PDA

View Full Version : E40 2 Bar COS scanner to tune PID link issue

mowton
September 10th, 2013, 10:03 PM
As stated above, I am having a problem with the E40 GM.APCYL_E40_DMA link in the spark table to the Scan? Interestingly, the BEN value seems to be linked????? The Runway follows the BEN factor to the tee. See the attached screen shot.

The setup is a SC'd 427, SD, no MAF and E85.

Any ideas

Thanks

Ed M

ScarabEpic22
September 11th, 2013, 03:25 AM
What are the units set to display in the Scan tool for that PID and what do you have the Tune tool units set to? If they're not the same (i.e. metric/metric or imperial/imperial), the tracking will be weird and not work correctly.

Worst case open up the cal_link for the E40 and look at what PIDs are assigned to it.

joecar
September 11th, 2013, 03:54 AM
You have to edit the file cal_lin.txt...

find the [ E40 ] section, find the spark tables within the E40 section, add your linking pid (with a comma as separator).

ScarabEpic22
September 11th, 2013, 05:37 AM
You have to edit the file cal_lin.txt...

find the [ E40 ] section, find the spark tables within the E40 section, add your linking pid (with a comma as separator).

The cal_link file was split into controller-specific files a few releases ago Joe... :)

Just find the E40 one and edit/verify in there.

mowton
September 11th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Tried to update cal.link but still links to BEN? Did I do it right?

Thanks,

Ed M

joecar
September 11th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Hmmm.... try this: from B5101.COL remove the GM pid (and remove the comma)... so that only the E40 pid is present.

Blacky
September 11th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Tried to update cal.link but still links to BEN? Did I do it right?

Thanks,

Ed M

As ScarabEpic22 posted, the cal_link.txt file is now obsolete. Assuming you have the latest software installed (and if you don't I recommend that you get it now*), you should be using the file: E40_link.ini to set up linked PIDs.

* Latest software is available here: https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
Download and install both V7.5 and V8. Then run the V8 Scan and Tune package and click on [Check Firmware] to make sure your V2 firmware is up to date.

Regards
Paul

joecar
September 11th, 2013, 10:53 AM
note to self: look for the _link.ini files.

mowton
September 11th, 2013, 12:56 PM
As ScarabEpic22 posted, the cal_link.txt file is now obsolete. Assuming you have the latest software installed (and if you don't I recommend that you get it now*), you should be using the file: E40_link.ini to set up linked PIDs.

* Latest software is available here: https://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive
Download and install both V7.5 and V8. Then run the V8 Scan and Tune package and click on [Check Firmware] to make sure your V2 firmware is up to date.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, that did the trick. Not sure why I have to change the link name but it works. Is the disconnect in the Link file (many references to GM.APCYL) versus the one PID name?

Will try and load the new public release...am a bit apprehensive due to the problems we had last release. Though you did get us through that issues as well, thanks again.

Thanks all for your help as well.

Ed M