PDA

View Full Version : Build Boost While Staging

vetteboy2k
April 6th, 2006, 06:33 AM
I was wondering if anyone knew a way to build boost while staging at the track. Currently while just using the footbrake all I can muster is 2-5in of vaccum. Getting a measly 1.80 60ft but car pulls hard after that. If I can only get the car to launch harder with some boost off the line I will be able to lower my ET's!!!

I read somewhere about wiring up a relay to the ait sensor to interupt it so the car will read -39 degrees and pulling timing in the lowest area, of the AIT timing table.

I did a test and just pulled the ait sensor saved a file with pulling timing in the ait spark table, and it seemed like the turbos wanted to spool, however right about 0 the car was stumbling and falling on its face.

Any insight fella's?:cheers:

turboberserker
April 6th, 2006, 09:58 AM
If you have a vacuum assist brake set up, you can do the Sy/Ty Shuffle:

1) Put the car in neutral with your foot on the brakes and rev to 4-5000 rpm
2) as the rpms fall press down and the pedal will drop some more as the vacuum shoots up
3) keep the brake firmly pressed and put it in gear -- I can build as much boost as I've tested this way.

jsttry
April 9th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Hard to do that in a manual ;)

turboberserker
April 9th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Hard to do that in a manual ;)

Yep it would be -- good think both VetteBoy and I have autos :D

caver
April 18th, 2006, 05:16 PM
Methinks the new n2o operating system will do the trick for you.
Retard the timing by like 30 deg and dump some fuel. I have seen .5bar boost at 2000rpm on a Sentra turbo doing that.
Not to healthy for the turbo of course

Redline Motorsports
April 24th, 2006, 01:20 PM
What stall converter do you have in the car?

vetteboy2k
April 24th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Its a PRO YANK 3200 EXTREME

So me thinks that I need to throw some more fuel at it when the timing is being pulled, and maybe that will stop the motor from falling on its face and instead create some boost on the staging line.