PDA

View Full Version : Help! How can I install a new computer from salvage yard tune it & get past theft D.?

ARC
August 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
I'm living in remote north of Canada, in Ft.McMurray, A.B.. No tuners up there, but I purchased EFI live and roughed in a tune to drive my truck south after a cam swap. 2007 Yukon Denali. On vacation took the truck and had a tune done. It run great on the highway for 1000km. Now I'm in the city in another province, Manitoba. When stuck in traffic my fuel leans out as much as 17.2:1 and that is making me nervous. I have EFI Live with me but the computer of the truck is locked by the gentleman who tuned it. I purchased a matching computer at the scrap yard and can down load on it but the anti theft on the truck will not let me run. HELP...I would like to get this resolved to get back to the tuners for a reflash and the option of a ecm I can tinker with.:crash:

Any one deal with anti theft or do I have to get a reflash at a dealership? Truck has no warrenty and has been Modified.

Taz
August 18th, 2013, 04:34 AM
Post the tune, as read out, from the replacement ECM - need to confirm compatibility.

If compatible, change the VIN in the new ECM to match the VIN of your truck.

VATS relink then needs to be done (links the ECM and BCM). An internet search should lead you to the instructions for this.

ARC
August 18th, 2013, 08:35 AM
:thumb_yello: Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the new ecm"s tune read by the tuner. Now do I just Delete the vin and add mine and where do I get the bodycode(BCC) or is it the one the tuner is reading: TPLA ? Note I can't read the original ecm its now says locked with a custum tune $0537

One file is the original i have run the truck on to get me to the tuners shop and the second is the used ecm I purchased and attempted to install my tune to run the truck.

Post the tune, as read out, from the replacement ECM - need to confirm compatibility.

If compatible, change the VIN in the new ECM to match the VIN of your truck.

VATS relink then needs to be done (links the ECM and BCM). An internet search should lead you to the instructions for this.

ARC
August 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
:thumb_yello: Thanks for the quick reply. Here is the new ecm"s tune read by the tuner. Now do I just Delete the vin and add mine and where do I get the bodycode(BCC) or is it the one the tuner is reading: TPLA ? Note I can't read the original ecm its now says locked with a custum tune $0537

One file is the original i have run the truck on to get me to the tuners shop and the second is the used ecm I purchased and attempted to install my tune to run the truck.:banana:Thanks TAZ!!!! I have the truck up and running. Now I have to play with the tune to perfect it. This truck is a 2007 yukon Denali with a 6.2l; cammed 156-403 comp cam; kooks 1 7/8 headers; air raid intake(western's says this is a 20hp loss), Throttle body spacer( another restriction ), was going to do throttle body and intake but he say save your time. Super charger is the only mode he likes. I need to do some logs but I'm on a bumpy road of inexperienced so far.

Taz
August 19th, 2013, 12:38 AM
That's a lot of thanks, for me not doing much of anything.

Just took a look at the tune you posted as "E38 from scrap yard" - it is not as would have been originally used - but rather has been modified.

The OS is correct for your application - but I can't comment further without seeing the original (not modified) tune.

Glad to hear you got it running.