PDA

View Full Version : Valet Mode

ZL1Killa
April 7th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I want to do this, as we have invested a lot of time and money into the car and we don't want to lose anything that we have done. Don't want to buy an aftermarket alarm, I would rather use what I have and not allow the car to go over such a speed or RPM. Could someone explain the valet mode to me completely.

i do understand that you wire directly to the pcm and have a switch that, when on, limits the rpm and the speed(?)

I'm upgrading to COS 3 on my 2001 TA WS6 6spd

ZL1Killa
April 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
found it....oops

SinisterSS
April 7th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Just don't bump your hidden switch when driving down the freeway in a pack of cars. Not that I'd know.... :nixweiss:

:master:COS3

TAQuickness
April 7th, 2006, 11:27 PM
i've rigged mine to work with my alarm. if someone does steal the car, i can walk faster than they can get away.

GMPX
April 8th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Should have seen the neighbours when I was testing this watching my 'crappy GM car' coughing and spluttering down the street ;)
Also, Custom O.S #2 will do valet mode fine as well.

Cheers,
Ross

ZL1Killa
April 10th, 2006, 01:07 AM
so once you get COS 3 installed...and get a tune that you were last running in the car, and wire up the switch. you can then set the valet mode speed to what you want, and with the switch off...hope to god its off!! etc.....
wire it up wrong..lol

ZL1Killa
April 10th, 2006, 01:08 AM
Just don't bump your hidden switch when driving down the freeway in a pack of cars. Not that I'd know.... :nixweiss:

:master:COS3

OH DEAR!!!...what would it do? cuz from what you say it sounds bad...

I also read about performing a full flash to upload the COS 3 to the computer...and I see the warning in one of the pdf files....if i follow the COS upgrade tutorial i shouldn't have a problem right?

and how do you do a FULL reflash...just click Program PCM calibration like normal when flashing a tune...and then load your tune after full flash and flash that...check for sane values..then flash again

have i got it right so far?? LOL