the scripting option not work with csp5 if not will it in future ? Thanks

2007 5.9
August 13th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Yes scripting works...BUT you have to use a script created from a CSP tune. A script from a regular OS wont work.

easymon
August 13th, 2013, 04:00 PM
OK thanks Les ya was just sitting watching movie and thought about it and remembered it makes a diff. witch tune your scripting from main or alternate.

icemanjc1
September 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
SKIM secret key not stored in the controller- P0633

Anyone else having this hang up with CSP OS? I converted a 2602 OS and also tried disabling E6510, yet still get SKIM madness.

2007 5.9
September 2nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
SKIM secret key not stored in the controller- P0633

Anyone else having this hang up with CSP OS? I converted a 2602 OS and also tried disabling E6510, yet still get SKIM madness.

As long as its a soft code it'll never go away.

icemanjc1
September 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Not so much that it will always be there, but even disabled the truck won't run for longer than 5 seconds.

2007 5.9
September 2nd, 2013, 11:32 AM
Ok thats a different issue...

Are you sure the correct VIN is programmed in to the ecm?

And do you have the "Security" enabled within the tune?

icemanjc1
September 2nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
My first screw up was the VIN, got that fixed. Now Security enabled? No, what needs to be done?

2007 5.9
September 2nd, 2013, 11:37 AM
I think it's under ECM options..."Anti-Theft" needs to be enabled if the ECM is in a dodge.

icemanjc1
September 2nd, 2013, 11:43 AM
Oh, Yes I tried enabling/disabling E6510 "vehicle anti-theft" with no luck. But I should mention that after I downloaded that manual file from tune file depot and started copying all my tables over, I did notice the E6510 was already set to "disabled". Maybe I should start all over with a different OS...

GMPX
September 2nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
E6510 should not be like that, but that is how it is flashed from the dealer too, I'm not sure what is going on there.

Cummins0759
September 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Hey guys/gals, I'm having an issue trying to upgrade my current autocal over to the CSP5 files. When I go to the July 18th Beta release thread and try to click on the link to download the new software needed, it won't open and says "404 not found" in the tab section of the page then adds URL was not found on this server.

Am I missing something or should it not do that?

KhakiCummins
September 2nd, 2013, 02:49 PM
The July 18th Beta is outdated. The latest public release is Aug 24th.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23108-Update-Aug-24-2013&p=196798#post196798

cindy@efilive
September 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
The July 18th Beta is outdated. The latest public release is Aug 24th.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23108-Update-Aug-24-2013&p=196798#post196798

At present, August 24 firmware places a PIN code over the switching routines which prevents switchable tuning.

We are working on a fix.

Hey guys/gals, I'm having an issue trying to upgrade my current autocal over to the CSP5 files. When I go to the July 18th Beta release thread and try to click on the link to download the new software needed, it won't open and says "404 not found" in the tab section of the page then adds URL was not found on this server.

Am I missing something or should it not do that?

You'll need to wait for our next software update to upgrade to CSP.

Cheers
Cindy

Cummins0759
September 2nd, 2013, 03:15 PM
If I update to the Aug 24th software....I won't be able to do switchable tuning...BUT my tunes will still work and load properly correct? If they will then I'll just update and live without being able to switch tunes on the dot

2007 5.9
September 2nd, 2013, 03:16 PM
If I update to the Aug 24th software....I won't be able to do switchable tuning...BUT my tunes will still work and load properly correct? If they will then I'll just update and live without being able to switch tunes on the dot

If you flash in a csp with the Aug 24 update, you'll be stuck on tune 1...

Flashing in a non csp tune should work fine.

Cummins0759
September 2nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Ok thanks! I'll email my tuner to see if he can resend my tunes in non csp format like they have been and just wait to change to the CSP software at a later date. I can live with loading tunes for now

GMPX
September 2nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
The CSP updates are all done and firmware synced up with the changes, some testers will get the files this week, probably as early as next week everyone will be able to download the updated files, just hold tight if you can, you'll save yourself a lot of messing around if you do.

easymon
September 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Cool thanks for the update just was asking on the up date in offical thread till i run across this info. Thanks

catman3126
September 8th, 2013, 09:55 AM
subd

Redhook
September 10th, 2013, 05:46 AM
waiting in antici.............pation.

Grin.n.viper
October 10th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Updates???!

easymon
October 10th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Must be getting close s-cal just sent out my switch and cable has be updated so any day i would think .

WyoFreeride
October 10th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I've had two socal switches for a while, think they will need updated as well?

easymon
October 10th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Been waiting since 1st csp5 release for it as they were waiting for this new release coming out to program the cable. other wise will have to send it back in for update. Kinda bits to get teased with with csp then update v2 and lose it but that pre release versions. Genraly i dont update if thing are working for this reason oh well thats the was she go,s sometimes.

cindy@efilive
October 10th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Updates???!
Software will be released in the next few days.

