PDA

View Full Version : Can you stack a edge with attitude on an efi live tune.

morejuice
July 30th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Just what the title says. Did a filter and egr delete on an 07 6.7 and used an efi live tune. Vehicle already has an edge with attitude on it. Wondering if i can still use the power settings in the edge. Thanks

ScarabEpic22
July 30th, 2013, 07:03 AM
No, you need to remove any programmer/handheld from your ECM then flash a fresh, bone stock file into the ECM. Use this file as your base to build the tune off of.

If you try to "stack" it, you'll end up with a lot of issues. The entire point of using EFILive is that you DONT stack anything, you actually reprogram it.

morejuice
July 30th, 2013, 07:15 AM
I have been tuning with efi live on Gm's for a while now, just got into doing cummins. The edge that is in there is an older one that is not flash based. I used the EFi live when i did the filter and egr delete because edge does not have that capability. I unplugged the edge from the harness, did the read and the flash. My customer likes having the adjustability of the edge for towing and playing. So i'm not trying to "stack" them for max power, just use them together.

cumminsDK
July 30th, 2013, 08:01 AM
if you set up your EFILive tune just for deletes and don't add any power with that then use your edge for power it seems logical that it would be as functional and safe AS AND EDGE WOULD BE OTHERWISE!

ScarabEpic22
July 30th, 2013, 08:41 AM
if you set up your EFILive tune just for deletes and don't add any power with that then use your edge for power it seems logical that it would be as functional and safe AS AND EDGE WOULD BE OTHERWISE!

Thats all you can really do, especially with it being a non-flash based one. Means it tricks the ECM by manipulating the sensor signals, if you tune the truck then you'll have issues.

Or have him wait until CSP5 comes out and have him switch it with one of the aftermarket available devices.

tokymon
July 31st, 2013, 05:09 AM
i have done this on gm it works well (as an edge can work)
can be done with flash units to - atleast on gasses