PDA

View Full Version : help with calc_pids.txt file

GSXRTURBO1
September 18th, 2013, 08:18 AM
I'm very new at this... I need help with displaying my boost pressure correctly (minus BARO) on my dashboard when datalogging boost. I know I need to modify my calc_pids.txt file in User Cinfiguration, but I can't figure out what to change and what values to use. I'm data logging using the BOOST_M Turbo Boost Pressure PID. Please Help! :thumb_yello:

GSXRTURBO1
September 18th, 2013, 08:19 AM
This is how the file looks currently:

# ================================================== ============================
# File details
# ------------
#
# This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
VERSION 7.1.1 File version
DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
# Units
# -------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

None None "" "No units"

# Add slot definitions here
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
#
#Units Low High Fmt Expression
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
# --------------------------------
# See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
#
#Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
#------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

joecar
September 18th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Try the attached calc_pids.txt.

( if you do edit it for any reason, make sure to leave at least 2 blank lines at the end )

GSXRTURBO1
September 18th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Thanks... I saved the file you sent as the new calc_pids.txt, but when I replay a log file the dashboard is still showing 14.5 psi when it should be 0 psi, so it appears the offset isn't being displayed. Do I need to log again to have those settings take effect?

GSXRTURBO1
September 18th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Perhaps this info will help:

Duramax LB7
In the Data screen with a previously recorded log file open, the Caption is BOOST_DMA, the Description is Turbo Boost Pressure, min value is 14.2 (should be 0), the Parameter is GM.BOOST_DMA, the System is diesel.

joecar
September 19th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Are you displaying the new pid "CALC.BOOST" on the dashboard (gauge or chart)...?

Post a screenshot.

GSXRTURBO1
September 19th, 2013, 07:06 AM
I don't think so, as I don't see anything that says CALC.BOOST

I'm not sure how to post a screenshot...

joecar
September 19th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Did you copy the new cal_pids.txt file to the User Configuration folder...?

In the V7 scantool, on the PIDs tab, did you select these pids: CALC.BOOST, SAE.MAP, SAE.BARO...?

joecar
September 19th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Posting a screenshot: see post #10 here Hosting-an-Image (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image)

GSXRTURBO1
September 20th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Let's see if this works...

GSXRTURBO1
September 20th, 2013, 04:32 AM

GSXRTURBO1
September 20th, 2013, 04:33 AM

GSXRTURBO1
September 20th, 2013, 04:38 AM

GSXRTURBO1
September 20th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Yes, and No.

If I need to also select and log BARO, then that may be my problem. I just assumed it would know what BARO is and subtract it, but obviously it can't know exactly what BARO is at any given moment unless I'm monitoring (logging) it.

GSXRTURBO1
September 20th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Did you copy the new cal_pids.txt file to the User Configuration folder...?

In the V7 scantool, on the PIDs tab, did you select these pids: CALC.BOOST, SAE.MAP, SAE.BARO...?

That last post was for this ^

GSXRTURBO1
September 20th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Wait, I'm confused. The PIDS I selected for Datalogging were in V8 in BBX, I don't recall selecting any PIDS in V7 at all.

GSXRTURBO1
September 20th, 2013, 05:34 AM

joecar
September 20th, 2013, 08:26 AM
V2 BBL cannot log a calc pid on the fly.

joecar
September 20th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Are you logging with V7 and a laptop in vehicle, or with V2 in standalone (no laptop)...?

joecar
September 20th, 2013, 08:33 AM
If you log with V2 BBL:
- configure BBL to log SAE.MAP and SAE.BARO,
- program into V2,
- take V2 to vehicle and log,
- take V2 to laptop
- uplod log to PC,
- continue on as in next paragraph:

If you log with V7 scantool/laptop:
- run V7 scantool,
- goto PID tab,
- click on the heading of the last column on the right (to sort by this column),
- locate and select the pid CALC.BOOST,
- save log file (to save the calc pid into the log file),
- goto Dash tab,
- on gauge/chart select the pid CALC.BOOST (in psi),
- you should be able to view the CALC.BOOST data.

GSXRTURBO1
September 21st, 2013, 03:42 AM
Are you logging with V7 and a laptop in vehicle, or with V2 in standalone (no laptop)...?

V2 standalone. I'm choosing one of the BBL Controllers I saved to the V2, each with various different PID's.

I'll read some more and play around with what you have in your last post, then get back to this thread with my results.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

GSXRTURBO1
September 30th, 2013, 05:06 AM
I've finally set up a group of PIDs in a controller that actually shows correct boost levels, now by the process of elimination I just need to figure out which PIDs are the ones I need, and delete the ones I don't need.