PDA

View Full Version : Update: Aug 24, 2013

Blacky
August 23rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Download here:

EFILiveV7.5.7.242_Setup.exe (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.242_Setup.exe)
EFILiveV8.2.2.234_Setup.exe (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.234_Setup.exe)

Updates:

V7

[*=1]Fixed V1 not working correctly with the V7.5 software.
[*=1]Fixed DTCs not being displayed by the V7.5 Scan Tool software.
[*=1]Fixed memory leak in the "run script" function

V8

[*=1]Fixed EFILive Control Panel (aka EFILive_HAPI.exe) so that when Windows is shutdown, the control panel software will terminate without preventing Windows from shutting down.
[*=1]Updated custom unit definitions so that they can now be applied to sub PIDs. Fro example the PID WO2S11 has two sub PIDs: EQ_RAT11 and WO2S11V. Those sub PIDs can now have custom units defined for Black Box Logging and Scan Tool display.
[*=1]Added a Ctrl+F2 hot key option to enable/disable mouse control of the chart inspector.
[*=1]Fixed problem that caused some "signed" PIDs to be displayed using an "unsigned" format.
[*=1]Changed display units of all "Fuel Air Equivalence Ratio" PIDs from "EQR" to "Lambda". Fuel Air Equivalence Ratio" is the same as lambda, "Air Fuel Equivalence Ratio" is the inverse of lambda. Note: The EFILive V7.5 Tuning Tool software uses EQRatio to mean "Air Fuel Equivalence Ratio". The change to the PID units was to standardize terminology.

Firmware

[*=1]No significant changes.

Known Issues:
Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

[*=1]No known issues.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 241
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 234
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.06 (Jul 31, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.49 (Aug 02, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)

Duramax 6.6L
August 23rd, 2013, 11:32 PM
Installed

Thank you for the great work

THEFERMANATOR
August 24th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Will this update fix the issue I've had where if I power up my laptop with the V2 connected it won't freeze? I've never reported it in the past as it wasn't an issue so long as I didn't plug my V2 in until windows was started. And is there any ETA until the extra lockup parameters may be added for the ALLISON TCM to allow lockup with higher torque converter slippage?

joecar
August 24th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Paul, thanks for the update.

Blacky
August 24th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Will this update fix the issue I've had where if I power up my laptop with the V2 connected it won't freeze? I've never reported it in the past as it wasn't an issue so long as I didn't plug my V2 in until windows was started. And is there any ETA until the extra lockup parameters may be added for the ALLISON TCM to allow lockup with higher torque converter slippage?

Yes, it fixes the hanging issue.

I don't know the ETA of the calibrations that you are referring to.

Regards
Paul

odd boy
August 29th, 2013, 12:46 AM
most of the time I can't read DTC.....

Blacky
August 29th, 2013, 07:20 AM
most of the time I can't read DTC.....

What error message do you get?

How are you trying to read the DTCs?
- Using the V7.5 pass-thru software, (please generate a "File->Generate error report"after attempting to read DTCs)
- Using the FlashScan V2 in standalone mode, (please save a trace file on FlashScan after attempting to read DTCs and before powering off).

Send files to me at paul@efilive.com with a link to this thread so I know what the files are for.
Also include the code for any DTCs that you expect to be shown but are not shown - if you know what they are.

Regards
Paul

odd boy
August 29th, 2013, 09:33 AM
What error message do you get?

How are you trying to read the DTCs?
- Using the V7.5 pass-thru software, (please generate a "File->Generate error report"after attempting to read DTCs)
- Using the FlashScan V2 in standalone mode, (please save a trace file on FlashScan after attempting to read DTCs and before powering off).

Send files to me at paul@efilive.com with a link to this thread so I know what the files are for.
Also include the code for any DTCs that you expect to be shown but are not shown - if you know what they are.

Regards
Paul

I will do that for you on Saturday, I will try both ways....

Ninety8C5
August 29th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I just downloaded V7.5.7.242 and when I open a .ctz file in the Tune Tool, I get an error message about 'Unrecognized PCM'. This happened for LS1-A, LS1-B and a 2010 Cadillac tune ( I don't know what PCM it uses ).

I went back to build 241 and everything is okay.

minytrker
August 29th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I tried to flash (2) E38'S with V7.5 and they failed each time, they flashed fine with V8.

Blacky
August 29th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I just downloaded V7.5.7.242 and when I open a .ctz file in the Tune Tool, I get an error message about 'Unrecognized PCM'. This happened for LS1-A, LS1-B and a 2010 Cadillac tune ( I don't know what PCM it uses ).

