PDA

View Full Version : MAF calibration and verification

warlock007
July 27th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Hi All,

Thanks for the help in advance.

I am trying to do 2 things, first is to verify that my MAF was calibrated correctly and Id like logging help in setting up a logging PID/MAP to.

The second is to be able to make adjustments to anything found to be bad or out of alignment. UNDERSTANDING the effects of adjusting the table 5001

Im a little slow with this so telling me exactly what PID to select and what Map to build will be a great help.

I have a LM2 WB, V2. that im using

I am logging MAFFREQ by DATA-LTFT(gm.LTFTAVERG) 1/
COLUMN-Maf RPM(sae.RPM)-
ROW-MAFFREQ

joecar
July 28th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Hi WL007

Have a read thru this: Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log) (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-(in-single-log))

warlock007
July 29th, 2013, 04:06 AM
15604Thanks, I've set this map up, some things are out dated as for pids etc. anyway I'm trying to take a picture of my log and still don't understand how to install the information into the VE table or maffreq.

joecar
July 29th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Map A: CALC.VET.g*K/kPa x RPM X MAP.kPa --> paste into VE table B0101 (your VE display units have to be g*K/kPa).

Map B: CALC.SELBEN x MAFFREQ --> paste-multiply into MAF table B5001.

Take a closer look at post #1 of the Calc.VET thread, it shows you how to set up the maps, and how to apply them.

BTW: to get a screenshot: press SHIFT-PRTSCR and and paste into an image program (e.g. Paint, IrfanView) and save to file... then you can attach screenshots directly.

warlock007
July 29th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Map A is set up the same in scan and B0101:))

Map B cant find CALC.SELBEN, dont see it and cant select it.

Also read over it and just cant seem to understand, I am loogng LTFT AVERG 1%/MAF*MAFFREQ already, not sure if this is what you mean

Im using a MAC with vmfusion to run windows XP so that doesnt work:((

warlock007
July 29th, 2013, 05:16 AM
sorry, Im running serial LM-2 WB, nothing in selected PIDs etc have this avail.

warlock007
July 29th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Well, I followed the PID copy to file and I lost all my Maps and almost everything else with it. Glad I made at least a copy of VDASH onto another computer. Anyways wont do that again.

I set up the Calc. VET exactly like it is in the example. Im not sure other to take the scan logging cut and paste into the tune file for this BUT will it fill in all around it?? or just the parts I was able to record?

I set up the WB/Value against MAFFREQ but still dont understand the information I am to put there, is it after I figure the VE calibration I should see 0.00 there?

anyway, like I said I try to figure out things but when I know im in over my head with learning to configure maps/Pids transferring that information to the tune I am not afraid to just say spell it out for the slow one.

Thanks again for the help but need more.

joecar
July 29th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Map A is set up the same in scan and B0101:))

Map B cant find CALC.SELBEN, dont see it and cant select it.

Also read over it and just cant seem to understand, I am loogng LTFT AVERG 1%/MAF*MAFFREQ already, not sure if this is what you mean

Im using a MAC with vmfusion to run windows XP so that doesnt work:((Post your log file.

joecar
July 29th, 2013, 10:35 AM
sorry, Im running serial LM-2 WB, nothing in selected PIDs etc have this avail.Did you select the pid EXT.WO2LAM1 for logging...?

joecar
July 29th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Well, I followed the PID copy to file and I lost all my Maps and almost everything else with it. Glad I made at least a copy of VDASH onto another computer. Anyways wont do that again.

I set up the Calc. VET exactly like it is in the example. Im not sure other to take the scan logging cut and paste into the tune file for this BUT will it fill in all around it?? or just the parts I was able to record?

I set up the WB/Value against MAFFREQ but still dont understand the information I am to put there, is it after I figure the VE calibration I should see 0.00 there?

anyway, like I said I try to figure out things but when I know im in over my head with learning to configure maps/Pids transferring that information to the tune I am not afraid to just say spell it out for the slow one.

Thanks again for the help but need more.I'm not sure what you're saying...

post some screenshots.

warlock007
July 29th, 2013, 01:13 PM
1561215613here are the last 2 done

Disregard 22 and 23 as they were changed today.

joecar
July 31st, 2013, 08:47 AM
Hi Mike,

Your OS 12584929 does not support the pid GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA...

so you will need the alternate calc_pids.txt file, see post #1 Appendix item #6 here: Calc.VET Thread (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-Calc-VET-correcting-MAF-and-calculating-VE-%28in-single-log%29)

you will need to check that CLC-00-260 in the calc_pids.txt file contains the same data as your B4901 table.

you will need the B4901 and DAT pids...

so do this:
- remove these pids: AFR, ASPARK, MANVAC, SHRTFT1, SHRTFT2;
- add these pids: WO2LAM1, WO2BEN, LTFTBEN, SELBEN, B4901, DAT, CL;

(this should bring your pid channel count to 24, look at bottom of PID tab)

and capture a new log.

warlock007
July 31st, 2013, 10:40 AM
I dont understand what to do and where, the last time i tried to copy a text file i lost all my maps.

WO2LAM1 is for a LM1 analog isnt it? I have a LM2 serial connected WB

warlock007
July 31st, 2013, 11:00 AM
Ok, I figure out how to add, I removed AFR(anything that said it).

I was able to add lam1, ben, lTFTben, B4901 but dont see SelBen, Whats DAT, CL. without SELBEN DAT AND CL count is 23

joecar
July 31st, 2013, 11:05 AM
SELBEN, WO2BEN are calc pids from the alternate calc_pids.txt file...