I've had two socal switches for a while, think they will need updated as well?
Unless they were shipped to you this week, they will need to go back and be reprogrammed to be compatible with the next software update.

Been waiting since 1st csp5 release for it as they were waiting for this new release coming out to program the cable. other wise will have to send it back in for update. Kinda bits to get teased with with csp then update v2 and lose it but that pre release versions. Genraly i dont update if thing are working for this reason oh well thats the was she go,s sometimes.
We fully expected that the July pre-release would be the final release, however once we increased the test group to pre-release users we found a number of situations where secondary scan tools interfered with switching return rates. It was important for us to minimise the long term impact for our customers. Returning a few switches for reprogramming, and insisting that all customers upgrade their software with the next release is seen as a small inconvenience compared to the alternative of poor switching rates.

Cheers
Cindy

easymon
October 10th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks Cindy for update I fully understand the prerelease all ,s good here.

gneal02
October 13th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Has there been anymore progress made with, Edge Products?

comnrailpwr
October 13th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Has there been anymore progress made with, Edge Products?

No, thats not happening anytime soon from what I understand. I wouldn't hold out for them.

gneal02
October 13th, 2013, 01:08 PM
No, thats not happening anytime soon from what I understand. I wouldn't hold out for them.

I really have no choice, I've had EFI forever and my edge insight CTS for a couple of years now with many EAS add ons. Way to much time and money invested to switch up again. Now if I can use one of the CSP5 switches along with my insight I would do that for now. Is that possible or does the v2 have to be connected with the CSP5 switch?

easymon
October 13th, 2013, 01:15 PM
SoCal has a csp5 switch with a bypass plug and you can piggy back with you insight and no you do not need v2 hooked up after you install csp5 file.

cindy@efilive
October 13th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I really have no choice, I've had EFI forever and my edge insight CTS for a couple of years now with many EAS add ons. Way to much time and money invested to switch up again. Now if I can use one of the CSP5 switches along with my insight I would do that for now. Is that possible or does the v2 have to be connected with the CSP5 switch?

Edge will continue to monitor and work once a CSP operating system is installed (although in testing users have needed to upgrade their cts firmware), what it won't do is switch tunes.

To leave your cts connected and switch you will need to have a duel connection to your OBD port irrespective of which product you use to switch (FlashScan, Autocal, SoCal switch)

Cheers
Cindy

catman3126
October 13th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Dang so I gotta send my switches back. I bought them the day socal had them on their website. got them 3 weeks after order date.

blklmm
October 15th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Has anyone been able to do switching with an autocal yet? Or is this just for v2's right now? The tutorial says that it works for both. I cannot seem to find any other info on this.

Redhook
October 15th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Depends what firmware you are sitting at right now. If you have V2.07.49 on your autocal, you have to wait for the update that is suppose to happen any day now (had conflicts on firmware). Unless cindy says different. If you have older keep it for now but you need to read the Cummins ECM 5.9L CSP5 User Guide under the help/documents section of the V8 software. Basically need to setup logging config to enable switching. Hope that helps.

Jon

catman3126
October 15th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Subd

cindy@efilive
October 15th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Has anyone been able to do switching with an autocal yet? Or is this just for v2's right now? The tutorial says that it works for both. I cannot seem to find any other info on this.

CSP works with both FlashScan V2 and AutoCal. Customers will need to wait for our next software release to use these features.

All customers using historical CSP software WILL BE REQUIRED TO UPGRADE to maintain compatibility.

Cheers
Cindy

Redhook
October 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Guess you'll have to WAIT like the rest of us.

blklmm
October 15th, 2013, 01:35 PM
So currently the only way to switch csp is with a v2 or a socal switch (that will need to be updated at the next software release)?

cindy@efilive
October 15th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Currently there is no way to switch.

The July 18 release that did have CSP was withdrawn (ie can no longer be downloaded). The August 25 release updated firmware to make July 18 inoperable. Our beta test group has access to beta software and this is the only software that currently supports switchable tuning.

A public pre-release is scheduled for release in the next day or so. When customers update to that release they will have access to switching via FlashScan V2 and AutoCal. Customers can also purchase third party approved products for switching. SoCal diesel is currently shipping their switches in anticipation of our release. The Starlite Diesel app is not quite ready for purchase yet.

Cheers
Cindy

cindy@efilive
October 15th, 2013, 02:57 PM
CSP software is now available for download. You can read what it includes here http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/newsletter/post/cummins-csp5-pre-release/

Cheers
Cindy

Redhook
October 15th, 2013, 03:08 PM
thank you cindy