PDA

View Full Version : Update: Aug 06, 2013

Blacky
August 5th, 2013, 09:13 AM
EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Important:

The boot block software for FlashScan and AutoCal has been updated to increase the stability of USB data transfers under varying environmental conditions. You should update the boot block in your FlashScan and/or AutoCal devices when prompted to by the EFILive Control Panel. If you are not prompted to update the boot block, please manually run the EFILive Control Panel software, select the [F6: Firmware] tab page and update the boot block. After updating the boot block the device will remain in dead-poll until you reprogram the latest firmware into it.

Download here:

EFILiveV7.5.7.240_Setup.exe (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.240_Setup.exe)
EFILiveV8.2.2.233_Setup.exe (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.233_Setup.exe)

Updates:

V7

[*=1]Added new LML PIDs to scan tool. (The LML PIDs are still under development, some are currently returning unexpected data).
[*=1]Fixed software hanging on start-up and/or shutdown (on some PCs) when FlashScan V2 is connected.

V8

[*=1]No significant changes.

Firmware

[*=1]Boot block update to fix USB error $0101.

Known Issues:
Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

[*=1]V1 Devices may not connect to the V7 software after installing this update and using it with a FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device. Workaround: Uninstall this update and re-install V7.5.7.235 (from the downloads page on the EFILive web site).
[*=1]V7 pass-thru scan tool does not display trouble codes. Use FlashScan/AutoCal in standalone mode to view trouble codes until the problem is fixed in the next update.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 240
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 233
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.06 (Jul 31, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.48 (Aug 02, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)

joecar
August 5th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the update.

IJ.
August 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Thanks guys :)

mowton
August 5th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Paul,

Just to be clear, we had to load the V7.5 (version 230) and the special FW (-46) you developed back on June 30th to fix the initial hang problem. Does this new version correct the initial problems we had and we can now download this version with no problems. Is this considered a public version?

Thanks

Ed M

j_da_fox
August 6th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Appears to have worked for me. Thanks for the great support!

Duramax 6.6L
August 6th, 2013, 03:07 AM
Thank you for the update, fixed a few problems I was having.

Blacky
August 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Paul,

Just to be clear, we had to load the V7.5 (version 230) and the special FW (-46) you developed back on June 30th to fix the initial hang problem. Does this new version correct the initial problems we had and we can now download this version with no problems. Is this considered a public version?

Thanks

Ed M

Yes, it fixes the hanging issues. You can run the latest USB drivers with this software and the hanging issue should not occur.
It is very close to being a public release. We just need to fix the FlashScan V1 issues with V7 before it gets officially released.

Regards
Paul

holsky
August 7th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Thanks a lot Paul for this update!

Chuck CoW
August 7th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Hey Paul... Tried to change an autocals E38 OS via full flash and it aborts as the OS's are different.

Previously, the "i don't care...let me flash it anyway" button let us over ride the full flash and things were good

but that option is now gone. AutoCal won't do it.... V8 won't do it....and 7.5 does not allow full flash via AutoCal.

I'm stuck and can't apply OS changes to get this guy started....

Is there a previous version that ill work with the latest public release firmware and bootblock?

This guy is outside the country.... HELP!

Chuck

ScarabEpic22
August 7th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Chuck, I had this problem as well. PCMs and TCMs like the LS1 and T42 are pretty common across everything, I have yet to brick a T42 (havent flashed many LS1s). This feature was removed a few months ago, around April/May IIRC. I pushed to have some known controllers that wont have a bricking issue have the option to bypass the OS mismatch, but havent heard anything else.

For the E38/67/37/39/92/78s, it makes some sense to me because these things will brick themselves. Do I want the option? Yes. Do I know why EFILive removed this feature? Yes, people were bricking ECMs and requesting a refund, either license or ECM or both. EFILive shouldnt have to pay for other people's mistakes when they clearly click a BIG WARNING saying this might brick a controller.

Taz
August 8th, 2013, 03:20 AM
+1 ... Yes please. Many OS are compatible with a "flash over" to a different OS.

I don't like having my options (as a reasonable person) limited due the actions of the foolish.

I have fried 2 controllers over the years ... was pushing just a little too far ... would never dream of asking for a VIN license credit / refund for these. It would be very poor moral judgment to ask someone else to pay for my R&D errors.

Enact a warning message (or two), and if you brick a controller after proceeding with the flash, you are on your own.

Guessing history will describe our current period in time as the counter productive era of the "do over" - many were raised with few consequences and far too many options to repeat actions - that originally stemmed from their own poor choices.

