PDA

View Full Version : C&C Tune help please! 6.7 in Ford

406nick
September 25th, 2013, 07:21 AM
First off I am installing a 6.7 in an 08 Ford. The engine is out of a c&c. I have been able to get it to start and run for about 3 seconds which, after hours of reading and searching, sounds like an issue with either the theft system or the type of ecm itself. The numbers I pulled out of the stock file are...os-11610805 cal.-61301434. I read this thread which sounds exactly like what is happening to me http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19609-Flashing-after-6-7-After-Smarty. I can't say whether or not this had a smarty installed or not but it is starting and run for a few short seconds and then dying.
Can you flash different operating and calibrations systems in to try? I may have created my own brick by trying too many different tune files. That or maybe the ecm timed out (if that's something they do). The last couple files I have tried off of tunedepot wouldn't allow it to start at all. Tried putting stock tune back in and still won't start. May give up for the day and hope someone can help.
Btw this is an 08 ecm on the engine, right now I have all the emissions components on it and I am just trying to get it to start and stay running for the moment.

hpi_jeep
September 27th, 2013, 02:28 PM
First off I am installing a 6.7 in an 08 Ford. The engine is out of a c&c. I have been able to get it to start and run for about 3 seconds which, after hours of reading and searching, sounds like an issue with either the theft system or the type of ecm itself. The numbers I pulled out of the stock file are...os-11610805 cal.-61301434. I read this thread which sounds exactly like what is happening to me http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19609-Flashing-after-6-7-After-Smarty. I can't say whether or not this had a smarty installed or not but it is starting and run for a few short seconds and then dying.
Can you flash different operating and calibrations systems in to try? I may have created my own brick by trying too many different tune files. That or maybe the ecm timed out (if that's something they do). The last couple files I have tried off of tunedepot wouldn't allow it to start at all. Tried putting stock tune back in and still won't start. May give up for the day and hope someone can help.
Btw this is an 08 ecm on the engine, right now I have all the emissions components on it and I am just trying to get it to start and stay running for the moment.

make sure you are putting in the correct vin after a flash.
open scan tool connect to the vehicle and press ctrl+alt+v, enter correct vin.
sounds similar to what was happening to me.