PDA

View Full Version : LML full tuning, it's here!

GMPX
August 2nd, 2013, 07:34 AM
Hi All,

As you may have heard through the grapevine (or even watched (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4psDKhCOSi0)) on the internet, EFILive has indeed been working hard on the LML ECM to finally be able to offer you all a full tuning package just like the previous generation Duramax's. This is what everyone has been waiting for, a familir tuning / scanning package for the LML.
So before the internet rumours start, here is a quick run down on what is coming and at the end an FAQ of sorts on how this will work, because the process is not quite the same as before.

Those familiar with LMM tuning will feel right at home with the LML. It's not radically different to the LMM, the overall concepts are similar, the difference is you now have far greater controls due to the fact there is so many tables! What may have been 3 or 4 tables on the LMM for a function, the LML will have 12 of the same thing, the engineers at Bosch really went to town on this ECM.

Here's some tables to look over.

Pedal Response:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/E86_Pedal.png

Desired Boost:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/E86_Boost.png

Timing:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/E86_Timing.png

Rail Pressure:
http://download.efilive.com/Staff/GMPX/E86_FRP.png

As of right now we have all known OS's mapped up to and including 2014 models. We are currently putting in the map descriptions, and finalising the folder layouts for the maps.

Some other great news, the scantool got a major overhaul too with over 120 new PID's added, specifically for the LML and also the new Cruze Diesel E47 ECM. These new PID's give you vital feedback on everything in the emissions systems, great for making sure your tuning isn't going to block the DPF!

With LML ECM support also brings back to the table the A50 TCM, support for this will follow soon after the ECM is 100% ready for public release.

Keep an eye open for this update to go in to public release soon.

Here's the FAQ.....

Q - How do I get my stock tune?
A - We are working on a solution to this. It is not possible to read the LML ECM via the OBDII port, GM/Bosch have blocked the reading of the calibrations, no ifs, not buts, it's blocked. What will probably end up happening is people who have invested in the Alientech JTAG hardware might be able to supply you with stock tunes for a fee (this involves pulling the ECM apart to read it). We are also looking at building up a library of stock tunes to offer via Tunedepot.

Q - But I run a deleted tune from another tuner and I don't want to loose it.
A - Can't help you out then sorry, we cannot read what is already in the ECM.

Q - DPF, DEF, finally I can remove it all?
A - Not with EFILive, well, not if you live in the USA. All tuning parameters related to DPF, DEF etc will be restricted from modification for USA customers right off the bat, no exceptions.

Q - Well that sucks, no delete tunes!
A - Times have changed and many tuners understand that you have to play by the rules these days. Already LML's are over 500 Hp with full emissions systems in place, this will only get better as tuning is enhanced.

Q - DSP5 for the LML?
A - Probably never going to happen. With the LML ECM Bosch really cranked up the security levels, the ECM's OS (where DSP5 mods would need to be made) cannot be altered by anyone outside of Bosch. They have some really complex security on the OS code that cannot be bypassed. However, Bosch kind of have a DSP5 mode built in, more on that later......

Q - Will this support the LGH?
A - Probably yes, but we have not looked at any LGH tunes yet. There was some subtle differences between the van and truck tunes on the old E35 ECM that caused a bit of a headache for us, hopefully this time around we won't have to face similar problems.

DURAtotheMAX
August 2nd, 2013, 10:32 AM
Great work EFILive crew! :good:

So for LML customers outside of the USA, are there going to be EGR/DPF/SCR controls available?

Ben

GMPX
August 2nd, 2013, 11:20 AM
Not on initial release, but yes it is planned for non USA customers and trust me, it's not because people outside of the USA want to make trucks smoke, DEF just isn't available everywhere, pretty useless having a truck limited to 6 MPH because you've run out of DEF in the middle of the desert (http://lovelizzymarie.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/eyre-highway-sign1.jpg). I don't know, what is more important, not dying of thirst because your truck is in limp mode or saving a few grams of soot.
EGR position controls will be in the USA release as these may become critical for emissions compliant tuning with parts modifications, but nothing to disable EGR DTC's should you remove it.

