PDA

View Full Version : Efi and hp tuners question

Daws222ooo
August 18th, 2013, 03:27 AM
I have a question about tuning with efi live. My PCM was used and previously tuned with hp tuners, I tried reading with efi and it would not let me. It is not locked because I plugged my hp in and it read the file. So my question is how can I rewrite a efi live tune on it. I've read awhile back that if there was a co in either you couldn't switch software unless you put a stock tune back in with the og software. Is this correct and will I have to do a full reflash, I want to put a speed density co newer version operating system 02 and up. Thanks for your help.

minytrker
August 18th, 2013, 06:34 AM
If it has a COS from HPT (2bar, SD, RTT) you will have to flash it back to stock with HPT before you can use EFI Live on it.

Daws222ooo
September 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM
I bought the PCM used and it had a co hp tune in it, so I don't have the stock tune to put back in it. How do I flash a stock tune over a co hp tune. I got a stock tune from the hp site I'm just not sure how to flash over it. I believe I have to buy credits for the co that's in it already then buy credits for the stock tune, is that correct? I would I go about flashing over it? Thanks, Eric

ScarabEpic22
September 11th, 2013, 02:44 PM
You cant do it with EFILive, you need to have it flashed with a HPT cable (unless you can find the original tuner, its going to cost you 2 credits or whatever a shop wants to charge). Im not even sure if you can flash it back to stock with a Tech II or not, Id suggest looking on HPT's forum to see if you can do that.

minytrker
September 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I bought the PCM used and it had a co hp tune in it, so I don't have the stock tune to put back in it. How do I flash a stock tune over a co hp tune. I got a stock tune from the hp site I'm just not sure how to flash over it. I believe I have to buy credits for the co that's in it already then buy credits for the stock tune, is that correct? I would I go about flashing over it? Thanks, Eric

You will have to buy 2 credits for hpt and license a stock tune in order to flash it with hp tuners. Once flashed with HPT with a stock tune you can em use efi on it.