PDA

View Full Version : Which tables don't affect DIC calcs

Wasted Income
April 6th, 2006, 07:31 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that there was a way to add fuel without throwing off the DIC mpg calcs...am I losing it here, or is there a way to do it?

Thanks guys,
Jeff
:)

McRat
April 6th, 2006, 09:45 AM
You will be very limited as to your HP gains, but if you just modify rail pressure, throttle base, boost and timing, it should have little if any affect on mileage displayed.

However, this is not practical. What you can do is avoid changing the main fueling tables at the mm3 used for cruising on the highway, 40mm3 and less. While it won't be perfect, it should be closer than what you get when you multiply the entire table.

GMPX
April 6th, 2006, 12:42 PM
I am no authority on this, but I would think if you want to modify part throttle response etc then just play with the Throttle table and the DIC will stay accurate, once you need more than 100mm3 then you have to alter the main pulse tables, once you do that the DIC will be off.
Just keep in mind, anytime the injector is open longer (or shorter) by altering the main pulse table you will be out..........Mind you, GM changed it in one of the LLY updates!.

Cheers,
Ross