PDA

View Full Version : Vs V8 Series 3

limited cv8r
September 8th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Having trouble connecting to VS Series 3 V8 ute, tried Vs xml, Vt xml, no luck,same laptop and moates cable Ive always used for other vehicles, any tips or tricks for this PCM?

Blacky
September 9th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Having trouble connecting to VS Series 3 V8 ute, tried Vs xml, Vt xml, no luck,same laptop and moates cable Ive always used for other vehicles, any tips or tricks for this PCM?

Does it have a modified EEPROM chip?
I have heard that some modified EEPROM chips prevent the ALDL functioning properly. I do not know that first hand, I've just heard that it can happen.

Regards
Paul

limited cv8r
September 9th, 2013, 12:09 PM
It did have a kalmaker chip in it which I thought may have been the problem so I burnt a standard chip to try in its place to see if I could get V4 to work. It made no difference.

limited cv8r
September 9th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Ok,tried a hannatech ultrascan, would not connect to vehicle with VS V8 selected, but would connect with VT V8. I know the series 3 VS V8's were like a bastard child from holden somewhere between VS & VT. Using V4 & VT XML, I seem to get a flicker of data show on gauge screen maybe once every 20-30 seconds,but so quick you only just get to see needles or display change.

Blacky
September 9th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Turn on "View->Serial IO" and then try to start the ALDL logging, let it run for about 5-10 seconds then stop it.
Copy/paste the text from the [Macros (F6)] tab page into this thread...
I may be able to see what is happening.

Regards
Paul

limited cv8r
September 9th, 2013, 03:07 PM
XML & text file of data attached as I recieved message "to many characters" when trying to post reply.
VS V8, VT V8 & VT V8 with chatter turned off where I seem to get data flicker.

Blacky
September 10th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Have you tried setting the Edit->Properties-?MAx232 echo flag?

That flag determines if the EFILive software expects to see its own commands that it sends to the PCM "echoed" back by the interface cable. That appears to be happening because you can see the command being read back again by the EFILive software. I assume that setting is currently off because it is processing the echo as the data from the vehicle. It should be discarding the echo, then waiting for the actual data from the vehicle and processing that.

Regards
Paul

limited cv8r
September 10th, 2013, 11:46 AM
I do not have this vehicle anymore at the moment,had to give it back. Would of been good to have got this working. I did try setting the max echo and it did not help from memory. I will see this vehicle again in the future,just not sure when.