PDA

View Full Version : Update:Sep 25, 2013

Blacky
September 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM
EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Download here:

EFILiveV7.5.7.242_Setup.exe (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.243_Setup_295014.exe)
EFILiveV8.2.2.234_Setup.exe (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.235_Setup_295014.exe)

Updates:

V7

[*=1]Fixed E40.INVLVTMP_M PID scaling.

V8

[*=1]Fixed LBZ/LMM *.ctd files causing "Integer Overflow" errors when loaded into EFILive V8.
[*=1]Fixed test flash failures on T43, E92, E83,E78 and E39 controllers.
[*=1]Fixed Access Violation when user's locale uses a Chinese character set.
[*=1]Fixed locking problem with E38, E54 and E60 auto-lock.

Firmware

[*=1]Added DSP5/CSP5 switching to AC simple menu.
[*=1]If only one PID selection is programmed into an AutoCal/FlashScan, then starting data logging or switching tunes will not prompt the user for a PID selection. The device will automatically use that PID selection.
[*=1]Fixed System Readiness Test Results which were displaying some "Ready" tests as "Not Ready" in the BBL option "Record All Diags".

Known Issues:
Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

[*=1]Installing this update will not install the Cummins CSP-5 calibration (*.calz) definition files. The CSP-5 definition files are not complete yet and are not included in this update. To restore access the old Cummins CSP-5 *.calz files, install the current public release from our web site download, then install this version over the top of that one.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 243
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 235
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.06 (Jul 31, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.50 (Sep 18, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)

Duramax 6.6L
September 25th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Installed and testing :thumb_yello:

xploitdiesel
September 25th, 2013, 03:36 AM
GMPX mentioned that the CSP5 would be changing fairly soon. Is this the version he referred to. I'm wanting to make sure if this is it before I make new CSP5 scripts.

xploitdiesel
September 25th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Found an issue... Can't open any 06-07 tunes that are non-CSP5... tunes I've already pulled from trucks and my current 5.9L OS database give the error in the picture. 6.7L tunes open fine so far.

2007 5.9
September 25th, 2013, 04:05 AM
Csp-5 isint fully released yet. We are still working on things in beta.

I'd hold off until it's publicly released.

xploitdiesel
September 25th, 2013, 04:46 AM
On a fresh install, this doesn't give you all of the calibrations in V7.5/calibrations/CMB. CMB folder has only 19 files. This prevents new installers from being able to open the CMB tunes in 7.5. Just an update! Thanks guys!

joecar
September 25th, 2013, 05:05 AM
Thank Paul, I'll test on LS1B.

cindy@efilive
September 25th, 2013, 09:00 AM
GMPX mentioned that the CSP5 would be changing fairly soon. Is this the version he referred to. I'm wanting to make sure if this is it before I make new CSP5 scripts.

CSP is not part of this release, it still has some testing to go through. CSP is only available in our July 18 release, and was then removed from our August releases due to some reported issues.

The reference to CSP in the release notes is for AutoCal menu structure. We get numerous AutoCal customers who have never used EFILive before that find the simple menu structure works best, but if their tuner uses DSP or CSP, they need to use the advanced menu structure. At the request of our customers (and those of us who offer product support), we've added switching to the simple menu structure too.

Cheers
Cindy

xploitdiesel
September 25th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the update Cindy. I'm looking forward to the release. I was able to replicate the error of the missing calibrations on another computer. First time install won't have ability to tune 5.9L Cummins until that's fixed.

cindy@efilive
September 25th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Missing calibration files for new installs is now a known issue. Paul is working on it. This is only a pre-release version, should you need to work on any 5.9L vehicles on your new PC, you can uninstall then install the public release from our website.

Cheers
Cindy

xploitdiesel
September 25th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Missing calibration files for new installs is now a known issue. Paul is working on it. This is only a pre-release version, should you need to work on any 5.9L vehicles on your new PC, you can uninstall then install the public release from our website.