DURAtotheMAX
August 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Alright, makes sense.

I assume full DTC reporting tables will be available too? (besides emissions-related DTC enablers for US customers) For example running standalone applications, MAF-less applications, etc...? Anti-theft/VATS settings?

When you said "Bosch kind of added a DSP-5 built in", does that mean there are multiple different tables (effectively "DSP") that are selected based on various running conditions, or some non-essential sensor on the engine that could be "re-purposed" (IE, disconnect the sensor, and add a switch with a resistor ladder built in) as a "sort-of" DSP-5 switch?

Duramax 6.6L
August 2nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
Where can I get the Alientech JTAG hardware

8100 Power
August 2nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys. A great day for us LML guys!

killerbee
August 2nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
...EFILive has indeed been working hard on the LML ECM to finally be able to offer you all a full tuning package just like the previous generation Duramax's. .

Will stream licensing be available as it was with the previous generation duramax products?

GMPX
August 2nd, 2013, 12:43 PM
I assume full DTC reporting tables will be available too? (besides emissions-related DTC enablers for US customers) For example running standalone applications, MAF-less applications, etc...? Anti-theft/VATS settings?
That is the plan yes.

When you said "Bosch kind of added a DSP-5 built in", does that mean there are multiple different tables (effectively "DSP") that are selected based on various running conditions, or some non-essential sensor on the engine that could be "re-purposed" (IE, disconnect the sensor, and add a switch with a resistor ladder built in) as a "sort-of" DSP-5 switch?
I'm not going to say much at this stage because we need to do some testing, sorry.

Google the name, it's from Europe. Don't quote me on this, but I think the full set up is nearing $12K.

Will stream licensing be available as it was with the previous generation duramax products?
No stream for LML and what I meant by what you have quoted is the mapping/scanning is what you are familiar with on the previous models.

Dmaxink
August 2nd, 2013, 01:31 PM
Awesome guys! This is freakin exciting... Can't wait to see how the market turns up these trucks. I knew you guys would let it rip sooner or later!

Congrats again, very exciting!

GMC-2002-Dmax
August 2nd, 2013, 02:44 PM

You will also need a subscription and access to TIS.........

DieselMafialb7
August 2nd, 2013, 11:34 PM
As cool as is this is its worthless for me unfortunately :( all the farmers around here what the shit deleted as they get tired of plugging and def and have no interest in keep it all.

Duramax 6.6L
August 3rd, 2013, 12:25 AM
You will also need a subscription and access to TIS.........

Already have a subscription to TIS

Duramax 6.6L
August 3rd, 2013, 12:28 AM
Google the name, it's from Europe. Don't quote me on this, but I think the full set up is nearing $12K.

12,000 that's not a problem, I have been on goggle it trying to find it. If anyone has the link to the item please post it.

modpcm
August 4th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Hi , Try this link http://www.alientech.to/here

Duramax 6.6L
August 4th, 2013, 02:11 AM

Thank you, I will call them tomorrow to talk to them and order.

killerbee
August 5th, 2013, 05:16 AM
With LML ECM support also brings back to the table the A50 TCM, support for this will follow soon after the ECM is 100% ready for public release.

Will this be a full flash effort?

GMPX
August 5th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Yes the A50 Full flash should be a possibility, it's internal structure and read/flash method is totally different to the A40. The A40 was done (could only be done) using the TCM's built in read/flash routines, the A50 is open to allowing bootloaders to be executed in the TCM, hence why we can do a full read in a few minutes on them using our own code.

Dmaxink
August 5th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Yes the A50 Full flash should be a possibility, it's internal structure and read/flash method is totally different to the A40. The A40 was done (could only be done) using the TCM's built in read/flash routines, the A50 is open to allowing bootloaders to be executed in the TCM, hence why we can do a full read in a few minutes on them using our own code.

