PDA

View Full Version : Power Enrichment and Boost VE

frdstang93
September 4th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Hello all,

I am new to tuning and currently working on a LS swapped foxbody with a 67mm turbo. I have combed through forums and followed many tutorials. Currently I am going through the AutoVE process to get my main VE dialed in and so far so good. Right now I am nowhere near having the boosting part of it figured out, I am running OS 3 with no MAF and a 3 bar GM map. I am confused on the Power Enrichment and the Boost VE table, should they be run in tandem or is there a way to turn the PE off.

Thank you,
Josh

joecar
September 5th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Main VE and Boost VE provide cylinder airmass (not fuel).

OLFA and PE provide fuel to go with that airmass.

People are doing this: use OL fueling to command NA fuel, and use PE to command boost fuel (by using the PE MAP threshold)...

i.e.
set to run OL;
set OLFA to be suitably rich for NA in the higher MAP columns;
set PE MAP threshold beyond 105 kPa;
set PE to be suitably rich for boost for the whole rpm range;
(also set PE throttle threshold to easily trigger).

frdstang93
September 5th, 2013, 06:46 AM
Thank you for the quick response joecar, I was planning on running CL in the NA ranges after I fished AutoVE. Under boost the software switches to the Boost VE and goes into OL automatically, correct?

joecar
September 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Thank you for the quick response joecar, I was planning on running CL in the NA ranges after I fished AutoVE. Under boost the software switches to the Boost VE and goes into OL automatically, correct?It does not necessarily go into OL...

if the commanded fuel is away from stoich then it will be in a OL-like mode (altho it will still be adding positive trims, it is in a CL-like mode with last positive trim)...

when running in CL the OLFA table never becomes active, even when PE enables... when PE enables any positive trim is added (and stays in a CL-like mode).

If you're running CL then you can't follow what was suggested above (in post #2)... instead you'll have to make sure the PE MAP threshold is inside the NA range (since the OLFA table will not become active)... be careful do not run lean at load/boost.

frdstang93
October 1st, 2013, 03:01 PM
Thank you, I set everything up like you recommended in post 2 and the car is running a lot better now. I am now having issues with the KR pid showing 1.9 in high rpms, any ideas?

joecar
October 1st, 2013, 08:24 PM
Post log file.

frdstang93
October 2nd, 2013, 12:17 AM

frdstang93
October 2nd, 2013, 12:18 AM
Here it is, thank you

joecar
October 2nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
Looks like:
- knock sensor and/or subharness problem;
- other noise.

frdstang93
October 2nd, 2013, 12:34 PM
That sucks, it has brand new knock sensors in it, I am getting a low frequency knock sensor code bank 1 P0327. Is there a way to reduce the sensitivity of the sensors? And is there a reason the KR pid stays static at 1.9 degrees when its actually pulling more timing than that?

frdstang93
October 6th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Just to follow up Joecar, you were right on the money. I replaced the knock sensors and sub-harness, problem solved. Thank you for the help.

joecar
October 6th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks, glad you got it fixed :cheers: