PDA

View Full Version : Spark table

SSpdDmon
April 4th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Any ideas on where to start (without a dyno) on dialing in the high octane spark table for a 232/234 .595/.598 112lsa on an '99 / '00 f-body?

Also, has anyone determined why the tables are so drastically different from early LS1 f-bodies ('99 / '00) to later f-bodies ('02)?

ringram
April 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Hmm, maybe cut the spark table into sections.
Do some driving in that section to get a feel, change spark and drive again. To me I can feel when the car is going well. Not exact I know, but close.
Might be easier to manage that way rather than attacking the whole table at once. You can try a Z06 spark table for a baseline. Thats what Id probably do.

oztracktuning
April 4th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Do autotune first - find areas of highest g/cylinder - thats where there should be least timing - start low and build until you start to see knock retard - then it will be close to peak power and torque. Drop a little bit out of it and you will be close.

Before you work on WOT timing make sure afrs are around 12.5 then optimize timing and you might be able to lean it out a little for more power - but it would be best testing this step on a dyno simulating real road conditions of temp and ECT

Redline Motorsports
April 5th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Good point with tracking the g/cyl. I guess that regardless of how the engine is in tune, the highest reading will still indicate the peak effic. of the engine.

Why do you thin think it should have the least timing?? Shouldn't it be the most timing you can run without KR. On a load dyno we would keep feeding the motor timing until the motor stops makking power, or detonation, and then back it down a couple degrees. This would represent peak cylinder pressure.

Good topic!

Howard

joecar
April 5th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Most timing in that g/cyl-vs-RPM cell, but least timing compared to lower g/cyl cells (i.e. compared to lower load).

I agree, good topic. :cheers: