PDA

View Full Version : Calc VET Again

pormgb
September 7th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Just completed modding my LS6 to pass CA smog, I added 243 heads, CAT's and the rest of the smog stuff.

I have used a base LS6 tune and want to use CALV.VET to correct my MAF and VE table, I have gone through the CALV.VET tutorial and made the necessary changes to my current tune.

After a run today, CALC.VET produced some numbers that created a very high area in my VE table, there are also quite a few spikes that can be due to not running the motor enough at those values.

Does this map look OK?

I have also posted the results on my VE table, CALC.VET produces a pretty good MAF table.

- 2002 LS6 with 226/229 575/585 116 LSA CAM
- 85MM MAF
- Innovate LM1 Wideband
- SVO 30lb Injectors (IFR Calculated)

I have done CALC.VET before and it worked well, I am just looking figure out if I am still doing something wrong.

joecar
September 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Try this: set VE units to g*K/kPa in the tunetool, and in the scantool change you VET map Data tab to use g*K/kPa...

meanwhile I'll try your log to see what results I get.

joecar
September 7th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Please note: we've had several emergencies with out family pets, so I'm running behind and distracted, and I do apologize.

pormgb
September 7th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Try this: set VE units to g*K/kPa in the tunetool, and in the scantool change you VET map Data tab to use g*K/kPa...

meanwhile I'll try your log to see what results I get.

Yep, units are kPa in the tool and g*K/kPa in the VET map.

I took a look at CALC VET Summary notes and viewed how to copy and paste tutorial, that tutorial uses copy and fill with labels vs copy with labels.

I used copy and fill with labels and here is the result, it looks much better to me, does this look correct?

joecar
September 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Ok, the problem is this:

your VE tables shown above have % units (see upper right of tunetool VE display), but your map is displayed in g*K/kPa units

( are doing a paste-multiply...? )

No, do a straight paste-with-labels (no multiplying, no filling).

pormgb
September 8th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Ok, the problem is this:

your VE tables shown above have % units (see upper right of tunetool VE display), but your map is displayed in g*K/kPa units

No, do a straight paste-with-labe
ls (no multiplying, no filling).

Ok,

Yes, both times I used paste-multiply with labels.

With my VE displaying % and the map showing g*K/kPa, Is this the correct sequence;

1) copy and fill with labels
2) paste-with-labels

How are the VE table units changed (% to g*K/kPa)?

pormgb
September 8th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Ok, the problem is this:

No, do a straight paste-with-labels (no multiplying, no filling).

OK, I think I got it!!

I changed the map data to calculated VE, BEN corrected [%] and now the map shows the correct units. I then copied with labels then pasted with labels to the VE table.

Here is the result;