PDA

View Full Version : how do I lower my min pulsewidth?

JUSTASBC
September 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I am working with the OS in my sig. I can only get my PW down to about 1.5. I really want this to work right as I will be using the flex fuel this OS offers. It looks like I would be able to make it work if I could access B9021. Unfortunately that is not available with the 1MB OS's. Is there a way to access this file that I am not aware of? Could I send my tune to someone that could access it for me?
Thanks,
Daryl

JUSTASBC
September 25th, 2013, 12:49 AM
In case anyone was wondering I was able to lower my pulse width. Unfortunately EFI Live cant do it, but I was able to do it with HP Tuners. I had to load in the stock tune, and pull it off with HPT. I then adjusted minimum fuel milligrams under the transient fuel table. I changed it from .032 to .007. I then loaded the tune to my truck with HPT. Then I pulled the tune off with EFI Live. Now I had a tune with B9021 adjusted. I then started the COS over again. It worked, I can get my min pulse width down very low so that I dont go rich on decel or idle. Just for the record I am a die hard EFI Live guy, and will always use it. I just feel that there should be the ability to adjust this. With the anticipation of higher ethanol percentages bigger injectors are needed, and that means lower pulse widths are needed too. There are a lot of people still running the older operating systems, and in my opinion they are still the best choice for engine swaps.

joecar
September 25th, 2013, 05:55 AM
See post #7 and #9 here: Can-we-get-B9021-injector-minimum-pulsewidth-for-1mb-PCM (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?21315-Can-we-get-B9021-injector-minimum-pulsewidth-for-1mb-PCM)

JUSTASBC
September 25th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Excellent. Thanks Joe.