PDA

View Full Version : Even I figured out the AutoVE

dbaxter_ss
April 5th, 2006, 07:02 AM
After finally breaking down and getting an LC-1 WB02 from greenlightmotorsports I went through the whole setup of the maps and tunes. Not as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Pretty amazed at how rich this was running, before doing the autove I was just checking how close I was with the ltft method and what the afr was showing. -5 to +5 was more like 12s AFR :|

After a couple more runs the BE should be almost dead on the 1s :D

Now to just make a quick connect so I can use the LC-1 in the SS and GTO a lot quicker.

If I got it working anyone can :D

caver
April 5th, 2006, 07:25 AM
Every car I do gets a 18x1.5mm nut welded into the exhaust so I can fit my WB.
The actual unit has a cigarette lighter fitting so I can plug it into the cigar lighter.

joecar
April 5th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Yes a wideband (or two) is worth the money, reveals what is really going on. :cheers:

dbaxter_ss
April 5th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Every car I do gets a 18x1.5mm nut welded into the exhaust so I can fit my WB.
The actual unit has a cigarette lighter fitting so I can plug it into the cigar lighter.

That sounds pretty neat. Dont need to do any welding, both my cars have LTHeaders so I just use the passenger side front o2 for the wb sensor. Then put back the other when i am done.

I am just lazy and want to be able to put the wb on if I am hitting the track and depending on which car I take so if I want to do some quick tweeking I can.

mmorgan24
April 5th, 2006, 03:17 PM
... so LS1 PCM's don't care if one of the stock 02's is removed (pre cat of course).

caver
April 5th, 2006, 05:28 PM
I am even lazier dont want to waste time unscrewing the std o2 sensor. :)

foff667
April 5th, 2006, 05:30 PM
... so LS1 PCM's don't care if one of the stock 02's is removed (pre cat of course).

if your running in open loop no it doesnt care.

joecar
April 6th, 2006, 03:58 AM
You can setup the WB to simulate the NBO2 if you want closed loop.

dbaxter_ss
April 6th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Hunting down an old radar detector cigarette lighter connection now :D

Or hit a walmart and pickup one on the way home. Great idea. :D

Jphdg
April 7th, 2006, 09:32 PM
If welding in a widband O2 bung, it obviously sounds like it does not matter if its installed on one bank or on the other?

I run a duel exhaust (two cats, one NB on each bank) and had not been sure if the two banks can differ in AFRs while trying to tune them. Is that why they normally use two NB 02's for closed loop to keep tabs on this?

If both banks do differ, is it by much, hence could this cause a leaner or richer condition on the bank not being monitored by the wideband O2?

I hope I made sense... :eek:

BTW my first post here and a great site this is :)

joecar
April 7th, 2006, 09:52 PM
If welding in a widband O2 bung, it obviously sounds like it does not matter if its installed on one bank or on the other?

I run a duel exhaust (two cats, one NB on each bank) and had not been sure if the two banks can differ in AFRs while trying to tune them. Is that why they normally use two NB 02's for closed loop to keep tabs on this?

If both banks do differ, is it by much, hence could this cause a leaner or richer condition on the bank not being monitored by the wideband O2?

I hope I made sense... :eek:

BTW my first post here and a great site this is :) Welcome to the site. :wave:

That's why some forum members do run 2x WBO2's...

Look at the physical geometry of your exhaust system, the L and R sides are not identical (or mirror images) to each other,
so there may be a slight difference.

(A large difference indicates an air leak or a fuel leak).

Regards
Joe :cheers:

Jphdg
April 7th, 2006, 10:47 PM
Welcome to the site. :wave:

That's why some forum members do run 2x WBO2's...

Look at the physical geometry of your exhaust system, the L and R sides are not identical (or mirror images) to each other,
so there may be a slight difference.

(A large difference indicates an air leak or a fuel leak).

Regards
Joe :cheers:

I am assuming most people feel it to be 'close enough' by going by one bank as long as the exhausts are not 'too' different geometrically?

My car has been tuned by someone who knows what they are doing but sounds worth the while installing a bung to each bank to allow me to check they are in par when I do start to experiment a little.

I do see my next investment will be a wideband when I am ready to take the next step in the learning curve.

I have plenty of time to research anyhow and am in no rush. I only just introduced myself to EFILive last night trying out some simple logging which was so far a success.

Thanks Joe..

carneb
April 8th, 2006, 02:35 PM
If you do run 2 wb02's is there a way of adjusting fuel, spark etc for each bank individually?

Tordne
April 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM
If you do run 2 wb02's is there a way of adjusting fuel, spark etc for each bank individually?

No sir. The best you could do is adjust for leanest bank/result.