PDA

View Full Version : Autocal Error $06FF

Mike@Vengeance
July 22nd, 2013, 05:33 AM
Sent one of these out to a customer and he downloaded the file and sent it to me. I modified the tune and sent it back. He tried to load and got the $06FF error and now the car will not start.

Any ideas? I have been over his setup with him over the phone and everythings seems correct.

Do I need to send the file in to EFI Live to have it look at?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Mike@Vengeance
July 22nd, 2013, 06:22 AM
Also does anyone know where is 8.1 my autocal secruity settings are. I hate not being able to open up my own autocal files later.

Thanks

cindy@efilive
July 22nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
What vehicle are you trying to program? From the error codes list you have a checksum failure.

As for security options....Open the tune file with V8 and select the [F4: Properties] tab page. Expand the [Security Restrictions] section.

1. Enter the device's license number and/or;
2. Enter the device's serial number and/or;
3. Enter the controller's serial number.

If you enter a device license number, then all devices that have that license number can flash that tune file into any/all vehicle controllers. Use this option to create files that you can send to all your customer's with linked AutoCal's.

If you enter a device serial number, then only the single device that has that serial number can flash that tune file into any/all vehicle controllers. Use this option to send a tune that can only be flashed by one of your customers.

If you enter a controller serial number, then any device (that passes restrictions 1 and 2) can flash that tune file only into the controller with that serial number. Use this option to restrict the tune file to only being flashed into a single vehicle.

So to prevent anyone other than the original purchaser flashing a tune file into their truck, simply add the truck's controller's serial number into the [Security Restrictions] section.

Cheers
Cindy

Mike@Vengeance
July 23rd, 2013, 06:49 AM
On my desk I was able to read the file with the autocal and move it over in Explorer. I made a quick change nothing major and loaded that back in the tune section of the autocal.

Tried to Full Fash and no luck Error $06FF. Any Ideas how I can make it work. I have never seen this before???

GMPX
July 23rd, 2013, 09:39 AM
What vehicle / ECM type is it?
The error code you are getting sounds like something on the vehicle is messing up the reflash process.

Mike@Vengeance
July 24th, 2013, 04:06 AM
2012 E38 C6

Problem is the coputer and autocal are on my desk now. So no car to mess with it.

Mike@Vengeance
July 24th, 2013, 04:48 AM
Okay tried everything agian. No Luck

Could I have bad autocal or is that possible. I tried some COZ files for cal only flash and no luck same thing.

Mike@Vengeance
July 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Here are some tunes if anybody at EFI LIVE can take a look.1558915588

cindy@efilive
July 24th, 2013, 10:44 AM
What after market devices are on the vehicle? As Ross said above, it sounds like something on the vehicle is interrupting the flash. iPod adaptors, GPS, Radio, alarm?

Cheers
Cindy

Mike@Vengeance
July 24th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Problem is the PCM is not in the car

It's on my desk with a bench harness

GMPX
July 25th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Ok I see the problem, looks like it's had another tuner in it at some point and they have done some sneaky work to try and disguise the CVN change which is confusing our checksum validation process at the end of the reflash, I'll fix up your file so it will flash. Which did you want done? 1st Tune or 2012 C6 Autocal?

Mike@Vengeance
July 30th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Thanks so MUCH but the Cause of the problem has been found.

This is a brand new car and come to find out the Dealer installed a DIABLO tuner in the car before delivery. Customer found the Diablo in the hatch.

Anyway I sold him a V2 and credited him for the autocal and now we should be able to iron it out.

Thanks for all the help guys.