When you installed build 242 did you install it to a different location than where build 241 was installed? Doing that can cause problems if the previous version was not completely uninstalled - including clearing out the EFILive registry settings.

If you go back to build 242 and the same problems exist, check that the appropriate *.calz file exists in the folder (for example LS1B):
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\LS1B

If the *.calz file does not exist, you may need to re-install the software, and/or verify that the folder setup (in the EFILive V7.5 Scan Tool) is pointing to the correct calibrations folder:
(Usually it points to \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations, in the screen shot below, I have the software installed to "D:\EFILive Production", so the *.calz files are located in that folder).

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 29th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I tried to flash (2) E38'S with V7.5 and they failed each time, they flashed fine with V8.

Can you please send me failed V7.5 *.blx trace files, and the successful V8 *.htx trace files?
Include a link to this thread so I know what the files are for.

Thanks
Paul

Ninety8C5
August 29th, 2013, 01:23 PM

I originally installed build 242 on my laptop with Windows 7 when I was getting the error message. I installed build 242 on my PC with Windows XP and everything was okay. I then re-installed build 242 on the laptop and everything works okay (no error message) now. :nixweiss:

easymon
August 30th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Installed this update now csp5 on v2 cant switch tunes asking for password working fine till now tryed several common 1s 0000, 9999, 1234 no go. Thanks

cindy@efilive
August 30th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Installed this update now csp5 on v2 cant switch tunes asking for password working fine till now tryed several common 1s 0000, 9999, 1234 no go. Thanks

We are working on a firmware fix for this.

Cheers
Cindy

jc64
August 30th, 2013, 12:39 PM
EFILive crew,

I am currently running: V7.5 - V7.5.6 build 133 ; V8 - 8.2.2 build 219 ; V2 Boot Block ver 2.07.04 ; Firmware 2.07.35.

My question is, do I have to load all (V7.5, V8, V2-BB, and V2-Fw) the versions from the June 6, 2013 updates before I install the Aug 24, 2013, or can I just jump into the Aug 24 updates?

jc

Blacky
August 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
EFILive crew,

I am currently running: V7.5 - V7.5.6 build 133 ; V8 - 8.2.2 build 219 ; V2 Boot Block ver 2.07.04 ; Firmware 2.07.35.

My question is, do I have to load all (V7.5, V8, V2-BB, and V2-Fw) the versions from the June 6, 2013 updates before I install the Aug 24, 2013, or can I just jump into the Aug 24 updates?

jc

You only ever need to install the most recent version. The most recent version always contains all the previous updates.

Regards
Paul

jc64
August 30th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Thank you much sir.

jc

KDubya
September 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM
Does this update have the timer function in it for 2007.5 Cummins trucks?

cindy@efilive
September 2nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Does this update have the timer function in it for 2007.5 Cummins trucks?

No changes have been made to 6.7L calibration files at this point.

Cheers
Cindy

beav
September 2nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
No changes have been made to 6.7L calibration files at this point.

Cheers
Cindy
Any expected time frame for a 6.7 release?

Ninety8C5
September 4th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Yesterday, I tried to 'Full-Flash' an LS1-A PCM with just the V2 and got an Error message 'Script not found'. I was able to 'Full-Flash' with a laptop and V7. I can 'Cal-Flash' with just the V2. I have the latest builds, bootblock and firmware.

Blacky
September 4th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Yesterday, I tried to 'Full-Flash' an LS1-A PCM with just the V2 and got an Error message 'Script not found'. I was able to 'Full-Flash' with a laptop and V7. I can 'Cal-Flash' with just the V2. I have the latest builds, bootblock and firmware.

LS1A full flashing is not implemented in V8 (yet). I am trying to figure out why. I'm not sure if there is a valid reason or if it has been an oversight since day 1.

Regards
Paul

Ninety8C5
September 4th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I think I full flashed the LS1A with just the V2, but it was awhile ago, so I can't be certain. :nixweiss:

easymon
September 4th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Hows the fix coming along to be able to switch csp5 with out going back to previus version. thanks

cindy@efilive
September 4th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Any expected time frame for a 6.7 release?

I don't, but if you send me a PM with your OS # Ill see what I can do.

Cheers
Cindy

cindy@efilive
September 4th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Hows the fix coming along to be able to switch csp5 with out going back to previus version. thanks

From the CSP thread a day or so ago....

Cheers
Cindy

The CSP updates are all done and firmware synced up with the changes, some testers will get the files this week, probably as early as next week everyone will be able to download the updated files, just hold tight if you can, you'll save yourself a lot of messing around if you do.

beav
September 4th, 2013, 09:16 PM
PM sent.

dr_goodwrench66
September 7th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Does this update include EGR/DPF restrictions for US customers?

