PDA

View Full Version : Analog inputs not working

Camaro SS
August 3rd, 2013, 11:29 PM
The analog inputs had been working just fine for a long time and then all of a sudden they quit working. I am running EFILive Tune V7.5.7 (Build 238) and EFILive Scan V7.5.7 (Build 238) Bootlock verision is 2.07.05 and Firmware verision is 2.07.47. I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Camaro SS
August 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM
If I select F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F4 on the V2. The second to last line the numbers only change from 0-1 on all 4 analog inputs, so that means a hardware issue correct?

joecar
August 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Hi Camaro SS,

I notified Tech Support for further guidance.

Blacky
August 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM
If I select F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F4 on the V2. The second to last line the numbers only change from 0-1 on all 4 analog inputs, so that means a hardware issue correct?

If there is no voltage input to those analog inputs then they will just show 0-1.
If you do have voltage applied to those analog inputs but there is no 12V supplied to the RJ45 connector (i.e. from the vehicle) then they will also only show 0-1

You must have 12V supplied to the RJ45 via the OBDII cable. An you must supply a voltage grater than 0 less then or equal to 5V to see those self test values with "real" values.

Regards
Paul

joecar
August 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Ah, I keep forgetting this:

. . .

You must have 12V supplied to the RJ45 via the OBDII cable.
. . .

Camaro SS
August 5th, 2013, 10:29 PM
I have had the cable connector to the OBDII connector and my laptop with a wideband connected and a 0-5V fuel pressure sensor. They had been working just fine but now they don't. For a while I couldn't have my wideband connected until after the scanner was logging or it wouldn't work. I thought that was weird but no big deal just connected it after the scanner was logging. The fuel pressure connector could stay connected to the V2 device and then the scanner started logging without issue.

Camaro SS
August 5th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Which pin would I need to check on the OBDII connector to verify there is 12 volts there. I can read and flash just fine through the OBDII connector.

Blacky
August 6th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Which pin would I need to check on the OBDII connector to verify there is 12 volts there. I can read and flash just fine through the OBDII connector.

If you can read and flash just fine then the OBDII port is providing 12V and ground correctly. You can see the OBDII plug pin-outs in the document called "Bench Harness Wiring Pinouts" on this page: https://www.efilive.com/documentation-tutorials. Pin 4 is ground and pin 16 is 12V power.
There was a software issue in an old version of V7 that caused logging problems with analog devices connected to the A/D pins. That problem was fixed a while back. If you're not already using the latest version here then I recommend that you do.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23025-Update-Aug-06-2013

Another test to try is this, select the following options on FlashScan: F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F4 Which will take you to the hidden internal test system.
Press Ok when the initial message about connecting a 2nd FlashScan is displayed.
The 4 numbers displayed on the second bottom line correspond to the raw A/D counts for each of the 4 A/D inputs. Those number should range from around 0-10 at 0V to around 600-700 at about 5V.
If those numbers are not changing in response to different input voltages then there is a hardware failure.

If those numbers are changing in response to different voltages, but the normal* test screen that shows the actual voltage is not changing (or the voltages are wrong), then it is likely that the A/D calibration data has been reset. In which case you'll need to recalibrate the A/D inputs using stable, known input voltages.

Just FYI, the first two numbers on the very bottom line are the 12V switch inputs and the next 2 numbers are the two thermocouple temperatures. The last two codes on the bottom line show the "card present" and "write protect" switch status for the SD Card holder.

* The normal test screen, meaning F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests ->F3 External Sensors -> F1 Display Sensors.

Regards
Paul

Camaro SS
August 6th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Paul,

In post #1 I posted what software version, firmware version, and bootlock version I am running which yes is the latest versions. In post #2 I posted..."If I select F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F4 on the V2. The second to last line the numbers only change from 0-1 on all 4 analog inputs, so that means a hardware issue correct?"

I am pretty positive I have a hardware issue with my V2.

Blacky
August 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Paul,

In post #1 I posted what software version, firmware version, and bootlock version I am running which yes is the latest versions. In post #2 I posted..."If I select F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F4 on the V2. The second to last line the numbers only change from 0-1 on all 4 analog inputs, so that means a hardware issue correct?"

I am pretty positive I have a hardware issue with my V2.

If you applying a range of voltages between 0 and 5V to the pins and the numbers do not change then there is a fault.
Don't forget for the A/D inputs to work you MUST supply 12V to the FlashScan via the OBDII cable. You can't perfrom the A/D test via USB power.

Regards
Paul

Camaro SS
August 7th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Paul, I said in post #6 that I had the V2 connected to the OBD II connector and my laptop. I am 99.99% sure I have a hardware issue with my V2 and I would like to know what I need to do to be able to get it fixed.