Sneaky sneaky!! Very good things, the a50 is a beast of a tcm

GMPX
August 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Sneaky sneaky!!
Not really Kory ;), we have to write from scratch both read and reflash executable bootloaders on every GM gas ECM we support, have done since day one, although it is harder to get working the end result is we have full control over the read/flash process. 'If only' we could do such things with the Cummins and Bosch ECM's. But unfortunately by manufacturers like Cummins and Bosch not allowing this you are also at the mercy of the security levels they build in to the ECM's on reflashing, or in the case of the A40 how cripplingly slow the read process is.

Cheers,
Ross

Dmaxink
August 5th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Not really Kory ;), we have to write from scratch both read and reflash executable bootloaders on every GM gas ECM we support, have done since day one, although it is harder to get working the end result is we have full control over the read/flash process. 'If only' we could do such things with the Cummins and Bosch ECM's. But unfortunately by manufacturers like Cummins and Bosch not allowing this you are also at the mercy of the security levels they build in to the ECM's on reflashing, or in the case of the A40 how cripplingly slow the read process is.

Cheers,
Ross

You software guys give me a headache... Just give me pretty tables and ill do what I do! Haha keep it up man.

Boost
August 14th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Congrats and THANKS! I never thought it would be so (I've decided to totally ignore and forget the LML - just as I do with all unsupported makes and models), but now I have multiple LMLs to play with and can't wait. Please keep us updated.

Duramax 6.6L
August 14th, 2013, 02:58 AM
http://forum.efilive.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by modpcm http://forum.efilive.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=195620#post195620)

We'll everything is ordered, hopefully be here on Friday or Monday,

GMPX
August 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Are we discussing EFILive for LML or Alientech in this thread? Keep it on track please.

8100 Power
August 20th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Any projections on a Beta release? I know H&S is already out but I'd rather have the clean UI of EFILive.. and I already have a V2 :D.

Duramax 6.6L
August 20th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Any projections on a Beta release? I know H&S is already out but I'd rather have the clean UI of EFILive.. and I already have a V2 :D.

You will need special equipment to read the ecm, or purchase the files from someone who can supply them.

cindy@efilive
August 20th, 2013, 01:50 PM

Beta testing is going to plan - we've got a list of what does work and what doesn't and are moving through that. I don't have a time frame for either a public beta or public release.

You will need special equipment to read the ecm, or purchase the files from someone who can supply them.

There will be a number of options available for customers when we get to a public release. Where there is a hurdle there is innovation. I wouldn't be too concerned about the ability to get access to a file.

Cheers
Cindy

8100 Power
August 20th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the reply Cindy & Duramax 6.6L! I can't wait!

GMC-2002-Dmax
August 20th, 2013, 10:02 PM

HMMMMMM, per file pricing.........how do you control a stock file from distribution ? Once the genie is let out of the bottle you can't ever put in back in .

8100 Power
August 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM
Let's just all hope we don't have to worry about that.

GMPX
September 23rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
All posts related to KB have been moderated, if this doesn't stop you guys will be banned, this is an EFILive forum to discuss our product, not an avenue for venting against another business. If you feel you must do this take it elsewhere please, all future posts on KB will be removed. Keep it on track!

KB3MMX
December 30th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Bump......

Any updates?

Duramax 6.6L
December 30th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Bump......

Any updates?
Check out this thread and install.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23483-Update-Nov-21-2013

cindy@efilive
December 30th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Bump......

Any updates?

EFILive released LML tuning in November. Base files are able to be downloaded from a variety of sources online.

Cheers
Cindy

Boost
January 1st, 2014, 09:29 AM
EFILive released LML tuning in November. Base files are able to be downloaded from a variety of sources online.

Cheers
Cindy

Yup, works great!

cokane1
January 16th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Yup, works great!

Tuned a 2012 LML 3500HD the other day. truck ran good. but it keeps throwing a P0606 "failed ecm" code. Thoughts??

GMPX
January 16th, 2014, 04:13 PM
You may have pushed it a bit far on the tune, the P0606 is sort of a generic 'something is wrong'. I don't have any guide to fix it but some massaging of the last five tables under Torque Reference may help.

comnrailpwr
January 16th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Make sure the first couple rows in the tq tables did not change when you most likely smoothed them.

KillaKustomKables
February 3rd, 2014, 02:30 PM
Hi,
Just want to confirm if we can do a VATS disable on LML for conversion use. And can the DPF and EGR delete tables be made available for an Australian customer? We will be fitting the engine to a different vehicle.
Thanks

GMPX
February 3rd, 2014, 03:28 PM
Actually VATS is not something that has been looked at, it should be possible but I have no firm guarantee right at the moment.
DPF and EGR deletes are not currently in the software, we have not come up with a viable solution to keep the USA law makers happy yet allow everyone else in the world access to such tables.

KillaKustomKables
February 3rd, 2014, 04:44 PM
Yeah ok so prob not a good motor to use for a conversion at this stage. Would it be possible for You guys at EFIlive to supply certain customers with a tune that has already been setup for standalone operation, ie VATS off, EGR, DPF and urea all turned off, Without actually making it possible to do with the software?? Just a thought
Cheers

Boost
February 3rd, 2014, 04:52 PM
Killa, e-mail me to tune@torquesouth.com

There is a solution for your off-road vehicle, but it is not here in the middle of town square. It's in the alley..

KillaKustomKables
February 3rd, 2014, 04:59 PM
email sent

GMPX
February 3rd, 2014, 06:18 PM
Yeah ok so prob not a good motor to use for a conversion at this stage. Would it be possible for You guys at EFIlive to supply certain customers with a tune that has already been setup for standalone operation, ie VATS off, EGR, DPF and urea all turned off, Without actually making it possible to do with the software?? Just a thought
Cheers
Sorry, we don't supply modified tunes, just the tools to create them.
Unless you already have the LML motor bolted in, the LBZ or LMM might be a better option for a conversion, everything you asked for can be done on those now and conversions have been done with those before. You might hit a few hurdles along the way with the LML ECM too and be totally stuck whilst we (or whoever) tries to find a fix.

GMPX
March 16th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Just a note for everyone, the 2015+ LML ECM is different internally to previous ones, we will need to do some re-organising of our ECM configuration files to accommodate both ECM types, not sure on a release update but we are working on it.

DURAtotheMAX
March 18th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Just a note for everyone, the 2015+ LML ECM is different internally to previous ones, we will need to do some re-organising of our ECM configuration files to accommodate both ECM types, not sure on a release update but we are working on it.

interesting info Ross...is the actual hardware itself different? Or just the way the software/firmware is mapped out?

Dmaxink
March 18th, 2014, 07:29 AM
interesting info Ross...is the actual hardware itself different? Or just the way the software/firmware is mapped out?

New processor :-(

But all good, in the works!

djv86
May 2nd, 2015, 08:12 AM
So the " all tuning parameters will be restricted"

does that include the dtc disabling parameters or the

*engine diagnostics* area not viewable ?

GMPX
May 2nd, 2015, 09:23 AM
No not all tuning parameters, you still have access to hundreds of tables, just nothing that allows emissions removal (like the DTC lists), sorry not our rules. The restriction is only in place for USA based customers as this is where those rules are enforced by law.

djv86
May 2nd, 2015, 12:27 PM
No not all tuning parameters, you still have access to hundreds of tables, just nothing that allows emissions removal (like the DTC lists), sorry not our rules. The restriction is only in place for USA based customers as this is where those rules are enforced by law.

I'm just asking cause I got a lml tune with the starlite diesel training guide and there nothing to choose or edit under the engine diagnostics area

amendez6969@gmail.com
October 25th, 2017, 03:25 PM
GPMX, can you email me, I have something I'd like to discuss with you that may be of interest.

cindy@efilive
October 25th, 2017, 03:28 PM
GPMX, can you email me, I have something I'd like to discuss with you that may be of interest.

Just email him directly - ross at efilive dot com.

Cheers
Cindy