PDA

View Full Version : Uhhhh, I think I might have disabled torque management.... lol

DoghouseDiesel
August 25th, 2013, 11:25 PM
http://youtu.be/YOpv96EBJ_A

2007 5.9
August 25th, 2013, 11:52 PM
That's awesome.

I cringe every time I hear that distinct "Rattle"

DoghouseDiesel
August 26th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Yeah, I was a little too deep into the throttle spooling it. There's a sweet spot that doesn't toss too much fuel at it, but still gives enough heat that it doesn't snuff the motor when I bump the nitrous.

AdamRRT
August 26th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Dude. That thing launches like a wet dream. That's just amazing.

JSBREESE
August 26th, 2013, 04:53 AM
[QUOTE=2007 5.9;196538]That's awesome.

X2

Wheelz
August 26th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Nice work. Glad to see it moving. Would love some pics of the engine

ScarabEpic22
August 26th, 2013, 05:06 PM
That's awesome.

I cringe every time I hear that distinct "Rattle"

I read your comment before watching the video Les, I cringed too!

Rich, that's friggin' awesome man! I loved the photographer dying as well, helps out a ton! :D

I *think* you might need some DRs for it? Maybe? :music_whistling_1:

DoghouseDiesel
August 26th, 2013, 07:26 PM
I have radials for it, they just weren't on this weekend. Last time I was up at Garmon's swapping in the new fat shaft trans, we were running the truck in the street class, which required hard tires, and we were in a rush to get the trans in, get the truck on the dyno, get Rick comfortable in the seat, and get loaded up, that I forgot the radials at the shop before we headed out. Between school / work I haven't had a chance to run up there and grab the tires, so it was on the Toyo's. they did good up until around 1200 hp, now it's just way too much for them.

IJ.
August 26th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Speechless! :thumb_yello:

Cummins610
August 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Pull fuel and timing in the spool area man. No need to look like Smarty tuning.

DoghouseDiesel
August 28th, 2013, 09:05 AM
You obviously have no idea how this truck is setup. Get back in the bleachers.

comnrailpwr
August 28th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Pull fuel and timing in the spool area man. No need to look like Smarty tuning.

Wow

DoghouseDiesel
August 28th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Wow

Maybe I should let him tune it and see if it'll even run.

:mrgreen:

comnrailpwr
August 28th, 2013, 10:01 AM
I bet you would have a bad a$$ lope tune. Heck, you could probably even get him to install a smoke switch.

Cummins610
August 28th, 2013, 10:07 AM
You obviously have no idea how this truck is setup. Get back in the bleachers.

Guess I came off a bit rough, didn't mean it as a shot to you personally just a note to other tuners with trucks that behave like this spooling, there is more that can be done.
It's a cool video and all but you blew off street tires on a prepped track, you can do that with a stock truck in 2wd with a edge juice, I know, I've been there, in 2005.

anarchydiesel
August 28th, 2013, 10:34 AM
There is a big difference between blowing the tires off in 2wd on the line and doing a 4wd burnout for half of the track. I am pretty sure that you can see daylight through Rich's injector nozzles, so all things considered it did pretty good. Trying to spool a very large single requires a little nitrous, nitrous needs a little extra fuel thus it is a little smoky until the spray came in and lit the charger. If Rich thinks it needs cleaned up to fit his needs he is very capable of doing that. I am not trying to speak for Rich and he can tell me if I am wrong but this aint no daily driver with a edge juice.

Cummins610
August 28th, 2013, 10:40 AM
There is a big difference between blowing the tires off in 2wd on the line and doing a 4wd burnout for half of the track. I am pretty sure that you can see daylight through Rich's injector nozzles, so all things considered it did pretty good. Trying to spool a very large single requires a little nitrous, nitrous needs a little extra fuel thus it is a little smoky until the spray came in and lit the charger. If Rich thinks it needs cleaned up to fit his needs he is very capable of doing that. I am not trying to speak for Rich and he can tell me if I am wrong but this aint no daily driver with a edge juice.

Totally agree with you, my single experience comes with a standalone controller and 350%++ over injectors.

2007 5.9
August 28th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Totally agree with you, my single experience comes with a standalone controller and 350%++ over injectors.

Is this so....

Cummins610
August 28th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Is this so....

I don't understand

2007 5.9
August 28th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Just curious on the build?

Cummins610
August 28th, 2013, 11:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTn1dmpSfEA&sns=em

I lied about the injectors, 300% overs were in 2010. Can't specify on the current set. Double is probably a understatement

2007 5.9
August 28th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Very nice

Cummins610
August 28th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Single 90ish mm turbo and stock bore 5.9. 1700 stall converter. Not my truck, I'm just there every step of the way.

DoghouseDiesel
August 28th, 2013, 12:14 PM
This guys a gem. One of those "top secret" motor builds. Can't specify this, can't specify that, secret ninja squirrels with parts that are TS/SCI.... true internet gems.

There is a certain level of credibility that you're lacking and posting videos of someone else truck doesn't provide you an increase in that credibility. Like I said, get back in the bleachers.

Cummins610
August 28th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Wow I don't know what to tell you, but the truth is in the pudding. If you need to resort to childish comments that's not how I do business. I'm more then happy to give out information to help people out, but not to people with no respect like yourself.

Sorry my post count to credibility ratio is not to your satisfaction.

DoghouseDiesel
August 28th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I don't give a rat's about your post count, I give credibility to quantifiable info, which you lack. I treat folks how they act and you simply fit the profile of the rest of the "secret squirrels". It's like going to a bar outside a Navy base, you'd never believe how many "Navy Seals" there are in the place.

And next time, try to keep up and pay attention......you might want to take a second look at exactly which tires blew off first, and keep in mind these "street tires" have made better 60's than a few stickies. Which brings me back to my original statement......you might want to understand the setup before making suggestions. I ain't the kid that gives respect based on someone posting video's of some other guys truck. I have a few people that have been there every step of the way too.....usually they're just emptying the beer fridge.

Cummins610
August 28th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I don't really know where you are going with the street tires and 60' times, but the best 60 I have done driving the truck in the link has been a 1.43. Are you saying we should switch to "street" tires?

I drink spiced rum btw.

DoghouseDiesel
August 28th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Alright, done playing silly games, got better ish to do.

Cummins610
August 28th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Me too, don't get discouraged from this thread though, if this was 5 years ago i would have watched your video 100 times so far and would have been dreaming of having a truck perform like that.

Jade

JSBREESE
August 29th, 2013, 12:56 AM
:blahblah:

Rich and or Les is more than welcome to tune on my truck any day of the week

Turbo_Mike
September 3rd, 2013, 04:06 AM
Wow I don't know what to tell you, but the truth is in the pudding. If you need to resort to childish comments that's not how I do business. I'm more then happy to give out information to help people out, but not to people with no respect like yourself.

Sorry my post count to credibility ratio is not to your satisfaction.

You mean "the proof is in the pudding"? Didnt even get that part right lol

AdamRRT
September 3rd, 2013, 04:16 AM
Wow.

comnrailpwr
September 3rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
:thumbdown:

nevinsb
September 4th, 2013, 03:28 AM
It was a great video.

Turbo_Mike
September 5th, 2013, 12:43 AM
It was a great video.

Agreed. I was quite impressed. Zero wheel hop, steering stayed pretty on track, and the truck still went amazingly well even though it was absolutely blowing the tires off. Awesome video.

dodgeram5-92500
October 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
that video was so friggin awesome, yes I argee with the other fellas you and les can work on my truck anytime