Nothing like everyone receiving a trophy (despite finishing last) and celebrating mediocrity.

Sorry gents, showing my age ......

Taz
August 8th, 2013, 03:50 AM
... For the E38/67/37/39/92/78s, it makes some sense to me because these things will brick themselves ...

Some E38 and E67 are amenable to an OS change via a Full Flash. This is the feature (E38 / E67) that I would appreciate being reactivated.

T42s are nearly indestructible ... T43s are divided into two separate and distinct camps (which does not follow a specific model year rule).

ScarabEpic22
August 8th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Some E38 and E67 are amenable to an OS change via a Full Flash. This is the feature (E38 / E67) that I would appreciate being reactivated.

T42s are nearly indestructible ... T43s are divided into two separate and distinct camps (which does not follow a specific model year rule).

I agree, Ive had good luck flashing different MY OS' in when I follow the OS compatibility guide EFILive has. Just done the E67s, but I imagine the E38/37s work the same way as well.

Chuck CoW
August 12th, 2013, 02:03 AM
I agree, Ive had good luck flashing different MY OS' in when I follow the OS compatibility guide EFILive has. Just done the E67s, but I imagine the E38/37s work the same way as well.

Yup.. Ya goota be smart and do it by the numbers. I bricked 20 E38 back in 08/09 before I figured out what works and what don't... It's a feature I can't live without.

Chuck CoW

Chuck CoW
August 14th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Hey Paul....

Will there be a time when the AutoCal config will be AUTO-UPDATED after a firmware flash?

It's one of the #1 trouble calls I get. After a firmware flash it should say.... "Auto-Update current config" or "load new AutoCal configuration file"

That would be SWEEEEEET!

Chuck CoW

Blacky
August 14th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Hey Paul....

Will there be a time when the AutoCal config will be AUTO-UPDATED after a firmware flash?

It's one of the #1 trouble calls I get. After a firmware flash it should say.... "Auto-Update current config" or "load new AutoCal configuration file"

That would be SWEEEEEET!

Chuck CoW

Yes, we'll do that in a future update.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 23rd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Update had been posted here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23108-Update-Aug-24-2013

Regards
Paul

odd boy
August 23rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
I suffered of restarting my laptop while tuning cars, the V2 screen goes like the driver isn't installed. I thought because of my laptop.....

I hope this update will resolve this issue.

VSIMONETTI
August 29th, 2013, 08:27 AM
My Flashscan V2 keeps saying unresponsive in the current software i downloaded. What is needed to resolve this issue.
At this point im unable to do anything because it wont communicate with the software.

odd boy
August 29th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Most of the times I can't read DTCs

Blacky
August 29th, 2013, 09:28 AM
My Flashscan V2 keeps saying unresponsive in the current software i downloaded. What is needed to resolve this issue.
At this point im unable to do anything because it wont communicate with the software.

Firstly, make sure you are running the latest update: http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23108-Update-Aug-24-2013

Secondly, make sure you install both V7 and V8 and then run the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software and select the [Check Firmware] button to make sure your firmware is up to date.

Lastly, if your FlashScan V2 device has not been updated in the last few years, the boot block may be too old. It the boot block is V2.04.xx or earlier you need to perform additional steps to upgrade the firmware. Those steps are described in the document: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Upgrading FlashScan.
To check the version number of the boot block in your FlashScan V2 device, use the built in menu options on FlashScan.

Regards
Paul

VSIMONETTI
August 29th, 2013, 10:11 AM
i have no access to my flashscan thru my computer. It will not let me refresh or try to update my firmware. My boot block is 2.07.05 and firmware is 2.07.45
I have also downloaded the latest software from the link you have provided, when plugging my flash scan into my computer I get unresponsive
on my status. I am also unable to get my flash scan into dead poll mode aswell

Blacky
August 29th, 2013, 11:32 AM
i have no access to my flashscan thru my computer. It will not let me refresh or try to update my firmware. My boot block is 2.07.05 and firmware is 2.07.45
I have also downloaded the latest software from the link you have provided, when plugging my flash scan into my computer I get unresponsive
on my status. I am also unable to get my flash scan into dead poll mode aswell

Run the EFILive V8 program: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->EFILive Control Panel.
Click on the FlashScan icon that appears in the system tray, near the clock at the end of the Windows task bar.
Click on the [Status] button.
Wait for one or more of the ticks to turn green, or until an error occurs, or 30 seconds - whichever happens first.
Select the [F8: Trace] tab page.
Click on [Save Trace], save the trace file
Send the trace file to me at paul@efilive.com.

Regards
Paul