Blacky
September 7th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Does this update include EGR/DPF restrictions for US customers?

No not yet, when those options are changed/removed the fact will be identified clearly.
They are scheduled to be removed in the first update following the public release of CSP5 switching.

Regards
Paul

catman3126
September 7th, 2013, 11:35 AM
I went to flash a 6.7 today and I got the error $0502 which is pertaining to the auto cal not being configured correctly. I went to V8 to go though the config again and there screen is blank to config the auto for what controllers I want to be able to read and flash. I had my v2 hooked I have done this one duramaxs with no problems and went to do this on a 6.7 cummins and got the 0502 error message.

Blacky
September 7th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I went to flash a 6.7 today and I got the error $0502 which is pertaining to the auto cal not being configured correctly. I went to V8 to go though the config again and there screen is blank to config the auto for what controllers I want to be able to read and flash. I had my v2 hooked I have done this one duramaxs with no problems and went to do this on a 6.7 cummins and got the 0502 error message.

Just click the [Add] button (the green plus sign) and add the controller(s) that you want to have active on your device.
Once you have all the controllers that you want, click the [Program] button.

Regards
Paul

catman3126
September 7th, 2013, 04:26 PM

Did just that tried it again and it still showing error code. I don't have the vehicle with me now. here is a shot of the Config screen of the auto cal after I did the programming like instructed in V8. is this what it should look like? thanks for the help

Blacky
September 7th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Did just that tried it again and it still showing error code. I don't have the vehicle with me now. here is a shot of the Config screen of the auto cal after I did the programming like instructed in V8. is this what it should look like? thanks for the help

Yes, that looks correct. Can you copy the Options.txt file from the AutoCal to a folder on your PC and then email that Options.txt file to me, thanks.
Make sure it is the exact file that you copy from the AutoCal and not some other Options.txt file that is already on the PC - otherwise it won't help me figure out the problem.

Can you also check the firmware version of your AutoCal is V2.07.49. You can check that on the [Firmware] tab page of the EFILive Explorer program.
If its not, then it is possible you don't have the latest software and/or firmware. You can download and install the latest V7.5 and V8 software here: https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
After installing EFILive V8, run the EFILive Scan and Tune program and click on the [Check Firmware] button to make sure the firmware is up to date.

Regards
Paul

catman3126
September 7th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Yes I'll do it right now. Yep everything is up to date just got these auto cals this week and went through the linking and BB and FW, got it ready what is your email? or just PM it to you on here?

catman3126
September 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM
does this work

Blacky
September 7th, 2013, 06:53 PM
That file is set up correctly.
If the tune file that you are selecting to flash into the CMC is not actually a CMC file, then you will get error $0502. Can you verify that the file you are attempting to flash is actually a CMC tune file?

Regards
Paul

catman3126
September 8th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Aren't all the 6.7's that we can tune a cmc? I'm using a 08' clean tune file and the vehicle is a 09' 6.7 with a build date of 10/08'

catman3126
September 9th, 2013, 02:49 PM
any help on this? not sure what to try next.

beav
September 9th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Aren't all the 6.7's that we can tune a cmc? I'm using a 08' clean tune file and the vehicle is a 09' 6.7 with a build date of 10/08'

Should be CM2100.

WyoFreeride
September 10th, 2013, 03:05 AM
CM849 Controller = CMB in EFILive = '06-'07 5.9L ECM

CM2100 Controller = CMC in EFILive = '07.5 - '09 6.7L ECM

catman3126
September 10th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Thanks yeahi almost never tune CMB its always CMC so i didn't make this mistake. I guess I just won't be able to tune this one for some reason.

Blacky
September 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM
any help on this? not sure what to try next.

Can you send me the file you are trying to flash into the truck?
Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

catman3126
September 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Yep I will send it to you in 3 hours when I get back to the shop. do you want it saved for remote flashing like the one I was using? or the one that I made when building the tune before saving it for remote flashing?

Blacky
September 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Yep I will send it to you in 3 hours when I get back to the shop. do you want it saved for remote flashing like the one I was using? or the one that I made when building the tune before saving it for remote flashing?

Can you send the exact file that you were trying to flash when you got the error.

Regards
Paul

catman3126
September 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Will do thanks

catman3126
September 10th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Email sent

Blacky
September 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
While testing I got the $0502 error as well. Until I realized....

The CMB 5.9 and CMC 6.7 do not support cal-flashing, they only support full-flashing.
You must select one of the "Full" options, instead of the "Prog" options. The Prog options are for cal-flashing only.

The 5 "Prog" options are listed first followed by the 5 "Full" options, you need to scroll down past the "Prog" options until you get to the "Full" options.

Regards
Paul

catman3126
September 11th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Yep I was using "full" flash because thats the only way we can flash them. I have always used full flash.

I know for a fact I was using full flash because I was showing the guy that he had to scroll through the PROG and use the FULL while he was standing right there and he saw the error code on the screen.

ace68
September 12th, 2013, 07:15 PM
can not start software on my desktop either scan or tunesame error message

C:\Users\TONY\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt(58): Units /(displacement()*{SAE.RPM}*{SAE.MAP.kPa})*{CALC.LTF TBEN}" not found. .

joecar
September 13th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Post your calc_pids.txt file here.

dazzak75
September 15th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Hi All,

I used my V2 to log some data on Friday without any issues, when I went and plugged the V2 into my Laptop it asked for Firmware to be upgraded, which I did, as the V2 hasn't been used for some time. I upgraded the Book Block to 2.07.06 and Firmware to 2.07.49 as it came up in the upgrade window, now when I plug my V2 into my laptop or into my car (E38) it comes up with Error $0482, I can't return to a prior version of the firmware to try and resolve the issue, how do I get it working again as I can't do anything at all with it in relation to tuning or logging data.

Cheers

dazzak75
September 15th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Fixed the issue, found another thread on here and followed what was outlined,

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22683-Error-0482&highlight=Error+%240482

Cheers

Blacky
September 15th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Email sent

I never received your email. Could you please resend it to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

ace68
September 16th, 2013, 01:28 AM
can not start software on my desktop either scan or tunesame error message

C:\Users\TONY\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\calc_pids.txt(58): Units /(displacement()*{SAE.RPM}*{SAE.MAP.kPa})*{CALC.LTF TBEN}" not found. .

# ================================================== ============================
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.
*FILE
#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section
*UNITS
#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------
None None "" "No units"

# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------- -------- -------- -------- --------------------------------------------------------------
*CLC-00-001
% -25.0 25.0 .2 "({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT2})/2"
*CLC-00-002
factor 0.5 1.5 .4 "({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT2})/200+1"
*CLC-00-003
% 0.0 100.0 .2 "{SAE.MAF.gps}*({GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA.C}+273.15)*3445.2
/(displacement()*{SAE.RPM}*{SAE.MAP.kPa})*{CALC.LTF TBEN}"
VE 0.0 3.0 .4 "{SAE.MAF.gps}*({GM.DYNAIRTMP_DMA.C}+273.15)*15
/({SAE.RPM}*{SAE.MAP.kPa})*{CALC.LTFTBEN}"
*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
##
Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#--------------------------- ------- ------------------ --------------- ------------------ -----------------------------------
CALC.LTFT F001 CLC-00-001 % Tuning "LTFT Average"
CALC.LTFTBEN F002 CLC-00-002 factor Tuning "LTFT BEN"
CALC.VE_Table F003 CLC-00-003 % Tuning "CALC VE Table"

catman3126
September 16th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Sent again from a different email this time. let me know if you get them thanks.

ace68
September 16th, 2013, 01:38 AM
durrr I fixed it, I did an uninstall again but this time I checked to see if the folder efilive 7.5 was removed and it was not so I deleted that and then reinstalled and that did it I am all set thanks.

slows10
September 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM
I just purchased a newer laptop. Installed the newest. V7 software v7.5.7 build 241 V8 software v8.2.2 build 234 Bootblock V2.07.06 july 31,2013. Firmware V2.07.49 Aug 02 2013. Went fine. The problem is my firmware says Aug 02, 2023. Is that correct Why am I at 2023 on my flashscan when the date should be 2013. Again my firmware now reads V2.07.49 Aug 02, 2023 ???

Blacky
September 16th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I just purchased a newer laptop. Installed the newest. V7 software v7.5.7 build 241 V8 software v8.2.2 build 234 Bootblock V2.07.06 july 31,2013. Firmware V2.07.49 Aug 02 2013. Went fine. The problem is my firmware says Aug 02, 2023. Is that correct Why am I at 2023 on my flashscan when the date should be 2013. Again my firmware now reads V2.07.49 Aug 02, 2023 ???

It is just a typing error in that firmware version, it should be 2013, not 2023.
Thanks for pointing it out, I will correct it in the next firmware update.

Regars
Paul

slows10
September 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
ok thanks