PDA

View Full Version : Fixed fuse blowing but loaded a tune while fuse was blown unknowingly...now nothing

sac811
August 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Basically it seems as if I loaded a partial tune or something because it says low fuel and show red battery in message board. Wont start.

Go to load in same tune again and says no information (basically nothing to erase), and wont load tune.

1999 GMC Sierra 1500 lq9 swap.

How do I proceed forward?

Blacky
August 25th, 2013, 01:23 PM
First thing to try is to upgrade to the latest release and try reading the controller. If the controller is not dead then it can still be read, even if it only has a partial flash in it. That will tell you whether or not the controller is dead or not. If it can be read (i.e. its not dead then try flashing it again with the latest software.

We just released the latest software on our web site here: http://www.efilive.com/
Download and install both the V7.5 and V8 packages. Then run the V8 Scan and Tune package and click on the [Check Firmware] to upgrade the firmware in your FlashScan/AutoCal V2 device.

If, after updating the software and firmware you still cannot read the controller using the V8 software, please locate the trace file of the read attempt (which is created automatically) in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace. Send the trace file to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul