PDA

View Full Version : EFI with Turbo Brake for someone dump as a box of rocks?

wildwolfproducts
September 27th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Have no ideal now this works or even seen one used. I have a 2004.5 LLY with 114,000 miles all by me. Looking for a tune for towing and a Turbo brake with it.
How hard is this to hook up when you buy it? Is it dumb proof?
Pete

thunder550
September 27th, 2013, 07:13 AM
For turbo brake, you can just set the Turbo Vane Target Position to 99% from 2200 RPM to the end of the table, and 0-5.0 for the fuel quantity. Basically that's telling the ECM to close the turbo vanes when you're above a specified RPM and not on the throttle (coasting). There's nothing to hook up.

wildwolfproducts
September 27th, 2013, 08:53 AM
For turbo brake, you can just set the Turbo Vane Target Position to 99% from 2200 RPM to the end of the table, and 0-5.0 for the fuel quantity. Basically that's telling the ECM to close the turbo vanes when you're above a specified RPM and not on the throttle (coasting). There's nothing to hook up.

Sounds great, but to me its talking about something I have no ideal what it is? Being I have nothing to write to the ECM and not sure I know where or what that is? This is new to me even though I have had this truck 10 years this coming march. Now the Old 1987 F800 Ford with 7.8 I6 I can work on and talk about. But with electronics I'm lost, can work on a web page but never been around tuners or this stuff.
So please spell it out like you did not know a thing about it and just starting out. I can learn but have to know where to start.
Pete

Boost
September 29th, 2013, 06:33 AM
Are you able to send and receive tune files? Are you able to upload a tune to your truck if someone sends you one?
Email me and I will walk you through it step by step.
tune@torquesouth.com

wildwolfproducts
September 29th, 2013, 09:32 AM
No way to upload them. So looking to find out what I need to do that and the rest. Thanks.
Pete

Boost
September 29th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Purchase an EFILive system from one of the vendors, and read the instructions. If you can work with a webpage, you can do this also. Understanding building a tune is the harder part, when you get to that point, contact me.

wildwolfproducts
September 29th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Boost thanks and will start that process. May take a few weeks to save up the cash. Working on an old Ford F800 7.8 I6 Diesel with Road Ranger 10 speed trans to tow our RV with and its taking all my cash for now.