PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Camshaft Timing What needs to be changed in tune???

inputapmech
October 11th, 2013, 05:51 AM
I have a 2006 Hummer H2 with 6.0L LQ4 block, LS1B in my tuner selection. I have installed a new timing chain
and I advanced the camshaft position 2 degrees, equals 4 degrees crank advance, to get more low end power.
What modifications to my tune do I need to accomplish to make this work as good as it can?
Thankyou for any professional help.......

Wheelz
October 11th, 2013, 06:22 AM
You will need to purchase an external wideband and recalibrate your VE table, along with ensure your MAF sensor is correct. There are tutorials explaining how to do that.

Not sure what else might need to be done

bimbleuk
October 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Idle maps will be the other tables requiring some massaging which will also most likely require some timing adjustments in the High/Low and base maps :)

inputapmech
October 11th, 2013, 08:32 PM
You will need to purchase an external wideband and recalibrate your VE table, along with ensure your MAF sensor is correct. There are tutorials explaining how to do that.

Not sure what else might need to be done

Yes I know that basic tuning needs to be accomplished but the cam position sensor has been
advanced 2 degrees and I'm not sure what is exactly controlled by that reading (injectors,ignition, timing advance,etc..)
I know that the crank position sensor and the cam position sensor input data to the PCM but whathappens when you disturb
the original relationship I dont know...... I'm guessing I need to compensate for the shift somehow..... Am I thinking correctly??