PDA

View Full Version : Need tuning help - willing to pay $$

Learning
April 7th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Hey tuning pros,

My H/C LS1 is running on a basic EFILive tune but there are lots of small tuning issues to deal with and I don't have the time or energy to learn the entire program or to spend days messing with the car. Unfortunately there are no EFILive tuners within a thousand miles of my home.

I am looking for a knowledgeable tuner that I can pay to have help me tune the car via the internet and phone. I have a good understanding of where the end set up needs to be and I have been modifying cars for years but there are just too many tuning parameters with EFILive to learn! Basically I want someone that I can call and who will walk me through all the steps to get this thing right....and I am willing to pay for their time :cheers:

Anyone out there game to help a fellow LS1 owner? :wave:

zrx1200
April 7th, 2006, 11:06 PM
i'm sure someone will help you..is your car modified or standard? read all of the efi live tutorials..if you have a cam lean of the idle area of the ve table slighly add a bit of advance use the rafig / rafpn. i assume you have a wide band 02? if not buy one.and use t6he auto tune feature.then paywith spark... as for boosted aplications i have no exp.. and search..

GMPX
April 7th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Where do you live?

TAQuickness
April 7th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Where do you live?

tell us where you live so we can come take your money - JK

can you give us an idea of the problem/s?

Learning
April 8th, 2006, 02:38 AM
tell us where you live so we can come take your money - JK

can you give us an idea of the problem/s?

:muahaha: I wish I had enough money that it would be worth you time.

The car a 347 LS1 with cam, heads, 90/90, etc. The main problem I am having surrounds the idle. The idle is "set" at 800rpm in EFILie but it idles at ~950rpm. It will idle fine but if I rev the engine at a standstill or come to a stop when driving the engine will die, or at least drop down to around 300rpm and hunt up and down. I already tried opening up the throttle plate in the TB.

This is the main tuning issue but I have no idea if my fuel trims and other important tuning parameters are in line :nixweiss:

Anyone game for my proposal? If you know these cars and this program well I can email you my tune to look at and if you can put in the time to help make it right I can Paypal some funds your way :help2:

Thanks!

TAQuickness
April 8th, 2006, 05:36 AM
do you have a wideband? If not, I'll make you a deal.

Instead of paying me to help you, spend the money on a wideband, you can get one here: www.greenlightmotorsports.com.

Get a wideband, get it installed and calibrated, then shoot me a pm.

Learning
April 8th, 2006, 05:50 AM
Get a wideband, get it installed and calibrated, then shoot me a pm.

LC1 installed in the car :)

Learning
April 8th, 2006, 09:20 AM
This one might be easy for you guys. How do I get the "Dashboard" to show my Air Fuel ratio (i.e. 14.5) instead of in voltage as it is being displayed now in the default setting? I have gone through the Metric and Imperial thing and tried to change it in the PID tab but I can't.

Thanks

Doc
April 8th, 2006, 09:42 AM
It seems as though you might not have the Wideband AFR parameter selected for the gage you are talking about. Check the gage properties, you will probably find that the wideband ext analog voltage is selected. You need both PIDs selected in order for it to work. Think of it as the ad1 pid gets the raw voltage value and the AFR Pid simply does the math for you. Have you consulted the LC-1 tutorial. It is quite good.

ringram
April 8th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Yeah I think you are better posting up here. Going to and fro from the car and emailing tunes and logs will take time too.
If you spend a little time letting us all know the details and where you are at we can help online.
Either way will take you some time, unless you drop it off for a tune somewhere.
Better to pick the skills up and then be able to tune on your own.

Learning
April 13th, 2006, 09:41 AM
This is very frustration and I still don't have a car that runs.

Is there anyone out there that will get on the phone with me and go back and forth with this tuning until the car runs right? I am happy to pay for the time but right now my car is useless!

Tordne
April 13th, 2006, 10:11 AM
I'll try and give you a hand. I'm in New Zealand but should be able to help you get you going - or at least in the right direction. We can communicate via MSN or Yahoo IM.

Isn't strange how getting the car to idle and have good manners is the hardest thing :)

TAQuickness
April 13th, 2006, 10:34 AM
I'll try and give you a hand. I'm in New Zealand but should be able to help you get you going - or at least in the right direction. We can communicate via MSN or Yahoo IM.

Isn't strange how getting the car to idle and have good manners is the hardest thing :)

What are those? My car drinks, smokes, burps and farts :Eyecrazy:

joecar
April 13th, 2006, 10:36 AM
And onetime it dripped and dribbled orange fluid.:D

Tordne
April 13th, 2006, 12:44 PM
What are those? My car drinks, smokes, burps and farts :Eyecrazy:

Don't blame it on the car mate :muahaha:

Tordne
April 13th, 2006, 12:45 PM

At least you used the right colour coolant though :wave:

TAQuickness
April 13th, 2006, 11:14 PM

How'd you know that?

joecar
April 14th, 2006, 02:23 AM
How'd you know that?
I was looking under the car and right before my eyes with no modesty it peed coolant from the pump bearing/seal :bash:;

during previous oil changes I had observed "orange grease" on the front pan bolts, but it never occured to me that this was "dehydrated" coolant.

Of course, the temp gauge did not show any signs of overheating even though there was a pressure loss, that gauge doesn't do anything other than to tell you the engine was recently run :bash:.

Of course this happened the week that my warranty expired (36K+ miles) :muahaha:.