PDA

View Full Version : Need a Stock 07'+ Z06 BIN?

PRAY
July 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I am installing a LS7 MAF in my 07' TBSS and thought I could get a patch from PCMofNC but they only do HPT. Kelly told me to just down load a 07'+Z06 and change the IAT tables over. They don't even come close to lining up but should I also change the MAF frqhz also? So could someone send me one at ber1tuning@gmail.com or post a link here. Thanks.

Brett

Rhino79
July 18th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Here you go

PRAY
July 18th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Thank you. For some reason I can't seem to get the ctz file to open. Do you have it in another format.

ScarabEpic22
July 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Thank you. For some reason I can't seem to get the ctz file to open. Do you have it in another format.

Open V7.5 Tune, then browse to that file and open it that way.

I asked Kelly for their patch, I just used a stock LS7 Z06 curve and IAT scaling and did it myself.

PRAY
July 18th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Can you send me your IAT tables or just a copy of that tune?

I will try the 7.5 deal.

ScarabEpic22
July 19th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Here you go, LS7 MAF and IAT settings in a stock tune.

PRAY
July 19th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I was out of date on my software. All is good. Thanks allot for the tune. I can't open these *.ctz files in EFI live. It only searches and will open: *.ctd, *.bin, *.tun files. ctz's are not supported. Is there a new version of EFI Live out that I need to down load or something. I thought I had the latest version. Can you send it with one of the other suffixes?

Thanks.

PRAY
July 19th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Quick question, On the IAT stuff, the only tables that needed to be changed were A9029 IAT Sensor Ohms Axis 1 and 2. I noticed that B0118 IAT Sensor Scaling 1 and 2 had no changes. Is this correct?

Also, The MAF sensor goes static at 511gm/s at 9,800Hz. I am assuming the larger MAF just read lower Hz than the old smaller one and that is how you gain head room with it? I am pretty sure on the dyno and street I am hitting 10,800Hz or so with the current MAF. I am going to go back and adjust the VVE tables once my mods are done. Just trying to get my head around what is going on. On paper, it looks like I just lost adjustability and RWHP potential with the hard limit of 511hz. Please excuse my ignorance.

ScarabEpic22
July 19th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Yes, just the sensor scaling. I just checked an 07 Z06 file and the values are the same, the scaling is different. The Z06s dont have anything in the IAT2 so I used the IAT values there as well.

Remember you're going to have to tune it from here, this will let you get it started and that's it. I havent looked at my TBSS tune here in a week or two (been playing with my Sonic instead), so I dont remember offhand what my values are but IIRC they're lower than this stock file now. On paper now it looks that way, once you actually tune it I dont think that will be the case. Worst case, if you scale it 50% you'll now have ~1024g/s airflow.

PRAY
July 20th, 2013, 03:09 AM
No worries. I understand it is just a starting point. I looked at two other Z06's I tuned and both of them have lower MAF values but the VVE tables were higher. I just didn't want to damage the sensor or chase my tail once it was all pluged in.

Is there a way to change the Scaling points in EFI Live. So basically the left hand colum of the tables or table data I guess I should say. That would be nice to be able to do to match the data/values that are already there and lined up to the scaling of other bins when we swap parts from other cars.

I am sure scaling won't be necessary since at best with the head and cam combo that is going in 440rw is probably all I will see if I am lucky. Keeping the stock intake manifold and running the OBX headers through the stock cat back.

Thanks again for the help.