PDA

View Full Version : 2002 silverado calc ve log help

johnj
September 2nd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Well Im in the process of tryin to get my own swap runnin and a friend of mine has been buggin me about putn a tune on his truck. So I broke down with the long weekend and started to do a calc ve. I have never done one before so I followed the sticky and the tutorial the best I could. Well after getting the pids selected I wasn't able to get one of the calc ve pids to come up. We went out and drove it around for a while and put it through about every situation we could think of to fill the maps. My problem is we got quite a bit of data and when I click on the avg cells box on the map page it goes to 0 and the maf map goes to all 1s. If some one wants to take a look at this log and see what im not doing right of if I need drive the truck some more. Thanks in advance 15761

joecar
September 2nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
Which pid did not come up, did it have a red X thru it (on the PIDs tab)...?

If so, then on that pid (on the PIDs tab) do rightclick->More-Info and see which other pids it requires... select these other pids and repeat the process.

johnj
September 2nd, 2013, 11:00 PM
It never came up as a choice I believe it was calc.ltft. Ok ill try it again and see what the deal was

joecar
September 3rd, 2013, 03:49 AM
CALC.LTFTBEN and CALC.LTFT depend on SAE.LONGFT1 and SAE.LONGFT2.

( CALC.LTFT is not needed )

johnj
September 3rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
OK I was just following the tutorial. How long do you think I should log it for did the log seem long enough. Should that amount of data get me what I need to do a calc ve

ACCLR8N
September 3rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
I was told it takes a 40 minute drive to get good data. I have found this to be true ignoring the first 25 minutes to get the final fine tuning done. What you have is plenty to get in the ballpark.

Wheelz
September 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM
Once I got mine close, I setup a driving tune I could log on road trips and such. Then I figured out what pids my calc pids needed and log them only using my v2. Doing that, my cruise part is usually within 1% of 1.0 lambda.

But for getting it close I would set my laptop up in the passenger seat to monitor the map and try to get at least 25 hits in each cell. I wanted 50, but sometimes id give up on the hard cells to get too.

Do remember, you can never have too much data!!

johnj
September 3rd, 2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate all the help. Would any of yall mind posting up your pid file so that way I can be sure I got all the right things..

ACCLR8N
September 5th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Sorry, mine is for an E40 LS2. I don't think it will do you any good.