PDA

View Full Version : CSP5 DATA LOGgING INOP

garrettg.bpd
July 21st, 2013, 04:07 AM
Has anyone had problems data logging with CSP5? I can use EDA using bbl and I can change tunes.

2007 5.9
July 21st, 2013, 05:12 AM
What's the problem?

BBl sounds like it works...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

garrettg.bpd
July 21st, 2013, 07:27 AM
I cant look at live date using v7.5 or v8. Using scan 7.5 it wont let me select the EDA pid group.

cumminsDK
July 22nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
I cant look at live date using v7.5 or v8. Using scan 7.5 it wont let me select the EDA pid group.

any news on this I cannot select the EDA PID group either

cindy@efilive
July 22nd, 2013, 11:16 PM
Just make sure you've followed the guide to select the EDA PID group, and at what point does the scan tool perform functions not as described in the document?

Live scanning should be functional in V7.5 however this function is not available in V8.

Cheers
Cindy

2007 5.9
July 22nd, 2013, 11:33 PM
Cindy,

I can verify scan tool operation in pass-thru this afternoon after work, I'll post my results.

cindy@efilive
July 23rd, 2013, 12:02 AM
Thanks Les,.

Cheers
Cindy

cumminsDK
July 23rd, 2013, 01:39 AM
My truck has Csp5 installed and I use v2 to switch tunes that works and I have verified that. In v8 I checked the box to reload previous pid group the named my tunes selected CMB pid list per the guide clicked and drug the pid sub folder EDA1 to the box on the left per the guide and selected program all. initially got a "write failure" error code but after formatting it programmed all. Then it would switch tunes and everything but the only time I can select the EDA Pid group in v7 scan tool is if I uncheck the box for supported then I can select EDA but all pids are invalid. This is with v2 connected to truck with csp5 and laptop before starting v7. I did load the tune in the truck befor configuring v2 for eda and haven't flashed since

GMPX
July 23rd, 2013, 08:43 AM
With setting up V7.5 are you absolutely 100% sure you are following the user guide exactly as shown under "Data Logging with V7.5 Scan Tool", page 15?
In V7.5 scan you might also try to force PID revalidation when connected to the truck (press Shift + F2).

cumminsDK
July 23rd, 2013, 11:47 AM
I clicked on the validate pids icon and bingo it worked otherwise would not allow me to select. I guess I was just spoiled with the software always doing it for me!1558215582

cumminsDK
July 23rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Awesome PID selection! I see some long desired parameters!

2007 5.9
July 23rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
Yes i just tested it and "Validate PIDs" is MANDATORY!!!

Other than that it's perfect

GMPX
July 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I clicked on the validate pids icon and bingo it worked otherwise would not allow me to select. I guess I was just spoiled with the software always doing it for me!
Just make sure the EDA PID's are still the only group selected or it will slow the logging rate down considerably as it drops back to factory mode.

cumminsDK
July 25th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Right! Should rarely need a pid not included in EDA!

jordylee18
July 25th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Right! Should rarely need a pid not included in EDA!

External thermocouple pids are nifty! :)

I wish one of the two available was included in EDA.

cumminsDK
July 25th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Those are handy but my test trucks have them and not feasible in customer rigs most if the time would definitely be a plus for competition set ups

garrettg.bpd
July 25th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Validating PIDs did the trick. If I switch tunes 2 or 3 times when data logging the V2 will stop working. I have to unplug it for the pc and then it will start working again. Is this normal?

2007 5.9
July 25th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Validating PIDs did the trick. If I switch tunes 2 or 3 times when data logging the V2 will stop working. I have to unplug it for the pc and then it will start working again. Is this normal?

Are you bbl with v2 plugged into computer at the same time?

cumminsDK
July 25th, 2013, 02:10 PM
One issue I have had I named the tunes in v8 and programmed v2 names were correct then somewhere in the haste of trying to get EDA to work in v7 the names changed. All names in incremented up one spot, 1 moved to 2, and 2 to 3 and so on. The name for five is gone and tune 1 is named just that "tune #1" on the v2. The names are still correct in v8. I have erased and renamed in v8 and reprogrammed but they remain the same. Small issue and names aren't real critical but an issue none the less.

2007 5.9
July 25th, 2013, 02:24 PM
One issue I have had I named the tunes in v8 and programmed v2 names were correct then somewhere in the haste of trying to get EDA to work in v7 the names changed. All names in incremented up one spot, 1 moved to 2, and 2 to 3 and so on. The name for five is gone and tune 1 is named just that "tune #1" on the v2. The names are still correct in v8. I have erased and renamed in v8 and reprogrammed but they remain the same. Small issue and names aren't real critical but an issue none the less.

They changed in the v2?

I'm not quite following...

cumminsDK
July 25th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Yes the names in the v2 changed they were as follows, tow, tow plus timing, hot, hot plus timing, max effort. Now they are, tune #1, tow, tow plus timing, hot, hot plus timing. I am testing two different timing tables for mileage gains if you're wondering about the names.