Cheers
Cindy

Thanks again. I was just testing the install on a different PC before I updated the one we typically tune with. That's why we ran into the new install issue. Cheers!

wesam
September 26th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Is the auto update working now or not yet ?
Also is there any tables added to E78 since V7.5 build 235 ?

ScarabEpic22
September 27th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Still need support for my E78 Sonic...any idea when new OSs will be supported?

joecar
September 27th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Thank Paul, I'll test on LS1B.The readiness tests are showing the correct states.

cindy@efilive
September 27th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Is the auto update working now or not yet ?
Also is there any tables added to E78 since V7.5 build 235 ?

The auto update feature is only compatible with public releases.

The release notes list the changes in each software version and can be viewed here http://www.efilive.com/latest/cat/download-efilive

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
September 29th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Still need support for my E78 Sonic...any idea when new OSs will be supported?

Erik, I have been working on finishing up some long term projects and others that have had to be bumped up the priority list, unfortunately that means E78, E92 etc haven't been looked at.

rcr1978
September 29th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Anyone else loose PID descriptions for BBL with this update? I have bunch that just show PSI and temp with the actual descriptions gone like IAT, IAT2, Baro, Boost, ect. This is on the actual V2 while logging, I have not check by opening the files in the V7 scantool and this is on a LMM. I have not tested on any other vehicles yet.

joecar
September 29th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Anyone else loose PID descriptions for BBL with this update? I have bunch that just show PSI and temp with the actual descriptions gone like IAT, IAT2, Baro, Boost, ect. This is on the actual V2 while logging, I have not check by opening the files in the V7 scantool and this is on a LMM. I have not tested on any other vehicles yet.
Did you save your Options.txt file to the correct folder (V8 S&T looks in the folder My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config)...?

rcr1978
September 29th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Yup that's were it's at, maybe I will try formating everything and start over from scratch then reload again on the V2. I did get some file opening problems on the update during the install I dont remember if it was the V7 or V8 install but I did have to retry like 8+ different times for different files to complete the update.

joecar
September 29th, 2013, 02:19 PM
No, don't do that...

do this: in V8 S&T when opening BBL, read the file Options.txt, and when making changes write to Options.txt... make sure you read/write Options.txt in the folder My Documents\EFILive\V8\Config.

rcr1978
September 29th, 2013, 02:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that's how I've been doing things but I will give it another try again, Thanks

ScarabEpic22
September 29th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Erik, I have been working on finishing up some long term projects and others that have had to be bumped up the priority list, unfortunately that means E78, E92 etc haven't been looked at.

Ross, thanks for the update. Bummed, but appreciate the honesty. I know how dev (and tech) work goes, it's all about prioritization and sometime the bigger picture is more important.

ACCLR8N
October 2nd, 2013, 12:42 PM
Not a valid WIN32 application? This is on my old XP laptop.

IJ.
October 2nd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Not a valid WIN32 application? This is on my old XP laptop.
Installed on my XP Lappy no probs.

joecar
October 2nd, 2013, 03:42 PM
Not a valid WIN32 application? This is on my old XP laptop.Delete the downloaded .exe files, and re-download, re-install.

ACCLR8N
October 2nd, 2013, 11:16 PM
I waited a day, cleared my download directory and tried again before posting. When I download it also creates additional files named the same with a ".exe.part" extension that I don't remember seeing before.

KhakiCummins
October 3rd, 2013, 04:57 AM
Those .part files are part of the download process. They should go away once the full file is downloaded.

joecar
October 3rd, 2013, 05:50 AM
If the .part file does not go away then the download did not complete, i.e. the .exe file is incomplete.

ACCLR8N
October 3rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Repeated attempts finally succeeded.

Pusher
October 6th, 2013, 02:02 PM
My V7 tune tool no longer has a linear fill function since this update.

Pusher
October 6th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Well, that was fast. Once I posted that, the functions reappeared. Thanks EFILive!

Blacky
October 15th, 2013, 02:03 PM
New update posted here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23338-Update-Oct-16-2013

Regards
Paul