PDA

View Full Version : Got My G-Tech

TAQuickness
April 5th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Picked up a G-Tech Pro RR over the weekend. Got to give it a whirl this morning. I quickly found out there are only a few roads on my daily commute with enough space for me to get a good 1/4 mile run. So far I've only been able to get 1 1/8 mile run with out having to let off for traffic. :D

The G-Tech chingaso is a very nice compliment to EFILive ;)

joecar
April 5th, 2006, 01:33 AM
TA, very cool, have fun with it, they are a nice unit. :cheers:

I have been dropping hints at my house... ;)

redhardsupra
April 5th, 2006, 02:02 AM
this post is worthless without logs! :)

ringram
April 5th, 2006, 03:17 AM
Did you get the RPM pickup working?
I blew up my dc power adapter as it was 110V and the 240V UK power ate it for breakfast.
Lucky the 12v car one still works. I heard you need to load up the battery to get the rpm pickup working properly.

TAQuickness
April 5th, 2006, 08:42 AM
No issue calibrating RPM. I used the cruise control to get a steady RPM, clicked OK, and that was it. Surprisingly accurate. I can tell already I'm going to have to start leaving for work about an hour earlier so I can take full advantage of it's capabilities.

joecar
April 5th, 2006, 11:41 AM
It will be interesting to compare HP curves from the G-Tech with the CALC.POWER_RW pid
(be sure to enter your total mass as close as you can estimate it).

Do you have "metered red/green signal" on-ramps on any freeways on your commute...?

TAQuickness
April 5th, 2006, 12:27 PM
sure don't. don't even have to stop to pay the toll's. Traffic permitting, I have no issue just pulling to the shoulder, wait for a break, and let it go balls out.