PDA

View Full Version : Wierd problem on startup today

Joel_SS
April 7th, 2006, 03:49 AM
All, I just upgraded my OS last week to a 2002 (12212156) and the car has been running fine. Although this morning something really weird happened. I went to start the car up and it fired up and immediately died. So I went to start it again it fired and then the tach and speedo both shot up to 7000rpm and 150mph respectively. The car started and the tach and speedo dropped back to their off positions, and then a few seconds later they camr back on and started reading normally. So I put the car in "D" and when I gave it some gas and it nearly died and just fell on its face. It was idleing fine though. It did this a few more times, but once it warmed up it drove just fine.. Any ideas?

Car is a 1999 Camaro SS A4 226/234 112 cam TCI 3500 stall

TAQuickness
April 7th, 2006, 05:49 AM
I've seen a few threads on this topic on www.ls1tech.com. I don't recall what the cause of the problem was though. Mine does weird stuff like that @ WOT

SSpdDmon
April 7th, 2006, 06:55 AM
I'd check your wiring to make sure everything is connected tight and the battery has a good ground contact.

1morews6
April 8th, 2006, 02:16 PM
I know what it is :-) The 99s (I own one) had a over sensitive dash panel that would react to voltage issues. In 99% of the cases of this it turns out the be a battery starting to go south, I swapped to a new battery and the problem has not happend again in 2 years.

bink
April 9th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Mine does weird stuff like that @ WOT

That's magnetic interference from the Flux capacitor.

joecar
April 9th, 2006, 04:47 PM
That's magnetic interference from the Flux capacitor.
You mean he's running an unshielded FC...? :bash:
:cheers:

TAQuickness
April 9th, 2006, 09:53 PM
You mean he's running an unshielded FC...? :bash:

I was told I couldn't because of the whole space time continuum thing...

dfe1
April 10th, 2006, 12:34 PM
I was told I couldn't because of the whole space time continuum thing... That's only for flux capacitors of 2.0 jiggawatts and higher

joecar
April 10th, 2006, 12:38 PM
So without a shield it rips a hole in space-time if you're running more than 2.0 JW...? LOL.... :cheers:
Can we use the hole for time travel, get zero (or negative) 1/4 mile times...? LOL... :cheers:

Edit: Sorry we didn't mean to hack up your thread... :bash:

dfe1
April 10th, 2006, 01:24 PM
So without a shield it rips a hole in space-time if you're running more than 2.0 JW...? LOL.... :cheers:

It's obvious you don't realize the gravity of the situation. As Doc Brown once said, "This is some serious shit".

turboberserker
April 10th, 2006, 04:39 PM
That's a complete myth. My brother's cousin's girlfriend's Dad's brother's friend runs 2.2 jigs unshielded and has never ripped a hole in space-time. It's all in the tune!

joecar
April 10th, 2006, 06:41 PM
It's obvious you don't realize the gravity of the situation. As Doc Brown once said, "This is some serious shit". You're right, mass bends space-time which causes gravity
Doc Brown also summed up the situation nicely by saying "Great Scott".

joecar
April 10th, 2006, 06:43 PM
That's a complete myth. My brother's cousin's girlfriend's Dad's brother's friend runs 2.2 jigs unshielded and has never ripped a hole in space-time. It's all in the tune! Getting the tune right, I agree that's what it's all about. :cheers:

joecar
April 10th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Sorry Joel, we seriously broke your thread, I apologize on behalf of everyone, if they let me.

TAQuickness
April 10th, 2006, 08:28 PM
"This is heavy..."

Guy's, I think we are over looking one major little detail. Very little testing has been done with a flux capcitor and resonance coupled plasma discharges. I would rather err on the side of caution and stick with my -10 second 1/4's

SSpdDmon
April 11th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Hey buttheads....why don't ya make like a tree....and get outta here!

TAQuickness
April 11th, 2006, 05:00 AM
"that's almost as funny as a screen door on a battle ship"

dfe1
April 11th, 2006, 05:51 AM
Hey buttheads....why don't ya make like a tree....and get outta here!
We're going to because, "We really hate manure."

bink
April 13th, 2006, 01:58 PM
I originally had the intention to say "Hey!!" to Joel SS. It's not often that I see another Joel. :mrgreen:
But, a smart ass comment shot through my brain...I posted it...and I forgot to say - "HEY!! My name is Joel. too!"
So......
Welcome to the Forum Joel...sorry about the comment.

joel