PDA

View Full Version : 512 G/sec limitation?

IJ.
August 25th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Ran into this fairly hard on the dyno today, Tune is already scaled for the 980cc Injectors and I run a 4" Lingenfelter MAF, with HP I had the option to run an OS with 1024G/sec do we have anything like that?

tia Ian J

joecar
August 25th, 2013, 09:04 PM
What PCM do you have...?

IJ.
August 25th, 2013, 09:13 PM
E38 Joe

swingtan
August 25th, 2013, 10:05 PM
I've been trying to work out if a compatible OS has a higher limit, but I don't think there is one. You may need to scale the MAF and injectors, still thinking of options though....

IJ.
August 25th, 2013, 10:49 PM
I've been trying to work out if a compatible OS has a higher limit, but I don't think there is one. You may need to scale the MAF and injectors, still thinking of options though....

Luis has been helping me out Simon, I think we have it sorted, will see how it behaves, as you know this car is very fussy about OS's and Modules, can't even do an SD tune as it loses TRAC totally...

GMPX
August 26th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Use the TCS patches to fix that issue.

IJ.
August 26th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Use the TCS patches to fix that issue.
Thanks Ross, does this address the 512g/sec limit issue or the run in SD issue?

I'd prefer to keep my MAF if possible and have rescaled to get me back under the 512.

ScarabEpic22
August 26th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Thanks Ross, does this address the 512g/sec limit issue or the run in SD issue?

I'd prefer to keep my MAF if possible and have rescaled to get me back under the 512.

Just the TCS in SD issue, there isnt a 512g/s patch unfortunately.

IJ.
August 26th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Just the TCS in SD issue, there isnt a 512g/s patch unfortunately.
Thanks Erik, rescaled it all so am under the limit again for now ;)

ScarabEpic22
August 27th, 2013, 03:21 AM

Good stuff! :D

IJ.
August 30th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Bzzz "for now" was 2 days... can't rescale anymore as it's all getting very ugly, got the Patches to work finally I'm thinking the older software I tried with last time was the issue, didn't really do anything different this time and it's now functional in SD, Is there any chance of an OS with a 1024 G/Sec MAF scale Ross?

ScarabEpic22
September 3rd, 2013, 03:00 AM
How much did you scale your tune Ian? If Im going to go through the hassle of scaling a tune, usually Ill do 50% simply to make all the math easier.

IJ.
September 3rd, 2013, 08:16 AM
How much did you scale your tune Ian? If Im going to go through the hassle of scaling a tune, usually Ill do 50% simply to make all the math easier.

x .595 Erik, that was closest to the Injector Data Supplied.

J.Abbott
September 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ran into this fairly hard on the dyno today, Tune is already scaled for the 980cc Injectors and I run a 4" Lingenfelter MAF, with HP I had the option to run an OS with 1024G/sec do we have anything like that?

tia Ian J

Wait, so how did you scale for injectors and not your MAF at the same time? That means you should have 1024g/s pm on the MAF is scaled @50%. The 4" MAF should slow it down even more.

GMPX
September 15th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Is there any chance of an OS with a 1024 G/Sec MAF scale Ross?
If so it would not be for a while, probably not even this year.

IJ.
September 15th, 2013, 03:13 PM

Thanks Ross, I'll just work on the SD tune then.

IJ.
September 15th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Wait, so how did you scale for injectors and not your MAF at the same time? That means you should have 1024g/s pm on the MAF is scaled @50%. The 4" MAF should slow it down even more.

Blown 402Ci, scaling it anymore than it was I lost resolution and it ran like a pig...

J.Abbott
September 15th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Scaling is not easy, you have to go through timing tables and all kinds of stuff, but if you did it right the car should be running ok.
I don't have any issues with any of our SC cars and most of them are scaled between 50 and 75%. You do lose resolution which means the data has to be dead on that you do have. Just keep working on it, you'll get it.

IJ.
September 15th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Scaling is not easy, you have to go through timing tables and all kinds of stuff, but if you did it right the car should be running ok.
I don't have any issues with any of our SC cars and most of them are scaled between 50 and 75%. You do lose resolution which means the data has to be dead on that you do have. Just keep working on it, you'll get it.

I found with my combination I had to scale it another 40% on top of the 60% I'd already applied for the larger injectors and it all just got ugly really quickly from there with so much of the rest of the vehicle operation dependant on the scaled tune, mine is an early E-38 car and I don't really have much choice in the OS I can run, as mentioned when I had HP Tuners with the 1024 G/sec MAF in their COS I was able to get it to run nicely in blended operation.

At the suggestion of a couple of the local Guru's I've gone to SD and am making some progress on the tune at last and have just accepted that the MAF wasn't going to give an acceptable result given the limitations.

This is why I asked Ross if there was any chance of an update to the current OS but as he's replied "probably not this year" I'll just push forward with the SD tune.

J.Abbott
September 16th, 2013, 01:01 AM
I found with my combination I had to scale it another 40% on top of the 60% I'd already applied for the larger injectors and it all just got ugly really quickly from there with so much of the rest of the vehicle operation dependant on the scaled tune, mine is an early E-38 car and I don't really have much choice in the OS I can run, as mentioned when I had HP Tuners with the 1024 G/sec MAF in their COS I was able to get it to run nicely in blended operation.

At the suggestion of a couple of the local Guru's I've gone to SD and am making some progress on the tune at last and have just accepted that the MAF wasn't going to give an acceptable result given the limitations.

This is why I asked Ross if there was any chance of an update to the current OS but as he's replied "probably not this year" I'll just push forward with the SD tune.

Actually I am not following you. If you take your stock Cal and you scale it by 50% that means that you now have 1024 g/s of MAF and you are capable of running your fuel injector to 15.999 g/s. That should be way more than needed to support a blown 402. Redline has 07 ZO6 running a 430+ motor with a ton of boost on a car that makes over 1000hp with a E38. The MAF is very capable of handling whatever you need, if you are running out of MAF table at 1024 g/s then you must be making massive boost. My 06 with a 366 and 10lbs of boost was only in the low 600 g/s of air. Go to a larger MAF housing if you have too, but I would not get rid of it.

IJ.
September 16th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I'll post some files and logs when I get home next week, I'm a bit of a newbie at all this and may be "doing it wrong" ;)

Thanks for taking an interest!
(I'd really like to get the MAF working as it does seem to drive nicer on it than SD and I live at 500M altitude)

ringram
October 11th, 2013, 10:04 AM
The earlier ECU's onlu 8g/sec injector and 512g/sec airflow...

SD might be "cleaner" to tune. The VVE ends up eating the corrections. I just scaled 60lb siemens injectors to fit at 8g/sec at the top and messed with the VE for the missing 15% or so.
Seems fine. Ive done 40,000 miles in it anyway.

ringram
October 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Dude dont start with the 500M altitude. An SD tune is not adversely impacted by altitude.

IJ.
October 11th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Bosch 94Lb injectors, I have a few issues with the open diff in the Transfer Case, once that's sorted I'll get back to tuning this thing.

Don't understand what you mean by "Dude dont start with the 500M altitude." I just mentioned it in case it has an impact on what I'm doing..

IJ.
February 16th, 2014, 03:01 PM
It's next year any hope for this request Ross?

If possible it's for OS 12607218 thanks, failing that is there another compatible OS with a higher limit?

The Dash Scaler in HPT while correcting the Instant fuel readout messes up the DTE one...

Ian J