PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody thought of trying this?

Chiz1
September 21st, 2013, 04:18 AM
This may be more effort than its worth but here is what I am thinking...

The programming for these trucks is just a series of inputs from sensors and if then statements to pick values from the fueling and timing tables to establish what the computer does to make the engine operate. If we know the hierarchy of how the computer decides which value will dictate, cant we just put all the fueling and timing tables into a spreadsheet, replicate the if then statements, and then grab logged information and have the spreadsheet show us which fueling and timing cells are used with those parameters?

I know there are hidden tables that we cant see but if the spread sheet follows the logged data, it would help us figure out areas of the tune we want to adjust to get the results we are looking for. Any adjustment from there would just be by feel of how the truck responds.

Ive only been working with LB7 programming. Im sure all the others would be a lot more time and effort but would this be worth putting together?

Wheelz
September 21st, 2013, 03:05 PM
I thought that was the point of custom maps..

KhakiCummins
September 22nd, 2013, 03:43 AM
If I understand what you're asking, EFILive already does that if you are playing logged data in the Scan Tool and have the tune open in the Tune Tool. As the data is played, the corresponding cells in the tune file are highlighted.