PDA

View Full Version : LC-1 Blues

dusto82
August 13th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Hello,
I am having some trouble with my lc1,
I have it plumbed up in about the same spot as stock in front of the cats
all was well a month or so ago when i did my last tunning, but since putting a cam in, not huge for a ls3, 224-232 -580-591 114
all the wide band does is read around 4afr, i have removed and done free air calibration, it reads free air but as soon as i start car it goes straight to around 4afrs

is the sensor buggered? (im not seeing any error codes) or could the be another explination for this, i turned on my stft to get an idea of what was going on but the are within 3%

Regards
Dustin Popp

ACCLR8N
August 14th, 2013, 03:52 AM
What does it read for Lambda or EQR? Hopefully 1.0xx. Then all you have to do is plug it in to your laptop, run the innovate software and remind it that stoic is 14.7 AFR.

EagleMark
August 14th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Hello,
I am having some trouble with my lc1,
I have it plumbed up in about the same spot as stock in front of the cats
all was well a month or so ago when i did my last tunning, but since putting a cam in, not huge for a ls3, 224-232 -580-591 114
all the wide band does is read around 4afr, i have removed and done free air calibration, it reads free air but as soon as i start car it goes straight to around 4afrs

is the sensor buggered? (im not seeing any error codes) or could the be another explination for this, i turned on my stft to get an idea of what was going on but the are within 3%

Regards
Dustin PoppWhen you changed the cam you may have messed up the grounds for WB? Or power? 4AFR sounds like it may be resetting power during the start?

I'm helping another guy who had an Lc-1 working perfectly for 2 years. All he did was change headers and he has opposite of you... 22.4 AFR all the time.

May be time to Back to Basic install? Makes sure grounds are good, power is supplied at key on and no interruptions through crank. Then reload firmware back to stock and set up the controller software properly. Heater cal and free air cal.

HTH!

dusto82
August 14th, 2013, 10:56 AM
yes it does reset power when i crank engine? but it has always done that
im running it through efilive with a serial connection ill check my setup, i doubt i have changed any of it installing the cam it is all to far away from where i was working on the car

ill set it to read lambda i didnt think about that one

dusto82
August 14th, 2013, 11:10 AM
WOW! Lambda is right on around 1 at idle and afr are 4.8?
looks like i need to get into my inovate and change a few settings?
how would it stuff up like that

joecar
August 14th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Using the LM Programmer software, go in and look at the LC-1's default AFR

( it has been know to stuff itself up occassionally )

Use lambda for tuning.

ScarabEpic22
August 14th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I had my LC1 freak out like this, was getting wonky readings. Fired up LM Programmer and the values were all sorts of screwed up, flashed back to normal and it's been fine for the last 2 years now.

EagleMark
August 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM
yes it does reset power when i crank engine? but it has always done that
Not sure how that would effect it? But not supposed to be wired that way. Need power from key on to crank and back to key on. Un-interupted. As per install instructions.

dusto82
August 14th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Thanks for all the help,
ill be using lambda for tuning from now on,
I have set up a BEN factor Pid as per others post using ext.wbo2lam1 / sae.lambda

How do i go about wiring it so it keeps power when engine cranks?
i have it wired into my accessorys

joecar
August 15th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Make sure your SAE.LAMBDA behaves like lambda and not EQR.

EagleMark
August 15th, 2013, 03:04 AM
How do i go about wiring it so it keeps power when engine cranks?
i have it wired into my accessorysPower the relay trigger/on from Ignition power, not accessory power.

Main power to relay should be fused from batt or power distribution block.

dusto82
August 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Thanks, yes Joe its showing lambda